Lower Back Pain

• Hi!

My routine on the exercise front is going fairly well, but I'm having issues with pain in my lower back whever I do something that requires I put pressure on it (for example situps), or when I walk or jog/run.

Is this a common thing? Does it get better after a while?

I'm still only a newbie, so any advice will be greatly appreciated

Happy New Year!

Annie
  • Hi Annie to 3FC

I think lower back pain is common in beginnner exercisers but you should get it checked just in case it's something else.

Once you get the ok from you doc, you'll notice that as you get fitter and lose weight your back problem will lessen and maybe even disappearl...
  • Thank you - I might just have to work through it and see if it gets better
  • I find I have a harder time with my lower back when I slack off on my core strength. Don't get me wrong - I'm nowhere near strong in my core, but if I work on it diligently, I find my lower back hurts much less. Also I check my form when working out with weights or resistance, and my posture when at my desk or even just sitting on the sofa - when I slouch (which I do all the time), I have more pain.

I would say be cautious with lower back pain - I would also get checked out by the doctor if possible. But in the meantime, be very wary of pain - don't push through it or you may injure yourself and that wouldn't be good!
  • That's interesting - thank you!

I shall work hard on my core

Annie

http://299lbs.wordpress.com/