30 Somethings December Chat

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Happy Last Day of 2009 everyone!

I have an appointment today to have my SI joint injected with cortisone. It's the joint that holds your back and your hips together and it opens up when you are preggers. Anyway - I've been having trouble since our youngest was born and this is another thing to try...after physical therapy...chiropratic...waiting... I'm kind of scared. I hope it doesn't make it worse.

Hubs is home today to take me - my Mom is coming from out west to watch the kiddos. Also, she is bringing the Half Beef I purchased from a guy out there. Every year about this time we get some beef from a farmer who raises them without antibiotics. We have to spend a chunk up front, but it equals out to about $2/lb for everything from t-bone steaks to ground beef. With the price of beef, we have been eating Veg for a while.

Hope you all have a great day! And if you're the praying kind, could you add me and my injection to your list. I'm pretty apprehensive. Thanks!
  • MP: I will definitely be praying for you. I had my wrist injected with cortisone a few years ago. It didn't help me...I really hope it helps you though.

Good on you for ordering beef with no antibiotics! I think all the stuff they add to our food supply anymore is part of why it is so difficult to lose weight...they add stuff to make the animals bigger and then we eat it...hmmm....makes you wonder, huh? Everyone around me thinks I'm a fanatic about food additives...but hey, I'm looking out for my babies, so I'm OK with it...
  • Quote: Jenn - Your post reminds me of some things that my hubs has told me about his "past life". We didn't get married until he was 38. His family wanted him to be a priest and his friends though he might be gay! Ha!! He says he was lonely sometimes, but knew that God had a plan for him. He is also a bit shy and spent much time reading, building his computers, and gaming. I am soo blessed that he waited for me! I pray peace for you this season.

Thanks Andrea!: I often remind myself of exactly what you said about your husband that God had a plan for him. Everyday I remind myself that "God has a plan for me and will always put me where I need to be when I need to be there and not a second before" Somedays are harder because I do suffer from SAD and PMDD so the depression hits me hard, but I don't like anti-depressant meds so for me being aware of those times, reminding myself of that phrase and exercise(love those endorphins) are the best meds for me.

Good news ladies!! I got on the scale this morning to see the damage. For 2 weeks I haven't exercised and blew the diet on Xmas. BUT I only gained .2lbs!!! Tomorrow I get back on track with the diet. I also haven't heard a word at the temp job so I'm emailing the recruiters I've got on standby and letting them know it's time to move forward! I'm also going to start looking for a part time job for the weekends. I need extra $$ to pay for the car repairs I found out about Tues, new water pump and fan tensioner thingy= $350!! Pricey, but all ware and tear stuff so far. Heck I got 132,000 miles out of my original water pump!!! Not bad! So hopefully the second job will also help me get the rest of my down payment together for a new car when the time comes.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to You and Yours!!

I plan on hitting my goal this year! Only approx 27lbs to go!!
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The Bf and I started afresh yesterday and so far we are doing good. Even my BF was really thinking about his eating at the supermarket today. I was surprised at what he picked out, it was rather good.

I've made a whole new Food Journal in a lovely hard cover folder. I plan tho write all my food and exercise in there, but also collect nice recipes.

How was New Year's Eve? How have you started the new year?

Marjolein