You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Cincinnati, Oh

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Daughter 8, Son 4 and baby girl 4 months

Occupation: nursing student, stay at home mom, part time bartender

Pets: my daughter has turtles

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with my family!

Height: 5’3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, brown hair with blond highlights

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: July 30th, 2010, but really my whole life

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 235

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: forgive myself if I fall short, and not throw the towel in and "start over" again.

Following any specific plan: Eating less and more nutritious, and exercising at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just had my third child and had diabetes during pregnancy. I want to be around to enjoy my children. I don’t want my weight loss to be a deterrent between my best life and my children’s best life anymore!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am looking for a workout buddy locally, anyone in the Springfield Township area in Cincinnati Ohio?
  • First name: Sierra

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 dogs: Sushi, Yoshi & Milla. 1 parrot: Binky

Hobbies/Interests: An assortment of HBO and Showtime programs, reading, cleaning, cooking, and working on my marksmanship.

Height: 5'4" but much more technically 5'3.75" Whatevers.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/2010

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat for no good reason in addition to already eating for my health! & I have a hard time saying no...If junk food is in the house, if someone offers certain foods to me, etc. & Just occasionally not caring and giving up on eating mindfully due to stress.

Following any specific plan: Working on mindful eating for now, when i wean off the epic bingeing diet I plan to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've really done the whole yo yo thing for the past few years...I'm getting tired of goin up and down...Would really like to maintain a consistent weight!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just left my home in Hawaii of 9 years to move to Virginia a few months back and its a place I've never been to before. Shortly after arriving here, my parents are getting divorced and I won't see my mother again for prolly a few years. The added stress of this and the new responsibilities I have make staying motivated on a healthy eating plan much more difficult than I anticipated.
  • First name: Hi! I'm Ashleigh

Geographical location: Portland OR

Children/Ages: None, but wanted very much in a few years!

Pets: 2 amazingly adorable dogs. Trixie- doxie/min-pin mix and Sampson- Maltese/yorkie mix

Hobbies/Interests: I spend lots of time with my family, walking the dogs, reading and watching movies and I love to bake.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on starting Fall of 2006, but restarted as a lifestyle change (not just a diet) as of July 2010.

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 181 *sigh*

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating, I'm terrible at controlling myself when emotions are flowing.

Following any specific plan: No, interested in WW but unable to afford anything at the moment

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I was solely concerned with my looks, this time my main concern is my health, the health of my husband (who is working on a lifestyle change with me) and the health of our future children. I am also hoping that some of the emotional stressors that set me off track before won't be applicable this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am very grateful for any support- this is a challenge for me as I have never had a healthy lifestyle.
  • First name: Tiffany

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Children/Ages: Mackenzie - 3 in August!

Pets: Golden Retriever/Chow Mix - Toby

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (currently on the 4th Sookie Stackhouse novel), and now, Zumba.

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/28/10

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 171.6

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and staying away from the carbs!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: On 6/27/10, a good friend of our family passed away suddenly at the age of 43. He had a 6 year old daughter. He had warning signs that he ignored. It was my necessary wake up call to get healthy for myself and my family.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I SO want to succeed this time!
  • First name: Caroline

Geographical location:Sweet Home Alabama

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:None

Pets:One dog, a golden retriever named Bacardi

Hobbies/Interests:Life! and Losing weight!

Height:Just above 5 feet

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Since I was born? I'm officially starting on 1 August 2010

Starting Weight:200 pounds

Present Weight:200 pounds

Goal Weight:130 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Getting past the plateaus

Following any specific plan:Not yet..I NEED SOME IDEAS!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:MY WEDDING IS APPROACHING in 9 months! I have to lose weight and start a lifestyle change!

Anything else you would like to share with us:Help me out/motivate me/give me ideas and I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU IN RETURN!
  • First name: Dana

Geographical location:
    OR

Marital Status:
    Single

Children/Ages:
    None

Student

Pets:
    Rabbit

Hobbies/Interests:
    graphic/web design, german, traveling

Height:
    5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color:
    green / light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    My whole life? haha. I guess 7/28/10

Starting Weight:
    260 lbs

Present Weight:
    245 lbs

Goal Weight:
    125 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    self-discipline, emotional eating

Following any specific plan:
    WeightWatchers, gym

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    A knee injury that is only getting worse from the weight, and I'm not getting any younger!
  • First name: Kina

Geographical location: New York City

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: 2 ages 9 and 8 months

Pets: I was going to say none but I keep forgetting about the d*mn turtles...lol

Height: 5'9

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/01/10

Starting Weight: 271.4

Present Weight: see above

Goal Weight: 190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The motivation having a full time job and being a full time mom really blocks you from concentrating on your goal.

Following any specific plan: Doing it my way! By couting calories and controlling my portions.
  • First name: Vanessa

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: Makenzie 3 yrs, Brandon Jr 1 yr

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Art: painting, drawing, pastels

Height: 5'3

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2010

Starting Weight: 178

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not being able to go to gym when the kids are sick and trying to get motivated to work out at home. Also, eating healthier.

Following any specific plan: No, just going to the gym and watching what I eat

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I joined a gym and joined this website to find others for support and to see I'm not alone at this!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be on this website and to be connecting with everyone!
  • First name: Jess

Geographical location: England

Marital Status:In a relationship

Children/Ages:none

Pets:none that live with me

Hobbies/Interests:music, the computer, sitting around eating fast food :P not a good hobby!

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/green eyes & brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/08/2010

Starting Weight: 203lbs

Present Weight: 203lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Liking the taste of unhealthy food too much and pure laziness!

Following any specific plan: just calorie counting and exercise - gonna start off with 30 day shred, see how that goes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose this excess weight before i'm 21 which gives me nearly a year! I also have never been this big and I notice it so much this time - my knees are giving out, breathing's hard etc etc

Anything else you would like to share with us:

• First name: Sandi

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: Newlywed

Pets: 2 dogs - Boxers

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my family (2-legged and 4-legged variety), anything outdoors, watching movies, traveling

Height: 5'7"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since Age 12, joined here 08/02/2010

Starting Weight: 182.6

Present Weight: 182.6

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing my eating habits. Being from the south, I was brought up on unhealthy foods and unfortunately, I'm pretty much in love with anything fried.

Following any specific plan: P90X for workouts, I'm lost on nutrition

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Something's gotta give. I'm the biggest I've ever been and I'm tired of struggling with my weight, constantly feeling disgusted at myself, not wanting to go out with friends b/c I feel huge. Something's gotta give.
  • First name: Shannon

Geographical location: Bay Area, California

Marital Status: Engaged, getting married 9/18/10

Pets: Cali, 1 year old German Shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: hanging out with fiance, hockey, watching tv, reading

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/ dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Been on a perpetual diet since I was 10, but starting again 7/25/10

Starting Weight: 250 lbs

Present Weight: 243 lbs

Goal Weight: 160-170 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I feel like even when I look at food I gain weight. Exercising- I hate sweating lol

Following any specific plan: South Beach and then will go to weight watchers again later. Trying to workout every morning.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had lost 20lbs in Jan of this year, tried on my wedding dress 7mnths later and it was too tight. I had gained 20lbs in 7 months!!! NOT HEALTHY. That and we want to have kids shortly and I dont want to be out of breath playing with my kids
  • First name: Okiemute

Geographical location: Bowie, MD

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: walking, reading, and dancing

Height: 66 inches (5'6)

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 12, 2010

Starting Weight: 330

Present Weight: 323.8

Goal Weight: 154

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My health is being called into question!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I share the same b-day as O.J Simpson and Courtney Love (7/9)

Geographical location: Chicago

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: barista/student (studying chemical dependency counseling)

Pets: 1 gold cockerspaniel named Benny

Hobbies/Interests: psychology, psycho-pharmacology, reading, writing

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/31/10

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 160 for now, but 120 eventually

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: comfort eating

Following any specific plan: Belly Fat Cure

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really tried much in the past...
  • I've managed to find time to post but haven't done of these yet.. here you go!

First name:Amanda, Manda

Geographical location: Daytona, FL

Children/Ages: Just the 4 legged variety for now.

Pets: Gizmo, 7 year old Schnauzer; Sara, 3 year old Doberman; B and SCSI approximately 9 year old felines.

Hobbies/Interests: Fishing, going to the beach/springs/pool, hiking with friends and the dogs (when not in danger of heat stroke), SHOPPING, shopping more, traveling, especially on cruises, camp fires

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown eyed girl, with ever changing hair.. usually some variation of brown or auburn with blond highlights.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A looong time.. but to simplify, from my highest, October 2009.

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 230-ish.. fluctuates, but not sticking below 230 just yet.

Goal Weight: 150-ish. I'm more focused on how I look and feel, than the number on the scale.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Consistency! I can kick some serious booty, but I can get derailed so easily.

Following any specific plan: Nothing specific, but trying to minimize animal protein and maximize fresh fruits and vegetables.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was severely traumatized by turning 25, and refuse to be gross when I should still be young and cute. I also finished a super strict diet cycle to kick start my loss and figure if I can be that strict for 30+ days, I can do anything reasonable for extended periods.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope I can offer as much support as I've been given so far.
  • First name: Frances

Geographical location: west texas

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: see pets below

Pets: 5 cats (bb 3 yrs, merlin 2 yrs, orion 2 yrs, zeus 1 yr, 10 months and helia 3 months), one dog (kronos 1 yr 10 months)

Hobbies/Interests: banned books, cooking, baking, history, tv (limited to history, discovery, animal planet and nat geo, house and ncis nowadays..i no longer watch food network, makes me hungry), camping, swimming, board games, trivia, crafts

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: not sure for 3fc, but officially it was april 1, 2010

Starting Weight: 240 lbs

Present Weight: 218 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sleeping at the same time my husband sleeps so we both can work out at the same time..i like company, especially if it's with my best friend i am not a fan of daylight, but he works 8-5 monday thru friday and i know i can't sleep all day..

Following any specific plan: not eating meat, consuming more plant proteins, daily multivitamin and supplements for my vitiligo, will start insanity 60 day workout on monday, aug 9 2010

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i went cold turkey from eating meat to not eating meat (if the euphemism fits..hah!), fresher juice, produce and more grains and fiber, very minimal consumption of processed foods or animal products..i try to make a lot of things from scratch (breads, desserts and sweets included) and i make sure that none of what i make contains any trace of animal by product

Anything else you would like to share with us: i am feeding my husband what i eat, and he loves it! i cannot give up regular beer..i am not an alcoholic..can't stand light beer..just doesn't taste the same..i can live without the mixed drinks and liquor (not really a big fan of either), but not beer..