W.O.W Healthy Through the Holidays! NEW YEAR

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • New Years week is upon us. The Holidays are almost over. Its time we all pull ourselves together and recommit to a healthy lifestyle, and put ourselves above our food.

Week 1: 144
    Week 2: 141
    Week 3: 143
    Week 4: 140

Week 5: 143 Ewww
    Week 6: 139
    Week 7: 142
    Week 8: 141

Week 9: 143

So As my scale says I am up 4 pounds from my low, but overall I have maintained through this holiday season. Its now time for me to kick my own booty and start losing again. I would really like to be at my goal by the time I go to Disneyland in March. I am off this week, but I plan on using my time coming up with a good food plan and putting it on my fridge, one for me, one for DH.

I am heading to the gym now, so I will post more later.

W 100 oz
    E 2 mile run, 60 minute class
    E sticking to 1500 right now, I will lower it by friday.
    D I have a ton of things to catch up on, so I will work on all of that. Plan a weeks worth of healthy menus for DH and myself so we can start the New Year off Right.
  • Week 1 ~ 198.8
    Week 2 ~ 197.4
    Week 3 ~ 197.6
    Week 4 ~ 196.4
    Week 5 ~ ?
    Week 6 ~ ?
    Week 7 ~ What friggin week are we in?
    Week 8 ~ 197
    Week 9 ~ 197 - I think

Morning all! This week is a refocus week for me. Didn't work out yesterday like intended, but will get on it tonight.

Here's My WEEDfor the week:
    W- 64+ every day - 1st -no excuses
    E - TBL bootcamp DVD
    E - plan it and write it down!
    D - This is a 7 day restart to hit the ground running in 2010 - dont waste a day!

Jen - Disneyland came up 2x this weekend. Would have been there if the funds were available. Are you and hubby still doing your contest?

Hello to all you other girls... cant wait to kick 2010 in the butt with you! Lets do it!
  • Hi guys, obviously I have been missing for over a week. Being sick and getting ready for the holidays really sidetracked me but I am hoping to get back into the game this week.

I hope everyone survived the holiday. Of course my weight is definitely up as you can see but I am determined to start anew.

Week 1: 167
    Week 2: 160.5
    Week 3: 156.5
    Week 4: 156.5
    Week 5: 157.5
    Week 6: 153.5
    Week 7: 151.5
    Week 8: 152.5
    Week 9: 156.5

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
    E - 30 minutes of cardio
    E - 1200 - 1300 calories
    D - enjoy having my kids home for the holidays
  • Week 1- 181
    Week 2- 177.8
    Week 3- 178
    Week 4- 178.8
    Week 5- 181.2 See that crap???
    Week 6- 181.4 Not bad considering I was 183.6 a few days ago.
    Week 7- 179.2 Back down there again. Must go lower.
    Week 8- 177.8 Come on. Just a little lower please!!!
    Week 9- 177.6 Can't really complain about that.

Good morning girls. I see everyone is ready to move forward into the new year. I know i sure am. Hopefully this will be the year I meet my goal. I only have 30 pound left to lose. I can do this.

As you see I am still hanging out in the 177's. I am thrilled with that, since TOM will be arriving any moment. Last month I gained 6 pounds the few days before. Hopefully that is not happening this time. That puts me in good shape to get lower afterwards. I really want to see a new low by year end, even if it's only 176.8

Let's get busy girls.
  • Kris, yes DH and I are still doing our contest, but the trip in March doesn't count. I want to take the kids for their birthdays in June and October (but it will take a lot of extra saving to get those trips in. If I win, then we will by annual passes for the family in March)

Popcorn~are you feeling better? Christmas week is so hectic, I am hoping that I will back into a routine by the first of the year.

Mindy~ You did awsome over the holidays! I am so proud of you. You will get out of the 170's then you will probably breeze through to the lower 160's.

I got in my workout. 2.1 miles in 20 minutes then did my class as I promised myself. I have an eye appt today for Makenna and myself that I forgot about, so I am babysitting after the appt. (I was supposed to babysit from 10-530).
  • Morning all. Sounds like everyone is getting re-dedicated after the holidays.

Me too!

W 100
    E Already got Turbosculpt and W5D3 (20 minute run) done! Yay me!
    E OP - taking a cue from Jeni and putting me ahead of the food!!
    D One day at a time!

Mindy, great job in staying in the 170's
    Kris, refocusing with you!
  • Oh my, TOM and christmas colliding has meant a #5 gain for me. I am now #10 away from where I started 2 years ago. Gotta get everything back on track. This week is a write off so far!
  • TOM is starting today and I went up to 179.6. Hey, that't good though. I';m still under 180 and only up about 2 pounds. It WILL leave after TOM and I just know I can see that elusive 176.

Jeni- My kids would love to go to Universal in FL to the Harry Potter park. Wish we could afford to go. Even though they are 21 and 24, they would have a blast.

MM- Look at you go. Keep up the good work.

Grazer- You can do this. Just commit.
  • Morning ladies.

MM~Glad to see you are ready to recommit!

Grazer, I'm up too. We can drop the weight!

Mindy~Hey honey ! You sound really up beat and ready to start the new year off right!!

Mid Cycle munchies caught me off gaurd yesterday. But now I know why I was starving yesterday, I can plan better today.

W 100 oz
    E 45 cardio 20 weight
    E 1400 cals (I am going to plan this morning and stick to it!)
    D Stick to my plan
  • I need to vent ladies. The childcare room at the Y is great and I love the ladies who work there. One of them is great but is strict about runny noses. (it is their policy that if a child has a constant and excessive runny nose the chld needs to leave.) Tommy woke up with a bit of nasal congestion, no where near excessive or constantly running. 30 minutes into my workout she came in and told me Tommy needed to leave because he had a runny nose. OK it sucks but I will take him home. Here is my gripe. When I got into pick Tommy up her son was screaming his belly hurt (he is 2 so his scream was bad) she told him he was fine and to go play. Maybe he was fine, but that made me mad. My kid has to leave but hers can stay? I'm thinking about complaining at the office, but I have settled down a bit.

Anyway I did get in a 3 mile run, and came home and did weights and stuff so I got in all but 15 of cardio.
  • Jeni, I think, when you have taken some deep breaths, you may want to ask them to clarfiy their sick child policy. Either way, good for you for finishing at home and not letting it get in the way of your workout.

Mindy, hoping you see your 176 soon!!

Grazer, you and me chick, we can do this!!
  • MM~I calmed down a bunch. I am going to ask them later toniight.

I have a ton of work to do but I finally got my christmas tree down, and my vacuuming done.

WEED is right on track. So far. I hid the chocolate from my self. I have a plan for DH and for me ready. I want to get a weeks menu planned though before I go shopping.
  • Good Morning ladies. I hope everyone is doing well. I did really well until after dinner last night. I didn't have any protein with my dinner, so I got hungry and, I ate a ton.

Its going to take a while longer than I expected, but I will totally be back on track with my eating.

Since Tommy has a runny nose I m working out early today. Here I can say I have worked out going on my 4th day in a row. I didn't give myself a choice to sleep in.

W 100 oz
    E 20 cardio before class, 60 minute class, maybe weights after class
    E my goal is 1400 cals. I hit about 1800 yesterday. PLAN and STICK TO IT!
    D Menu and shopping list
  • Morning Jeni, great job on the working out and the food will come back into focus.

I have been exercising and eating clean and I am still up a bit. Must be my muscles getting used to working again!

W 100
    E Just finished W6D1, turbo jam in a bit
    E OP
    D Don't lose sight of the goal
  • Look at you girls, up all early and everything. TOM never really got started yesterday and I was up some more today. I went back over the dreaded 180, 191.2 actually. That's depressing, but I know why. I just want to end up lower when it's over. Hopefully it will get started today and i can head back down.

DId BL last chance workout last night. My friend gave it to me for Christmas. It is HIIT, one minute cardio, one min. strength for 20 min or so. It was a good arm workout. They are a little sore today.

Keep with it girls.
    Jeni- Good job on the working out.
    MM- You too!!!