OT: I need advice

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • sunflowergirl - I SO understand this!! I've been with my boyfriend for 10 years, things are great! I love him 100%. And then this guy at work, he's cute, we hang out together at work a bit, and I've developed a little crush on him. And he flirts back. He has a girlfriend, and he's friends with my boyfriend (who also happens to be his boss). The part about feeling something you haven't felt in a long time, it makes perfect sense. The "newness" of a crush is a great feeling, makes you remember the first kiss, the first holding of hands (if you are cheesy like me)... I am not going to have those things.. BUT! A long term relationship brings so much better things, comfort, great intimacy - that you can only get when you really love someone. Enjoy the crush, don't feel bad, just don't act on it. I also do NOT share this with my boyfriend, why? Not because he'll get mad, but he might.. I don't tell him because I wouldn't want to him to tell me if he had a crush on someone!

Anyways, long-winded.. hope you get some peace with this

-Aimee
  • So I ended up talking to him about it but I didn't tell him who it was and he understood. and i'm going to try my darndest to not be around him. I'm glad that other people have experienced this too.
  • I can completely relate to where you are coming from. I'm 27 and have been with my husband for 10 years married for almost 6.

Is this friend a really good friend to your fiance? Are you friends with his girlfriend? Do you feel in you were given the opportunity you'd do things with him that would be crossing the line? You need to be honest with your fiance also. He should know what your struggling with and be willing to do what it takes on his part to help with that. Whether it means taking a break from his friend for awhile or you keeping your distance from him.

Are you taking time to take care of your relationship? Keep in mind that every relationship will go through ups and downs...that's only normal. Be careful of the downs though because that is when it will be easier to make mistakes and ruin what you have.
  • I've always said communication is the key, you should sit down with fiance and talk about this. You just need to rekindle that sparks again. Don't feel bad everybody attract to another but doesn't mean they have to purse it (sorry can't spell blah!)