Online or Telephone Meetings?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Irishchik,

I will be happy to send you my extra Twelve & Twelve OA book. Just send me your address and I will mail it to you, free of charge.
  • Online Video Meeting
    You guys have me thinking of something. I work in technology at a junior high and we use Tokbox (tokbox dot com). It is a free video chat and video messaging (similar to Skype), but you can have up to TWENTY people on it. FREE!

What would y'all think of trying something like for an online OA meeting? If there is interest, I would be happy to set it up.

(It does not require any download either, which may be a plus for some of you.)
  • The cool thing about it is that you can join via a webcam or you can even call into the meeting.
  • I think that would be a neat idea. I have no idea how to use skype, never had a need for it. I always used Yahoo chat.

I just ordered the 12 steps to OA today. And have attended a few meetings now. So, I think it would be a great idea!
  • I guess a lot of people haven't replied but I'd totally be interested in doing something like this online OA meeting! Thanks TExasHope!
  • I would also be very interested in an online meeting thingey! I will be getting a laptop with webcam in it pretty soon to stay in contact with my DH while he is deployed so this would work perfectly.
  • Double post, sorry.

I am brand spankin' new to OA and I have so many questions....How do you join? How do you get a sponsor? What are the 12 steps? Are there books? I love to read books and learn cuz i'm a nerd, lol. Going to have to wait a while before I can buy books tho, fundage is a bit tight.
  • Hi,

I am new to the OA topics on this site too.

I am back in OA for the first time in a few years. I tried the telephone meetings and like them in general. I have trouble accessing the online meetings. My computer doesn't cooperate with me there. I don't get to go to many face to face meetings. There is one that I can walk to but as for other ones, they are hard to get to.