Is your chest getting smaller with weight loss?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Mine isn't so far... yet. I've lost 40 lbs and my boobs are still the same, a D. I don't dislike small chests, I just don't think they'd ever look good on me. I'm also hoping my boobs don't sag either... maybe I'm asking for too much.
  • My boobs were the last place to lose weight, but finally lose it they did I went from a 36-C to a 34-D and now to about a 34-B or C
  • I went from a 44DD to a 36C when I lost 185 lbs the first time around, and needed a breast lift done due to excess skin. That was at age 20..if anyone was going to snap back, it would have been me, at that age. I'm sorry but I do think you are asking for too much. Based on your profile you are looking to lose a total of 125 lbs...there will likely be sagging due to how stretched your skin has been by the excess weight, and eventually you will lose weight from your chest, as that is also fatty tissue. I'm not saying you will need surgery and each person has a different level of skin elasticity, but try to be realistic and focus on the overall loss and improvement in health, not just the cosmetic aspect.

Just my opinions and personal experience. Everyone has a different result and different journey. That is why there are websites like this, where we can share our stories and opinions.
  • Mine are getting smaller...which doesn't bother me too much...except for the fact that I wish I could get to a point that my boobs stick out farther than my stomach!! lol They BOTH seem to be shrinking at the same rate!
  • my boobs shrunk considerably. Because I have always been on the heavier side, I have always had pretty decent sized boobs. At my highest, I was a good, hearty 36C. I am a 36B now, but I honestly think I am flirting with A... I have to get used to having smaller boobs now. It's probably my biggest complaint about weight loss.
  • Mine have, though not too noticeably. Maybe like half a cup or so. I'm planning on the augmentation route though after I finish college sports so I figure it'll all be okay in the end.
  • At 220 I wore a 40D and now I'm a 38D or 36D. In high school when I was 160, I was either a 36C or a 36D depending on the bra. I think mine are just destined to be like this - my sister says I'm blessed - but that's just me...
  • My boobs were the last thing to go... I was pretty confident that I wasn't going to lose them, then they disappeared in just a few weeks... I augmented them.
  • Quote: I went from a 44DD to a 36C when I lost 185 lbs the first time around, and needed a breast lift done due to excess skin. That was at age 20..if anyone was going to snap back, it would have been me, at that age. I'm sorry but I do think you are asking for too much. Based on your profile you are looking to lose a total of 125 lbs...there will likely be sagging due to how stretched your skin has been by the excess weight, and eventually you will lose weight from your chest, as that is also fatty tissue. I'm not saying you will need surgery and each person has a different level of skin elasticity, but try to be realistic and focus on the overall loss and improvement in health, not just the cosmetic aspect.

Just my opinions and personal experience. Everyone has a different result and different journey. That is why there are websites like this, where we can share our stories and opinions.

What motivated me to lose weight was witnessing my mother's failing health. Her weight fluctuated from 130 lbs to 275 lbs during her adult life, and at age 50 she has a multitude of health problems now. She has diabetes and is developing kidney disease. She might need to use a dialysis machine if she doesn't lose weight ASAP and start to improve her diabetes. She also has depression, fibromyalgia, arthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and she has had one minor heart attack in the past. Having a mother with weight problems, I was raised a chubby child, but I wasn't obese until I started taking medication that made me gain 90-100 lbs. It was the most demoralizing thing I ever went through, gaining that much weight. So I am actually quite realistic and not focusing on cosmetic aspects.

I used to be scared about losing weight, because I was afraid I'd have a ton of saggy skin. I wasn't focusing on my health at that time. I've lost 40 lbs so far and I don't have any sagging skin and no signs of it. I think if I get sagging skin anywhere it might be my boobs and maybe my upper arms. I know I can't spot reduce but so far I'm losing weight in all the right places. I have 85 more lbs to lose, but I'm not set on a particular number, 150 just seems like it would be optimal for my height and frame.
  • I never had a large chest- at my highest weight I was a 38 full C. I am now a 34 B.

They were later to go and when they went they were not pretty. However, it has been the one area that has recovered nicely. I've said before that my tummy is still saggy and I still have batwings, but I'm very happy with how my chest ended up
  • mine have gone down around 1 cup size. I'm a lot happier with them now ^_^
  • At 250, I was a 42DDD. I'm at 191 now, and I'm a 36DD. Now, I've done this weight loss thing before (this is my LAST time, dangit )...when I was about 19. I was around 190 and in a 36DD and got down to 135...and was a 34DD! I was like...WHY WON'T YOU GOOO AWAAAY?!? So I don't know if mine will get much smaller, but who knows. I think the moral of that story is that everyone is different and you just won't know what your body will do until it does it.

As for the sagging skin, the honest truth is that you may end up with that problem...fact of life. However, the one thing I know of that may at least help is strength training. Keep as toned as possible and take it one day at a time.

Congrats on the fantastic progress so far!
  • Mine have gotten a bit smaller. My DD bras are gaping, but the Ds are still a bit small. I'm really hoping I don't go any smaller than a C. They sag enough already!
  • Me. First place I lose and the last place I gain. I'm already back in my B cups from the very full C I was at. In the end I know I will be a small B.

Really, it depends on the person. I had an old weight-loss buddy who lost 100 pounds and her DD chest never went down, she was just a big-busted woman, naturally (as was every other woman in her family).
  • Mine havent gotten smaller but I have noticed a lot of hanging skin!!! I can literally pull the skin away from my boobs its disgusting. I may have lost some of the fatty tissue but I still have a very large chest. I started at around a 40-42DD and because I have gone smaller around Im now a 34F-FF. I really really hate my chest and I would really like to get some work done later once I reach my final weight. (if ever)