January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 14 of 26
Go to
  • SG - WOWWWW!!!! So close to goal!!!!!

Hotstuff - That's great!! 4.4 in only 11 days is amazing!

Welcome to all the new folks! It's never too late to join this thread, so come on in!

So, eating was OP yesterday. Like really OP, in fact, I was under by 150 cals. DH and I went and looked at the community center for a place to work out. It's VERY small. 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes, 2 treadmills, a squat machine, a nautilus type weight machine and some free weights. But for $150 for the whole year for the two of us, it's kind of a bargain. It has all the things I would probably use, it's just a matter of it not being too full and all the equipment taken up. The hours are OK, not great, but better than the 2 gyms here in town. So I'm going to bite the bullet tonight and go up there and join. DH wanted me to do it last night, but I wanted to think about it and make sure it's what I wanted to do. So that will be exciting for me to get back to cardio. I just need to get the battery replaced in the Polar my mom gave me and I'll be totally back on track.

My DH goes for his vas reversal in less than a month, so I'm feeling more pressure to get more of this weight off before then. We're going to start trying for a baby right away, so in theory if all goes well, we could be pg in March. It sounds stupid for me to be so worried about getting smaller just so I can go and get pg, but hey, that's the plan, lol. I'm really hoping to hit 145 before then.
  • I weighed in this morning guess Im in shock or denial or some thing. Cuz the scale said 162.2!!!!!!!!!!! Im serious I cant believe it. I weighed twice to make sure my eyes wasn't playing tricks on me. Will I wake up in the morning and find I was dreaming?? I will take it and run like a thief. BUT.......

Tummy~I think in the end the doctor will want me some where around 140. Im gearing up so I wont be surprised if I hear it. I go in Feb its getting closer all the time. Its almost mid Jan already!! Geez where is the time going so fast
  • Hi GIRLZZZZ! I have really missed all the Great, SuperFANTASTIC Ladies on this thread! I just got back from a Disney cruise, SO I am absolutely ready to sound my BATTLE CRY, EYEYEYEYEYEYYYY! It is time to get serious again. Since my last check in, I am almost back to where i started from this time last year.....so, my goals for weight loss in Jan is to lose my 10% and get down to 205#. Plain and simple, MS.P can you add me to your list- THANKYOU. BTW MS.P your numbers are looking goooood!!! Don't give up! You are so close to goal!
    Tummygirl- looking great girl!
    Delphi-hugs to you!!!! keep in touch! You have been such a huge support/inspiration to all the ladies on this thread, let us return the favor! We love you girl!

Sandye- I can't remember your screen name, but you know who I am talking to, come and play with us!

FULLSteamahead, are you out there?????? Come back, and lets get busy!!

OK, enough chit chat, I will head over to the exercise thread, and then to the NORDIC TRACK- oh so much fun!
  • January Weight Loss Challenge List
    If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know.

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
    Mikan: Reach 150's
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
    laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
    MelO: Lose 8 lbs
    Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
    DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
    LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
    Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
    JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
    Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
    sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
    PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
    tigga: Lose 10 lbs
    Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
    tyla: Lose 5 lbs to reach 140 lbs
    Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
    NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
    Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
    jellofer2: Reach 233 lbs
    busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
    BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
    RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
    Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
    Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
    Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
    Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
    nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
    mystical: Lose 5 lbs
    bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
    trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
    princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
    MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
    shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
    jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
    kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
    MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
    canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror
    Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
    jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
    Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
    rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
    Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
    Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
    helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
    hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
    Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
    jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
    girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
    ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
    Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
    dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
    LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
    tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
    KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
    VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
    Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
    christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
    BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
    LaurenA: Reach Onederland
    bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
    Nella: Lose 8 lbs
    ilunikavi: Reach 205 lbs
    Scatterheart: Lose 10.8 lbs
    Tiffrutherf: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239
    Lewisempire: Reach 205 lbs/10% Loss
  • Ok. so, eating POP no change, eating off plan no change. Working out 5-6 days per week, no change. more calories out than in and still no change.

239.8 today. What the heck. So I went and took it out on the treadmill and still am in a funk. Talked to the trainer and he says to be patient. I am tired of being patient. I have sat at this number +/- 3 pounds for 2 months already. I need to see some movement. He mentioned not eating enough and/or overtraining. But to just be patient.

So, I have done some research and am going to add Ocotea oil to my list of daily supplements. It has been shown to relieve stree and excess cortisol, trim belly fat, curb cravings, improve metabolism nad balance blood sugar.

Physical therapist thinks that I have lymphedema in the right leg. Which may explain the constant swelling. Her and I also feel that the knee is eventually going to have to be fixed. Great. Just what I wanted to hear today.

Great to see everyone doing so well.

Nella----I know just what you mean about losing weight to get pg. I am doing the same thing.

Ms P can you please change my goal to 233 for this month. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself.

Thanks to you all.

Jen
  • Lewisempire!!!!!!!-How the heck are ya, girl?! I've missed you!! I'm SO glad to have you back and it's great to see you're so ready to get back on track! I'm sure the cruise was great, but it's back to business. And don't you worry...I wouldn't even think of giving up!

Nella-Well, that's exciting! It does add some pressure to get the weight off when you know you could be pg in just a couple months. But, hey! Remember this is for life. I actually found pregnancy one of the easiest times to get my weight under control since the metabolism is up working on the precious baby inside.

DixieMae-Yay!!! You're doing great! And it's no dream.

dollypie-Halfway there already!! Keep it up!

SG-I hate to say it, but I told ya so! That loss is all yours. Hope you get some rest soon. I hate feeling exhausted!

BBB-Sounds like a very reasonable plan. Just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna try to coast the rest of the month! What kind of motivating thread would we be if we didn't urge people to keep doing their best!?

JazzyPeggy-You're headed in the right direction, so whatever you're doing must be working! Here's to more OP days ahead!

hotstuff-WOW! You're doing it! We'll be marking completed goals in no time.

mystical-Can't wait to hear about it. Happy shopping!

I lost a whopping .2 this morning, but heck, it's a loss, so I'm thrilled! I'm looking forward to continued good numbers since I'm OP and all that jazz. I got fantastic news on the house yesterday. It should be done by the end of NEXT WEEK!!!!!!
    YA HOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi Girls

Haven't been around much lately ... been super busy at work after the holidays. But you will be pleased to know that I have stayed OP and I am hoping *fingers crossed* to see another loss tomorrow when I weigh in.

I have increased my cals. to approx 1500 a day and I think that is helping, trying to see more of a consistent loss every month so I can finally reach Onderland.

Congrats to those who have lost and stayed OP and hello to all those new people

Have a happy, healthy and OP day!
  • I just realized I hadn't checked in yesterday, ah! Not good, I came and read things and I guess I forgot to say hello. I also only shaved one leg yesterday so I don't know what's wrong with my poor brain.

First of all welcome back Lewis! So nice to see you back and your super awesome personality has been missed. I hope that cruise was fantastic, they look amazing.

Jessicado big hi to you too!

MsP - I hear ya on the running, the main thing I noticed being away is that even though it was a recovery week and I wasn't supposed to life weights the bloat really made me lose definition in my arms Running sure makes me feel so much better about stuff. Even though this silly body thinks it's maintaining right now too.

Dixiemae - I guess that does make sense, I liked 140, it's pretty hot, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it there And hopefully all your numbers will be the image of perfection at that point too and your doctor will be delighted as you.

Nella - Hip bones was a huge one for me, I pet them everyday and smile. No giggly bits on your legs, girl I try not to be jealous of anyone but that makes me want your legs. At 133lbs, I have giggly bits and I think I always will. I'm also willing to trade stretch marks, saggy skin and a c section scar if you're up for it?

Super busy today again, wow add some classes into my life and everything gets all crazy. It will likely take me a week or so to figure out my new schedule and such.

Huge NSV yesterday, more of a fitness victory really, I ran 13.1 miles, that's a half marathon and I'm not sore today which is even crazier. It was challenging for sure but it wasn't terrible. It was a fantastic reminder that the hardest things in life sure are the most rewarding and my life before was the opposite of challenging, it was complacency, status quo, do today what you did yesterday kind of thing with a dash of sit on the couch and watch the world go by. And I don't know that I was terribly proud of anything I accomplished in the last few years. It's nice to not be that person anymore. Someone asked me yesterday if it wasn't hard to run that far and my answer was, of course it's hard but what would be the point in doing it otherwise?

Have a wonderful day ladies! And someone should come and remind us to drink our water, lol.
  • Hey ladies, just checking in. I'm not sleeping well. And for the most part I'm functioning, but it has definitely been difficult to sleep at night. I'm not eating either. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to move forward after this. You have this fierce battle between the illogical and the logical forging on in your head and neither seem willing to concede to the other. It's horribly draining. I just wanted to come in and check in with you ladies. Perhaps if I can get back to some routine that will help, but finding the energy to do so, is nearly impossible. Anyways, I'm sooooo f'in proud of you ladies, keep up the good work.
  • Quote: I also only shaved one leg yesterday so I don't know what's wrong with my poor brain.

OMG toooooo funny!
  • Delphi - Good to see you and hun, I'm so sorry. I wish there were more I could do for you. Hang in there, please. Remember he's in a better place... you'll see him again.
  • Tummy - I didn't say no jiggly bits, just no lumpy thighs, lol. My belly is a different beast...Crunches here I come! Congrats on the run!!! That is so awesome!

Ms. P - That is so great the house will be done! I know you are ready to get in there. Yes, this is a life change for me. I want to be healthy and fit for the rest of my life. I will be that lady who's about to pop out a baby, pedaling along on the exercise bike.

Lauren - Great job keeping OP! I know it's going to be a good number for you this week!

Jello - Girl, I know how ya feel. I had to give up for a few weeks and just forget about it. I was bouncing between 165-168 for over a month. Ugh. The trainer is right though, it'll happen. I think sometimes when we want something so bad, our bodies fight us on it. We'll both be pg before you know it!

Delphi - It will take time to be back to functional again, but it is a good idea to get back into a routine. It'll help you and the others not dwell on the negative. You were blessed to have someone so special in your life, and now he is looking over you. Many *hugs* to you.
  • Hi everyone! Happy to report that I'm doing great these days after a major set back. Got on the treadmill first thing this morning. I'm also up to 8 glasses of water so far. You guys are soooo motivating! I really needed this.

Tummy Girl, congrats on running 13.1 miles! Incredible.

Delphi, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Miss P, congrats on your weight loss! Getting that scale to move downward is really exciting.

Keep up the great work, everyone. I love all the inspiration.
  • I am down 3.5 lbs so far. I had a little bit of setback the first week of January but now I am back on track and going strong!!! Everyone is doing great!!!
  • Delphi-Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I am a thinker, so I can't imagine the mental battle going on right now and how tiring it must be. Please make sure to eat at least a little and take care of yourself the best you can.

I am now officially a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers. I held my goal weight there for 6 wks, so now I'm free as long as I don't go over my goal by more than 2 lbs. I resisted the urge to celebrate with food. I ate my crockpot White Chicken Chili for supper and stayed w/i my cals for today AGAIN, but the stupid scale still doesn't seem to want to budge. It's funny because it's almost a battle of the wills for me now. Like I MUST defeat the scale and not give in. (Here's where my stubborness comes in handy. LOL) We'll see what tomorrow holds. I'm not really frustrated or anything. I'm just a little surprised the holiday weight isn't completely gone yet. I guess it wouldn't be as big a deal, but the end of the month will hold some real challenges with travel and moving, so I was hoping the beginning would go smoothly. While my body fat goal may not happen, I know I can continue to make good progress in that direction. I have tried on (and own) comfortable 6's in a couple different brands, but I'd like to be a 6 pretty much across the board...so more work to be done there as well. So, don't you worry. I'm in it for the long haul and will continue working toward my goals. I've almost got this body where I want it, now I just gotta get back to my running in a couple weeks. I have a sneaking suspicion it will get me the rest of the way there!