Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey!

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • Hello Ladies,

What do you have planned for today. I am going to try to add an additional walk in today. We have been swimming in the outdoor pool. Other people find it so cold but we find it nice.
    For the most part I have been on plan with my eating.

What do most people eat each day. I think I need new ideas.
    Has any one tried the individually packaged vegetables, they are one point for the butter ones and zero points for the others?

I need some new breakfast ideas too.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Take Care
    Ann
  • Linda, sometimes you just have to bring your own snacks, I completely agree to that! Some of the things I've seen or been offered would have thrown me completely off track! But I found that I crave fruit when I think of something sweet now (or a low point ice cream or low-cal cookies, ) But I do find myself crunching on carrots while the guy next to me eats three huge candy-covered cookies, and I get 'jealous' of not only the cookies, but also the fact that he's half of me. Then the cookies just don't look that appetizing any more and I pop another carrot stick in my mouth. It's tough, but do-able.

Ann, I've tried a few of the single-serve frozen veggies before I started WW. Personally, the veggies end up too cooked for my taste, but some like them that way, so I say test one out. I wouldn't stock my freezer with them before trying each kind, so definitely try one pack at a time to see if you like them.

Breakfast for me is usually two cups of fruit, one of those Quaker mini delights packs, and a low point yogart at 7am. But then I eat lunch between 11am and noon, so I don't know how filling that is for some people, works for me though.

I use the WW quesodillas (sp?) that come two to a box to burn up points in the evening since most of what I eat all day is 1 pt or less fruit and veggies. A baggie of precooked chicken breast over my salad and cheese stick for lunch. I have little snacks here and there at various times and ww ice cream at the end of it all, so I can burn up those 32 points I'm suppose to eat. But I rarely cook anymore since I've been on my own for almost 2 or so years.

I end up with too much leftovers and no one (meaning me) who wants to eat them.
  • Hello, everyone! I weighed in today and am down 1.6 (a BIG loss for me, the slllloooow loser). I've had a total epiphany about using the flex points and why I was stalled for so long while counting calories. I'm feeling pretty good and on track.

Ann, for breakfast I use high fiber bread, dip it into egg whites and cinnamon, and put two tablespoons of sugar-free, low-cal syrup on it. Very filling 4-point breakfast. I was actually craving this last night and had it for dinner! I'm also going to try some of the egg mug recipes I've been reading about (they're on Hungry Girl).

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • I don't know if we just got the bright idea to do it or where it came from, but my siblings and I used to microwave eggs in mugs when we were much younger. I got sick of them after a while (smells funny in my opinion, but edible), and the mugs were hard to clean (<- used to piss my mom off when we didn't clean them well enough, not something you want to see when you glance into your coffee, ). I wish you better luck with your experiments, traceriffic, it does work.
  • Hello ladies,

I have been on holidays so sometimes I can't get internet access. Thanks for all the ideas about breakfast.

I was worried about Linda and sent her a message.

Here is her reply.

I have to coordinate making a raffle quilt for the Gold Star Moms. They are the moms who have lost a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan. What is a good woman to do when she is approached and asked something like that? They are going to erect a bronze memorial statue for the entire New England states and I am part of their fundraiser. I've got to get it all coordinated so that 60 quilt blocks have to be made and then put into a quilt that is a replica of a US Civil War quilt. It requires every ounce of my organizational skills this week so that people can get their patterns and begin their important work.
    Just about every block is different and this quilt will be of historical significance. Please make a post for me to the group that I am just swamped, care very much and will be back with them in a week or so. I do want and need to be there but this is an exceptional week and I have had three meetings about projects other than this big one as well as in charge of coffee hour at church on Sunday. Haven't eaten anything I've been baking, that is huge for me!
    So, hugs to you and all and I shall return!
    Feel free to tell them what I'm up to.

Linda

Linda, what an amazing project. I wish you the best of luck.

I hope all you ladies have a great weekend. I hope to post regularly once I get home.

Take Care
    Ann
  • Quote: I don't know if we just got the bright idea to do it or where it came from, but my siblings and I used to microwave eggs in mugs when we were much younger. I got sick of them after a while (smells funny in my opinion, but edible), and the mugs were hard to clean (<- used to piss my mom off when we didn't clean them well enough, not something you want to see when you glance into your coffee, ). I wish you better luck with your experiments, traceriffic, it does work.
    Ha...my husband is a tea drinker who doesn't eat eggs. He should be a real fan of mine soon. I may have to designate some egg-only mugs.

This week has been horrible. Oral surgery, lack of sleep, overstressed. My home scale has not been kind, so I fear I may not lose at all come Tuesday! Hope you and everyone else are having a better time of it.
  • Hi ladies, sorry to be absent for awhile. I do see that Anne copied my response to her query about why I hadn't been here in awhile. I am please to say that 60 quilt block patterns are now copied and emailed to tons of people and they can now work on their blocks and get them back to me.
    I do want to explain that I am the NH Coordinator for a project called Home of the Brave Quilt Project. We make quilts for the family of every soldier we have lost in the Global War on Terror. It's a very busy job (not a paid job, a volunteer job) and sometimes the work is very emotional. This other project is a "one shot deal" for me and the entire quilt will be completed and raffled off very soon.
    As for eating, I've been doing "OK" this week, but have not been paying tremendous amounts of attention to food, I did blow it last night on a dessert, though. Luckily, I an not much for football, so Superbowl won't be a huge problem for me. I am making a turkey dinner tomorrow night, though. But, it's not Thanksgiving and all the extras that are usually part of such a meal won't be a temptation.
    I hope to get back on my WW program this week and try to do a bit of exercise.
    By the way, do any of you wonder how some people just take to WW like a fish to water? They thrive on rules and schedules and the rest of us seem to fight it and become easily bored? Just want to share that I am a bit jealous of my sister's success. She joined a WW at work program about 3 weeks ago and just emailed me that she has lost 8.8 pounds in three weeks. I haven't been able to do that in one full year.
    She is a controlling person. Our joking family nickname for her is "the general". She can't even sit in the car while her husband drives, she has to drive as she freaks out, as a backseat driver. She is the worker in the household and her husband has the role of homemaker. It works for them, as she truly is that control freak person. So, here she is three weeks into this program and she is just thriving.
    So, what am I to do? Part of me wants to be competitive with her, but I have been doing WW on and off for 16 years. The enthusiasm she has for this, as a newcomer, probably mirrors how I felt when my daughter (19) was three and I put her in nursery school and could get to the WW meetings while she was there. I remember losing 4 pounds my first week.
    So, I just have to be me, but perhaps she will at least spur me on to try again a little more?
    Sorry to be so long.
    Keep up the good work.
    Also, seeing as tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, perhaps some of you might want to share some low point ideas for snacking. Also, Beck's Light Beer is only 64 calories and is one point per bottle. So, if you must have beer, that is the brand to have. I like it as well.
  • Awesome work, Linda, with the quilts. That is so cool!

Well part of it is probably the first week loss, which can be big for some people. My first week was large (6 lbs) and your sister's may have been too. But I've been hearing since I've joined 3fc that it takes a lot of will power to just keep going sometimes when you're further into the program like you are. Trade ideas and insight on ww and how it is going for each of you, maybe she can become your weight loss buddy, and her being the "general" just might workout as sort of a teammate or a coach instead of some one you are trying to one up. Another person to help keep you accountable? That is if you are still good friends with Mrs. General.

My fridge & freezer are looking rather empty. I better make a shopping list.
    Chat with you ladies again sometime soon!
  • Hello ladies

Traceriffic, congratulations losing the 1.6 pounds. Sorry to hear this week hasn't been ideal for you with oral surgery and all. I hope you feel better.
    Good luck with those eggs cooked in mugs.

Linda that is wonderful all the work you do with The Home of The Brave Quilt project.
    Your sister is probably just in the honey moon stage. I lost my weight during this first six months and then I just didn't do anything else, except maintain. Now I have joined curves and I hope to start losing again. At curves, I brought in my daily journal and they said, I am not eating enough. I have to add my weekly points and somedays I need to eat my activity points. I will give it a try. The reason they have given me is that they feel I have slowed down my metabolism. Not sure if this is true, I am willing to give it a try.

Zanheltangia, my fridge and freezer are looking empty as we just got back from vacation last night. I need to go shopping too. We sure loved the weather in Florida, we were in shorts and were not cold at all. We even played on the beach and my son swam in the ocean. The hotel had an outdoor pool and waterslide and once we went swimming in it, others followed. It was fun.

We drove back in that huge storm, was just crazy, we should have stayed in Florida a few more days.

I do hope all you ladies have a great day.

Take Care
    Ann
  • Glad you are back safely, Ann. I guess you'll be grocery shopping today, for sure.
    You guys are right, my sister is in the honeymoon stage and her first week's weight loss was 5 pounds.
    Today I have set a goal to be on my treadmill. It's too cold for me to have a desire to walk outdoors, but I can do something inside.
    I have set a goal of walking at least 20 minutes 4 times this week. It's simple, it's not too overwhelming and it's something I can do.
    I will also try to get my eating in order. My usual WW meeting falls on a Tuesday. I'm just not sure I am up to going. I put in one heck of a week last week and I am not sure what I want to do.
    We'll see, but for today, the treadmill and I can be friends.
  • I didn't go shopping, so I'm stuck with soft foods (jello, pudding, yogart, tortilla, flavored cream cheese, and a cheese stick) and a few low point pantry snacks today. So unhealthy! I miss my fruit and veggies, as odd as that reads.

There's no microwave at work anymore, so at least I can drag the few smart ones dinners home that I have in the work fridge. Still doesn't mean that I don't have to go grocery hunting tonight. I just don't wanna.

Linda, it's great to hear you making goals again! Hopefully I'll catch on today.

Glad that you got back alright, Ann. I got creative over the weekend and let myself slack on getting anything done, I better get my act together, eh?
  • Day one, walking - check!
    Day two, walking - not checked yet, but I'm feeling good about it.

Today is grocery shopping day and I am glad. Last night, I survived dinner (by myself) with, of all things, pancakes and applesauce. Not particularly smart and not particularly good for me - at least from my perspective.

Ended the evening, after a dismal meeting, with a glass of wine. Not doing well as far as what I am putting into my body, today I hope will be a better day.

I was so exasperated last night. Sometimes, the person who starts an important group and has the right ideas is just not good at chairing meetings. I kept sitting there trying to redirect the group back on topic and it was one of the worst meetings I have ever sat through in my life. Sad, but true.
    But, today is a day where I can reflect and maybe say or do something that is not critical that might help?
  • Hello ladies

I hope you are doing well.

Linda, great job on the walking.

I too walked today. It was so cold out but I wanted to walk to I bundled up and went out.

I hope grocery shopping went well.

I love when I have healthy food in my house. I eat much better.

Well I am off to help at school

Take Care
    Ann
  • Good morning ladies,

Have a great day. I am wishing for spring to get here soon.

I had oatmeal for breakfast and it was so good. I am out and about this morning so I packed an orange, apple and 100 calorie snack so I don't buy fast food or snack things.

Enjoy your day.

Ann
  • Hi ladies, I have to get back on track! I have been taking a break from counting and it is time to get back to the healthier eating that I was proud of.

Still doing chemo and nurse said weight gain is to be expected due to steriods, but I don't want to gain all that weight back.

So I need to go to the grocery and stock back up on the things that helped me last time.