MARITAL STATUS: Married

Children/ages: None

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 201.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 (size 12)-days of longing to be model skinny are OVER

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Silver

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, etc.

PETS: 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern California

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak, cheese, eggs

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible-This year I am reading it from cover to cover, finally

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lars and the Real Girl, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

FAVORITE MUSIC: All kinds of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Definitely emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't count calories anymore. I can't diet anymore. I've done that since I was 13. I need and want a lifestyle change that the South Beach Diet can provide. I am so tired of being fat. It has to end. And lucky for me, I love all the foods South Beach offers us.
  • Basic facts
    Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Lauren

Age (or general age group): 29

Where you live: Westchester, NY, a suburb outside NYC

Where you grew up: Rockland, NY, another suburb outside NYC

Other places you’ve lived: Geneseo, Ny (outside Rochester, NY), Queens,NY

Do you have kids? How old? None

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I'm the oldest. My younger brother is 27

Languages, beside English, you speak: I do pretty well in Spanish and use it when teaching a lot

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Roommate

Current job or field of work / studies: Kindergarten teacher

Why did you choose South Beach? Healthy, non processed foods, quick weight loss in beginning for motivation to stay on diet

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Long term - Be healthy and not have a stroke when i'm older. Short term - wear a bikini this summer

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? By myself

Beyond the facts
    Favorite books: I like chick lit - The something borrowed/ something blue series, anything by Nicholas Sparks, the Twilight series, i'm into vampires lately.
    Favorite kinds of music / bands: Top 20 stuff, rock

Favorite movies: "The American President", "Remember the Titans", "Grease", anything teeny boppery like "Never Been Kissed"

Favorite saying / quote: I just want to walk thru my life unarmed.

Favorite holiday: Halloween

Hobbies: reading, cooking, shopping

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I love to be outside, hiking, swimming, boating, etc.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? suburban

The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii, Australia, France

Best thing that ever happened to you: meeting my great friends, finding a job I love with great colleagues

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: July 23rd

MARITAL STATUS: In a long distance relationship with a guy in Virginia

TOP WEIGHT:173

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 4"11"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Japanese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Exercise videos, cardio, strength training, at the moment almost done with Slim in 6

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing the weight, then not being as healthy as before, slacking off, and regaining it....getting sick and not exercising

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am committed to success!
  • Ready to start
    User name/name: JATX3/Julia

Birthday: August 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2004 to my best friend

Children/ages: Boy 16 weeks

TOP WEIGHT: 226

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: 165ish (we'll see when I get there)

HEIGHT: 5' 11"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde that is starting to darken

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, baking/cooking

PETS: Dog (mutt), 3 cats (I was ready to stop at 1) all rescues

OCCUPATION: RN, currently SAHM and attending classes to become librarian

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Cincinnati/N. KY

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Never met a cupcake I didn't like, any baked good with sugar, Italian food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yoga Booty Ballet

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hard to narrow down. Love Pride and Prejudice, most of Jodi Picoult's work

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Mel Brooks movies, Love Actually, The Princess Bride, I could go on for awhile

FAVORITE MUSIC: Just about anything besides most country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Getting motivated to start. I have done South Beach before and lost 50 pounds. Now I'm back to it to get off the baby weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know that I can do it. South Beach is great, just restrictive enough to keep me from straying too much but flexible enough to work. I also love the foods we can eat!
  • User name/name: kip

Birthday: Aug 17

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1999

Children/ages: Girl - 6 years old

TOP WEIGHT: 183

CURRENT WEIGHT: 177

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 - 150

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, Hiking, Biking, Reading, Cooking, Gardening, Decorating, Cars, Spending time with my family

PETS: 2 cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: KY

FAVORITE COLOR: Brown, Silver, Black

FAVORITE FOODS: Just about anything except black olives and mustard!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, hiking, bike riding, wii fit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Simple Abundance, Farm Chicks, really too many to list

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Office Space, too many to list here as well!

FAVORITE MUSIC: 90s, Alternative, rock, hip hop, country, pop

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on track

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm ready to do this! DH and I went on south beach in 2007, he lost about 50 pounds and I lost a little over 20. Stopped at Thanksgiving and never got back on. IN the past two years the weight has slowly crept back on and we are really tired of feeling run down all the time, not to mention the frustration of having no clothes that fit! This time is it! And while we may cheat for the holidays, we've both made the commitment to get back on it immediately after out "bad" day!
  • User name/name: 3KidsMom

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 16 years

Children: 3 Boys

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 155-160

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Decorating and Gardening

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NC

FAVORITE COLOR: Plum

FAVORITE FOODS: Seafood, Chinese food and pizza

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Twilight

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Loved It's Complicate, not sure I have a favorite though.

FAVORITE MUSIC: All kinds, mostly rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have not been able to lose all the weight after the 3rd child. I think that in combination with getting older, it's been difficult.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am finally looking at it as a lifestyle change instead of cringing every time I hear someone say it. I have high cholesterol, stomach problems, fatigue, etc. so I really need to lose this 25 pounds for my health. And it's going to be so nice to look good again!
  • User name/name:Sarah

Birthday: 3/23

MARITAL STATUS: Married 1yr in March

Children/ages: 0

TOP WEIGHT: 302

CURRENT WEIGHT: 284

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Dancing, Music, playing the piano

PETS: 0

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arizona

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, salsa and chips w/ guacamole

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Sloppy Firsts, Sookie Stackhouse series, Black Dagger Brotherhood series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink

FAVORITE MUSIC: I love all genres, but No Doubt is my absolute favorite

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I will diet and exercise and lose a good amount of weight, but then I always go back to my bad ways. And my husband is a skinny bean pole who eats junk food, its hard to be around him when I am dieting

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be happy and love myself. I can't ever remember a time when I was. And its all due to me being overweight. I don't live life, I just exist in it. I DO NOT take pictures EVER. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin and be carefree. I want to feel 27 not 65.
  • User name/name: Artic123

BIRTHDAY: March 8

MARITAL STATUS: unMarried

Children/ages: Ricky 47

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 138

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Brown or whichever wig I am wearing.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crochet, needlepoint, reading (big time) cooking plus entertaining and exercising

PETS: Kitties: Tallulah and Beauty

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey, United States

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue and teal

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: yoga, pilates and weight lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Good Earth, Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid Suns

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Working Girl

FAVORITE MUSIC: new age and classical

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Cannot maintain a steady good weight. Thyroid problems and bulemic

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be healthy in my old age.

~Sharon
    South Beach Newbie,
  • How to add your bio link to your signature
    1. Open 2 windows. (1) Beacher Bios (2) Your user CP panel > Edit Signature.

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Highlight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

5. Preview/and or Save.
  • USER NAME: RenRen / Rennie

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2001

CHILDREN: 2 boys, 6 and 3

TOP WEIGHT: 175

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, spending time with my family,

PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NY

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Ice Cream!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None, if I had to pick WiiFit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): This is an endless list

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Dumb comedies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Indie/Alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love to eat. Eating is celebrated in my family.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel sick when I’m not eating SB style. I wake up with a food hangover and I’m tired of the way it makes me feel.
  • Pleased to meet you
    USER NAME: Myrith

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced since 1998 - Yes!

CHILDREN: 2 grown sons

TOP WEIGHT: 237

CURRENT WEIGHT: 218

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies, Toastmasters, traveling

PETS: cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: AZ

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue, black or turquoise

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate -- darn it!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: People have favorites???

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to list but favorite genres: SciFi, Fantasy, Adventure

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): As long as it's not a gory slasher, I'm game

FAVORITE MUSIC: Classic rock, jazz, classical

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have arthritis in one of my ankles, making activity very difficult. I quit smoking 3 years ago, went into menopause and the more weight I gained, the harder it was on the ankle.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: For the first time since I was in my 20s and used Atkins, I've found a way to eat that I haven't gotten bored with and am actually losing weight. If I can lose enough, there's a chance I can get a joint replacement for the ankle. Woo Hoo!
  • It's time.
    USER NAME: Burbu

MARITAL STATUS: Happily cohabitating with boyfriend of 6 years

CHILDREN: None yet, but hopefully in a few years

TOP WEIGHT: 169

CURRENT WEIGHT: 162

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

EYE COLOR: Green

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, running, crocheting, tv junkie

PETS: Nope.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: MA

FAVORITE COLOR: Midnight blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Boneless buffalo wings with extra bleu cheese - sigh.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Right now none - grad school has temporarily taken all joy out of reading.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Love Actually, To Have and Have Not

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pretty much anything except heavy metal, rap and blue grass.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Time and consistency. I'm a full time grad student and work part time, so planning food and fitting in exercise is difficult. I usually start a plan, but then get lazy and stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I turned 30, and all those things that used to seem so far away are rapidly approaching. I want to feel proud of how I look when I get married, and be healthy when it's time to have kids in a few years. I can't keep putting it off anymore - I need to lose the weight now to have a healthier future.
  • User name/name: mizzmoe01/Monica or Moe for short

Birthday: May 2

MARITAL STATUS: Married

Children/ages: Kianna age 8, Damien age 2

TOP WEIGHT: 130

CURRENT WEIGHT: 126

GOAL WEIGHT: 110-115

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: family, cooking, reading, traveling, tv (hate to admit it but it's true)

PETS: Magnus our 130 lb dog, and Lou Kitty the currently missing cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California Central Coast

FAVORITE COLOR: hot pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian, Chinese... I love it all!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I hate exercising, does the WII count? I love that...

FAVORITE BOOK(S): right now the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but that will change next time I read a good book. Pride and Prejudice is my all time fav...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Dramas mostly...

FAVORITE MUSIC: I like it all... listen to country when the kids are in the car, rap by myself, rock with the hubby, classical while I clean...

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I never had weight issues until after my second child. I do not like going to the gym though... so that's hindering me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I never really dieted before. I have always been the skinny girl of my group of friends. In high school my metabolism was on hyper drive, and now it's gone and left me! I was under 100 lbs when I got pregnant with my first, and weighed 127 9 months pregnant. With my second I was about 115 lb when I got pregnant and 140 when I was 9 months pregnant. Weighing 130 lbs 2 years later doesn't seem like a lot, but when you've only been this heavy very pregnant, it's hard. You can literally see the spare tire sitting on my hips. I want to get healthy and teach my daughter how to live a healthy lifestyle so that way she will never allow herself to slowing creep up in weight.
  • User name/name: utmelody

Birthday: November 1

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2003

Children/ages: Little Boy - 2.5 years

TOP WEIGHT: 154

CURRENT WEIGHT: 127

GOAL WEIGHT: 120 (seem to be stuck at 125-127)

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

HAIR COLOR: Light Brown/Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, playing with my boy!

PETS: Dog (Polar White Lab)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi, Indian, Steak, Salads

FAVORITE EXERCISE: 24 Hour S.E.T Class

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I like historical fiction, mysteries, & chick lit

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): too many!

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pop punk, emo, rock, alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Had great success with South Beach this year, but have stalled. Having a hard time finding balance in Phase 2.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know that it is a way of LIFE and not just a short term solution. Also, I gave away all my larger clothes. haha
  • User name/name: sunnybella

Birthday: September 27

MARITAL STATUS: Single; never married

Children/ages: no kids

TOP WEIGHT: I remember once being 176

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-145

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Listening to live music, wine tasting, baking, movies, traveling

PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican food/ Soul food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Turbo Kick, intervals on the treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Their Eyes Were Watching God, sooo many more

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pretty in Pink, The Best Man, GoodFellas, I'm kinda all over the place with movies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except heavy metal

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I gained a bunch of weight after a stressful job once I finished college, I have never fully lost what I gained

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am committed to making a lifestyle change and want to be healthy, not just look good (but that is a perk!). I realize now before I have kids and a family is the perfect time to take control of my weight.
  • Basic facts
    Name (real first name if you feel comforable): Jerie

Age (or general age group): 64

Where you live: Arizona

Where you grew up: too numerous to count - navy brat, navy member, navy wife

Do you have kids? How old? Jim (43), Kevin (41); and 5 granddaughters (20,19,17,14,10)

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest with 1 younger brother

Languages, beside English, you speak: un poquito Espanol

Who do you live with: Alone

Current job or field of work: Retired (was Computer Operations Analyst for the State of AZ)

Why did you choose South Beach? It seemed like after the first 2 weeks, it could be a permanant way of life.

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? - Short term, to lose wt and get diabetes under control. Long term, to get off some of the 17 different meds I take and ease my body's aches and pains from dragging all the weight around for 50+ years.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? - by myself

Beyond the facts
    Favorite books: "To Kill a Mockingbird", mysteries, poetry, anything else with words on paper

Favorite kinds of music / bands: The Beatles (both as a band & individually); just about everthing else except obscene rap

Favorite movies: "Casablanca", all of Hitchcock's movies, historicals, & guilty pleasure - chick flicks.

Favorite saying / quote: See my sig; Never eat anything you can't lift (Miss Piggy)

Favorite holiday: Fourth of July

Hobbies: Needlework, garden, music, grandkids

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? - I don't do going to the bathroom in the rough, so I guess that would be no camping.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? - Suburban

The place you’d most like to visit: Scotland (my ancestry)

Best thing that ever happened to you: Kids & Grandkids

Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: When I'm alone, I dance.

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: November 7

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced a looooong time

TOP WEIGHT: 265

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: in the 130-140 range

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Gray

FAVORITE COLOR: Rainbows

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, potatoes (any way), salty crunchies

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None of it

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being physically unable to do most kinds of excercise; emotional eating;

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm going to die too soon if I don't lose weight & get my medical problems in control.