Your cycle and weight increase/decrease?

• Trying to put this as delicately as possible. Does your cycle affect your weight? Will have first weigh in while "on" and am wondering if this will affect my weight?

Marie
  • Yes.
    Approx day 1-7 your hormones are at their lowest. If you can get around your TOM bloat, you can see your real weight. I usually can't see it until day 6 or 7.

Days 8-14 your estrogen goes up. Estrogen causes water bloating. You gain 1-3 lbs for no reason.

Days 14-19 your estrogen drops off extremely fast as you ovulate but progesterone starts rising. You lose some water but not the whole thing because progesterone holds on to water also.

Day 19-24 (that is mine) your progesterone starts dropping and usually for me, about 1 day before TOM I see my *true weight* and then it is obscured by hormones, water and bloat again.

I see my true weight about 1 time per month.
  • My cycle affects my weight ALOT! I can fluctuate up to 3-4lbs above what I actually weigh. Then, once TOM arrives, it'll stay up the first couple days, then by day 3 or 4 it starts going back down and USUALLY if I've stayed on plan prior to the water weight gain, it goes down below my "pre-water gain" weight....but all women are different...just don't get discouraged if your first WI is a little higher than you expected...it SHOULD go back down towards the end of your cycle.....hope this helps
  • It probably will but now that you know that prepare yourself for your WI....it'll be ok
  • I usually weight 1-3 lbs more the week of my period.
  • Thanks for the input. I have my first "on" weigh-in Thursday and am just going to make up my mind to "deal with it".

Many thanks for the support!

Marie
  • My weigh-in results!?!?!?!?!
    Ok after hearing everyone talk about how their cycle can affect their weight I was really nervous about this first weigh in while "on".

I usually attend the Thurs night meeting but we had a horrible rain storm come thru and I didn't want to drive. So, I went this morning to the Saturday meeting.

Still nervous about the weigh in but figured "Oh well! Deal with it!" So up on the scale I went...........Yeah down another 3 POUNDS!!!!

I am soooo excited! I have officially lost 9.2 pounds in three weeks. This is a lot more than I have lost when trying to do it myself.

Marie
  • My cycle definetely affects my weight loss. It can get discouraging, but stick with it. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • My weight usually stays the same but occasionally will go up 1-2 pounds around that time.
  • Quote: Ok after hearing everyone talk about how their cycle can affect their weight I was really nervous about this first weigh in while "on".

I usually attend the Thurs night meeting but we had a horrible rain storm come thru and I didn't want to drive. So, I went this morning to the Saturday meeting.

Still nervous about the weigh in but figured "Oh well! Deal with it!" So up on the scale I went...........Yeah down another 3 POUNDS!!!!

I am soooo excited! I have officially lost 9.2 pounds in three weeks. This is a lot more than I have lost when trying to do it myself.

Marie
    I know this is a month & a half later, but that's great! With my cycles, by right before the start of my period and the first few days, my weight is usually up by a few pounds. My last time, though, I had actually lost a little the week before (like 1 lb) then gained that back plus another 4! A few days after I was done, I actually dropped down in weight by about 6 or 7 lbs. It was crazy!! Curious to see what this time brings. I figure I should be starting around the middle of this upcoming week, IF it comes around the same time as the last time. (I'm prone to irregular cycles, so I never can tell) I do know that this past week I was hungry ALL THE TIME. The week before I had to struggle to get in my daily points (26) and this past week I was dipping into my weekly allowance points (flex points) every day, and by quite a bit. I could tell, too. Friday is when I weigh myself, and I was up .6 lbs from the week before. (when I had had a 2.4 or 2.6 lb loss) Bracing myself for more of a gain, but if I stay on plan the best I can during, I'm kind of excited to see how much it comes down again a few days after I'm done.