Hit the 200 pound mark!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So after being up 3 or 4 pounds since Thanksgiving, I got back into kick butt mode and finally have lost what I gained and reached into new territory. I'm rounding up to say I've lost 200 pounds (technically, 199.6 but what is .4 pounds between friends?).

One NSV that I had was going clothes shopping and buying size 38 waist pants. At one time, I was wearing size 58s that I had to get from the fat guy catalog!

2010 is going to be a great year!

BTW, I wonder if there is some way we could all tally the total pounds that we all lose this year? Maybe we could all sign up on January 1st with our starting weight and then at the end up the year post again where we are at. I bet collectively, we could lose thousands of pounds!
  • What a fabulous idea! I think that would be really cool!

And congratulations! You've done such great things for yourself!

• Congratulations, Matt!!!! 200 pounds?! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration to us all!
  • You've done an amazing thing (more accurately, many amazing things, I am sure!). I want to know how you did it (are doing it) but your blog isn't current. Care to share?
  • WOOO!!! Congratulations!! What an awesome accomplishment!!

I think that sounds like a great idea.. it would be neat to see how much weight we all lost over 1 year together!
  • That is so awesome Matt!!

I think that's a great idea too
  • Quote: You've done an amazing thing (more accurately, many amazing things, I am sure!). I want to know how you did it (are doing it) but your blog isn't current. Care to share?
    Sorry, yeah, I'm not good with the blog. I should start posting again there.

If there is anything you'd like to know, just ask

One of the things that has been most helpful to me is sitting mini goals for myself and they aren't always scale related. I started off with doing charity walks and have walked marathon length+ walks this past year. Once I was able to be able to physically do that, I did the couch to 5K program and started running 5ks. The next step for me is going to be to run a 10K race in April.

I don't really follow a program or a strategy. I try to eat healthy and stay close to 2000 calories a day + exercise.

• wow! 200 is AMAZING, congratulations!
  • Holy Smokes! 200 pounds! Matt, you are doing so fan-friggin-tastic!!!! That deserves a veggie dance for sure!

Great idea about the tally. I'd even be interested to know how much we lost in 2009.
  • Congrats! That's a serious accomplishment
  • Congratufreakinglations! You are doing so so so awesome my friend!!!! And hotness? You haz it
  • WOW!!!! You are an amazing inspiration. Also, you are proof that there's no need for drastic/crazy diets. Healthy eating plus exercise...
  • Wow what an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • Wow! How incredibly inspiring!!

Congratulations!!
  • WTG Matt.. That is a great accomplishment