January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 26
Go to
  • Just want to say to all the newbies and to those returning. Everything is going well so far today. Been POP today and looking forward to a little exercise a bit later.
  • Okay sign me up my current weight is 196 and plan to lose 10lbs in the month of January.
  • January Weight Loss Challenge List
    If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know.

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
    Mikan: Reach 150's
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
    laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
    MelO: Lose 8 lbs
    Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
    DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
    LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
    Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
    JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
    Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
    sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
    PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
    tigga: Lose 10 lbs
    Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
    tyla: Lose 10 lbs to reach 135 lbs
    Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
    NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
    Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach then maintain 24% body fat
    jellofer2: Reach 228 lbs
    busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
    BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
    RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
    Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
    Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
    Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
    Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
    nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
    mystical: Lose 5 lbs
    bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
    trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
    princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
    MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
    shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
    jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
    kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
    MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
    canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror
    Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
    jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
    Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
    rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
    Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
    Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
    helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
    hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
    Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
    jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
    girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
    ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
    Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
    dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
  • Whew!! That list took forever to type up! Anyway, there it is...our goals as a reminder of what we're shooting for this month. I'll have to get to personals later because the list took up my 3FC time . You're all worth it, though! Here's to a successful month of good health to us all!
    I'm finding it tough to get back into full "healthy" mode since I'm making a bunch of changes and trying to overcome my desire to feed my cold. We'll see if I can't rid myself of this thing and hopefully it will help my efforts!
  • Hopefully I'm not too late to join this time around. Keeping with the past two months, I'd like to lose 10lbs. I was able to reach this goal in Nov & Dec, so even though my weight loss is slowing down, I'd like to try to keep this up.

SW: 175.2
    GW: 165.2
  • Good Morning Everybody!
    So far so good... lost 2lbs this month... 13lbs to go!
    I have my fiance's company trip to Vail, CO coming up the weekend of January 22nd and I'm trying to fit into this gorgeous dress I bought a size too small since it was an AMAZING deal and just stunning... I have about an 1-2inch gap in the back where it wont zip under my chest area... not sure how much weight I have to use to get it to zip up completely, but I really want to wear it at the big dinner event... I'm going to try like crazy to make it work!!!
  • I want to try to lose at least 5 pounds in January. Slow but steady. I don't want to set any unrealistic goals this time. I want to do what I can and be healthy and realistic.
  • Is it too late to join since the list was typed up?? Let me know! Thanks!!
  • The Holidays really killed me... sooooo... goal for January is to get back down to 260...
  • Hey Everyone!

Well, it's back to work for me today and as usual I'm scrambling to try to compensate for changes in student schedules and whatnot. I'm telling ya, the 2 weeks off must have been enough for people to actually see me again when I came back because so many people have commented on my weight loss today it's insane. It's like they didn't realized I'd changed at all before and now all of a sudden everyone is acting like I've dropped these 42 lbs over the last 2 weeks! I must admit the compliments are great though and exactly what I need to get myself motivated again and 100% back on plan, no more of this stupid snacking I've been doing which has slowed down my weight loss.

KimL Glad to see ya!

MsP Thanks so much for taking the time to type up the list. I reallllly appreciate it!
  • Just checking in to say that I've been working at it. I've been counting my cals, drinking my water and exercising.

Congrats on your weight losses, RockyMtnGirl and Shrinking Girl!

Thank you for typing up that long list of names and goals, Ms. Perception.

And good luck, everyone!
  • My January Weight Loss Goal is to reach 220.

SW: 234.8

GW: 220
  • Thanks Ms Perception for doing up the list I'm sure it takes forever going back and forth on the posts and typing. It is apprieciated.

Well here it is Monday morning and the start of my challange. I gave myself til normal work schedual came into play. I did only gain 1.6 from my lowest over the holidays so I can live with that so that means a 9lb loss for the month. I really need to up my water so that will jump start things. As well as the running up the stairs constantly to the bathroom to get rid of the water for my exercise...LOL

Have a great day everyone
  • Hi Girls

Happy New year all! I hope you had a safe and fun holiday period.

I am back and I am in! Goal for this month *again* is that allusive Onderland. 80 odd posts for this months challenge and it is only the 4th, crazy stuff.

1st day back to work after 11 days off and boy was it tough to get up this morning! And how f$%^& cold was it this morning geez ...

Anyways, I don't want to make any mention of how terrible my eating was over the holiday period so I am going to put that behind me and move forward. Doing a detox thing for the next 2 days (from LA weight loss days) just to kick start my weight loss after the holidays.

I am sitting at 205.5 this morning *yikes* so quite the jump but I am hoping by the end of the month it will all be gone. I am not going to be dissapointed with myself or moan about how hard it is to lose weight because this gain was totally my fault and I cannot say I regret putting on that 4lbs over the holidays because I truly had a fantastic time. So I am looking foward and will be working hard to reach my goal this month.

Have a happy and healthy OP day
  • First day exercising since before finals.. Harsh. But I made it through and am on the road back to routine. The puppy is on a regular napping pattern so it is easy to work around that for working out. Food should be good now, the rest of the holiday leftovers are gone and the fridge is stocked with fruits and veggies galore so I think I am back on track.