Hockey Fans Unite!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Any hockey fans on board? Post your ramblings here!

I'm a very happy Sabres fan (but a polite one...I understand some Sabres fans around the country can be rude...but not all of us are).

Babe: I understand why I'm not seeing you talking much about hockey. Lemme tell ya, I feel your pain, sister! But seeing Ovie shank his own knee must have cheered you up!
  • Sabres!!! Wooooooo!!! I work by the arena so I can't help but be pumped up at all times.
  • YEAH....HOCKEY FANS......LET'S GO BUFFALO :carrot ...anyone go see Portland Pirates game last month at the arena...good game
  • YEAH....HOCKEY FANS......LET'S GO BUFFALO :carrot
  • How can you love a sport where a guy can swing his hockey stick and cut his own goalies ear...sending him to the hospital for stitches...

brutal....un-civilized....

why didn't somebody tell me my ducks were in last place?
  • Gary: They're not in LAST place. They're 25th out of 30. Babenwaiting's Canes are in last place with the Toronto Maple Laffs coming in at 29.

I have so many things to be optimistic about with the Sabres. I'm officially over Briere (finally!), but learned my lesson with my favorites leaving and now have a Sabretooth jersey. They can't trade the mascot!!!

GO SABRES!!!
  • So it seems to me... the B-lo has carved out dominance on this thread!
  • Quote: YEAH....HOCKEY FANS......LET'S GO BUFFALO :carrot ...anyone go see Portland Pirates game last month at the arena...good game
    My Pirates are not having a very good season, but I love 'em anyway.
  • Bring on the Rump Rangers!!!
  • I am a huge montreal canadiens fan!! I lived in Canada my whole life (born there) then I had to move to Kentucky, then Tennessee, Then Alabama!! it seems like futher I go down the less they know about hockey!
  • Hey there Techwife ... I kept trying to stir up the hockey fans here until mid-October, then gave up as I was getting so few responses, and haven't been checking in lately. See ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ppening-3.html

Yes, this is a horrendous year for the 'Canes, but I can't really complain when I look at the history of many other teams. The team's had a lot of success in our short history here in Carolina, going to two Stanley Cup finals, winning one ... going to the ECF last year, e.g. So I have to accept the fact that this is a re-building period, that you can only do so much when most of your star players go down with serious injuries and are out weeks/months at a time. Losing Staal, Cam Ward and Erik Cole for so long devastated us ... plus all the other injuries. One thing ... I will never take winning for granted again!

But we'll come back next year ... And everybody will stop pitying us and HATE us again!

I was at the game where Ovechkin almost took out his own knee while trying to take out Gleason's! Served him right! One of these days, someone's going to make him pay big-time, I do believe!

Techie, I know you're excited about the Sabres' record this year. I've been thinking about you, kid!
  • Quote: .....

Techie, I know you're excited about the Sabres' record this year. I've been thinking about you, kid!
    WHOA there BABE! ~Let's hold up on those nice-e...NICE-EEES

this thread is for blood and guts only

My baseball thread is still doing quite NICE-LY....
  • Quote: WHOA there BABE! ~Let's hold up on those nice-e...NICE-EEES

this thread is for blood and guts only

My baseball thread is still doing quite NICE-LY....
    Hey there EZ ... glad to hear that you're as excited about hockey as ever! I swear I've tried not to like Techie, with her Sabres doing so well, and my guys doing so rotten, but it ain't happenin'!!! What kind of a REAL () hockey fan AM I/
  • Quote: .... What kind of a REAL () hockey fan AM I/
    Same as all hockey fans dear...a bit confused
  • Quote: Same as all hockey fans dear...a bit confused
    EZ, it's that frost on our brains, from sitting near the ice so much!