New Sayonara to the 140's challenge

You're on Page 28 of 29
Go to
  • Ugh, I've been stuck in the 140's for forever it seems! I think I've got a mental block against going below it because I seem to self sabotage myself as soon as I get close to the 130's. On the bright side, I've got my motivation back, I just need to find the time to work out.

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • Hey everyone, it's been awile since I was here.
  • AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Going to join a gym in my new city tonight, because I am almost back up to 150 as of this morning.

I sicken myself.

That is all.
  • Hey ladies! For those of you who don't know or remember me, I'm Amber. I was a pretty active 3fc member for a while, but haven't been around for quite some time...probably 2-3 months. I haven't stopped losing weight during that time though! I finally broke out of the 150s a few weeks ago, and I've been hovering around 148-149 since. This is my first time posting in the 140s thread...so really I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! Good luck to all of you!
  • Hiiii! Congrats on breaking the 150 mark! I remember being plateaued JUST above 150 and it taking me seemingly FOREVER to get down into the 140s, so well done!

...and I refuse to get back up into the 150s....... weight loss ahoy.
  • Thank you!

And ohhhh boy, the 150s were a PAIN for me! If ya notice my sig--I hit 159 in December, was 154 by February, and it took me about 3 months to kick those last 4lbs to get out! I was ecstatic the day I stepped on the scale and saw 1-4-9! I even called my husband in the bathroom to witness it--first time I've EVER let him know my exact weight.

Just noticed we're the same height and have the same goal!
  • And we're at the same weight!

I just can't bring myself to move my weight back up to 149 when I was at 139 a mere 3 months ago...

GYM TONIGHT.
  • I refuse to let this thread fall to the second page. So I'm double-posting.

I went to the gym last night with one of my coworkers. Little did I know, she's a personal trainer, and her husband is an ex-body builder. :| My muscles are just achin' away!

I didn't weigh myself this morning, because I knew that... due to intense muscle rebuilding... I'd be retaining water anyhow. And I didn't want to see a false over 150 number. Because I'd cry.
  • It's like talking to myself in a very public fashion.

I stopped medicating myself with Tylenol last night... and my body is now feeling the true effects of my workout the day before yesterday. My muscles are ACHING. I did entirely chest workouts, but for some reason, even my ABS are hurting when I cough. How did I even work out my abs?? My arms are dying as well. *thumbs up*

The pain in my muscles leads me to believe that I'm still retaining water, but... it doesn't matter. Seeing the 150.4 on the scale this morning made my eyes well up a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that 150 is the END OF THE WORLD; I've been higher weights, and in my lifetime I'm sure I will be again. It's just so depressing to have worked so hard to drop from 150 to be solidly around 140... only to completely reverse that in a matter of mere months.

Gym again tonight. Watching what I eat today. So far: Shreddies (my boyfriend made fun of me for eating them out of a measuring cup) and grapes.
  • I'm here to join you, jelbb! I'm desperately trying to get out of e 140s
  • Wooooooo!
    Party time, we gots 2 people.

My coworker (slash unofficial trainer) who I've been going to the gym with just brought me half a toasted cranberry lemon muffin in a napkin. She was eating oatmeal and melba toast. I was like, "Are you insane? If you're gonna kick my *** at the gym, it's gonna be towards some kind of RESULT here." and I took the muffin around until I found someone in my office who would eat it.

When I got back, she said, "That was your test, Jess, and you passed."

El. Oh. El.
  • Oh man, I probably would have caved and had a bite. Congrats on passing your test, haha.

Lately ive been staying under calories, but it's like, worthless calories. I know it's bad for me, but at least I try to have them earlier in the day so my body has some time to burn them off.. My fh is in Hawaii with his fam and I really want to be thin when he comes back. He works out of town during the week so we have a bit of a ldr, and every time he sees me he says I look thinner even though I don't feel it.

But after a month and a half of working out religiously, I can see my inner thighs are slimmer and I have the outline of abs!
  • Ahhh, yeah. It's hard sometimes when you're being SO GOOD about calories to want to get those calories purely from super healthy, very nutritious places. Sometimes when you're facing 200 calories in the form of 10 almonds and an apple, versus 200 empty calories in a chocolate bar, your brain is just like, "200 calories is 200 calories, right!? " *nom nom on chocolate*

Oooh, having the DH away and coming home soon is great motivation. Being in a long-distance relationship, then having my boy move over here was great motivation for me to stay on track just before he came... now that he's HERE, however, the motivation is dropping, and his bad eating habits are infecting me!

And... KUDOS on the slimmer thighs, and the ab outlines! Never in my life have I had ab outlines, so that's super impressive to me! And yay for slimmer thighs! Well done, lady!

I bet you ARE looking more great every time he sees you... of course, it's harder to see it in oneself when we're always so critical of our own bodies, and when we're seeing them every single day.
  • i totally understand where you're coming from. i always tell fh that i love it when he's here but when he's here i eat more and its frustrating!
  • I didn't spend long in the 50s. I've been here for the last year

Despite it being rough, Jess, sounds like that trainer is an awesome riend to have right now!!!!