Alternachicks Weigh out there!

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Den, 114...holy moly Batman...isn't it pitiful that we think that we're fat when we're not.
    Hoping that my weigh in Monday will be a good one...
    and btw...I gave birth, DP adopted DD when DD was 10 months old so we're both legal parents and both on birth certificate...artificial insemination, anonymous donor...long story as to how we got there...will share someday in another thread

still 189,
    praying for 179,
    your Soozie
  • Soozie, I hope you didn't think I was prying, because I NEVER pry. You're just such a hoot to tease.
    That's so beautiful about your daughter... thank you for sharing.

I know it's all relative, but Trixie, I would KILL to weight 163!

Terri, you are so close! I'm so sorry... What can we do to jerk you away from the ice cream?

Den, you're friggin' puny! I don't ever remember weighing 114. I guess I was too young to be bothered weighing WAY back then. I just remember weighing 128 in grade 13 and all through college. I was running a couple of miles everyday, was in great shape, but I thought I was fat. huh!

REALLY RUTH!!! I am NOT interested in your sexual status!
    Listen honey... you're so close... you've got NO excuse for not getting below 200 by sept 15th. Butt KICK!!
    I'm so sorry about your friend's sister. I hope he's doing okay... he sounds like a lot of fun.
    xo
  • ellis - sad, but very true. because of the PCOS, i carry it pretty much all around my waist. but not for long!!!!

278/262 (damn those chips yesterday!!)/165
  • ellis - Don't ask me WHAT possessed me, but I bought two 1/2 gallons of Dryer's Light french silk yesterday (hey, it was on sale) and I dove into it and ya know what??? It wasn't quite as good as I remember... I think I might be "over" it! I also treated myself to the Norah Jones cd - very relaxing and calming.

Den and everyone - I weighed 114 once. When I was 12 years old I believe.....

Saturday we're celebrating Lammas - grilled stuffed salmon, roasted potato salad and rosemary bread with feta, hummus and some mixed olive and olive oil concoction. Gods save me.... none of my friends know what "lowfat", "healthy" or "I'm becoming a house because of your cooking" means. I know... no one is forcing the fork in my mouth... or are they??????

Terri
  • Okay! I am so not weighing myself until Satuday or Sunday Am...
    Darn this period stuff I supposedly have gained 2 lbs since Monday yet I have not been eating anything that bad
    So I refuse to look at the scale until at least Saturday

BTW Punkinseed, where did you say your friends live? I am going to the states and I'm up for a gourmet meal, maybe I will crash your Lammas feast, heh, heh, heh
  • 5'5"
    Highest Weight (not counting pregnancies, which I have no clue on weight then!)
    181 +
    afraid to weigh myself until I had dieted for 2 weeks)

Currently 140.8
    Goals 135 by Sept 15 (OK really the 7th, but I will go with the 15th to fit in!)
    125 By the Holidays
  • I actually got down to 94 pounds in college, which isn't as bad as it sounds because i am so shrimpy. I think I was kinda borderline anorexic though!! (Thought I was fat then too!!) Part of the reason i am NOT worrying now about getting all the weight off. Before I went on anti-deppressants i had a kind of all or nothing attitude, and when I got down to 130 between kids I ended up gaining it all back and more because.......WAIT FOR IT!!!.....I still thought I was fat!!! Now i feel like, HEY! If I can get to 150 or 140 and stay there it will be a **** of a lot healthier than being over 200 pounds at 4' 11"!!
  • Terri, that meal sounds incredible...Mauvais, can you pick me up on your way there.
    still holding at 189lbs
    still praying for 179lbs
    still aware that prayer alone will not get me there !!

and Ellis, of course I don't mind. Love sharing our stories. But, I suspect you wanted the intimate details on the conception...you know what was I wearing, what was DP wearing, what was the doctor wearing, the nurse, the lab tech that thawed the specimens..........did they serve wine...was there music........obviously, I love to tease you too!!!
  • Hello Ladies!

Den, it sounds like you have a much better attitude for it this time! You may not be 130, but your attitude is healthier, which may be just as good! 4'11" ? Heavens I am guessing that you know how to hem pants by know. (I am sorry if you are sensitive!) I am 5'5" & unless I buy petite pants they all need hemmed! I ship them to MIL though & she does it. I am 32, perhaps I could learn how to do it myself one of these years!

Soozie, OK FESS UP! Did you & Melissa get a 2 cups for the price of one deal when Crosby donated?

I managed to lose that .8 of a pound yesterday, so now it is an even 5 pounds to hit goal & meet the challenge!

How often is everyone posting the weights? Any rules here I need to follow?
  • HI!!

Terri-You may have more people than you counted on!! That sounds WONDERFUL! What are you going to stuff the salmon with? (Can you tell I'm a foody?)

Christina-i like being short, and make more jokes about it than anyone else, so no insult taken!! You'd think I would be good at hemming by now, but usually the hems just drag!! OR I wear leggings or something and they just bag.

How often ARE we posting weight? I had figured once a week, unless we wanted to share in between. Is Monday the officiall weigh-in day? I have NOT been doing well the last couple of days. Have to get serious. SOMEBODY KICK MY BUTT PLEASE!!!
  • I weighed in on Monday because I felt like it and that used to be my WW meeting night so I guess it was just through habit.
    Some people don't like weighing in on Monday because it is the first day of oops! I ate like a horse on the weekend and now I have to weigh in day, WAH (this happens to me a lot)

We can pick another day if we want - nothing is set in stone.

What is good for everyone else?
  • Mondays are good for me, that is when I log my weight in Diet Power, but I actually weigh every day, so it doesn't matter!

Den, Good to have a sense of humor about things that we can't change! I am average in height, but given the choice to either be short or tall, I would pick short any day! Maybe we can find an online hemming course to take together! My cousin is short as well, she loved when Capris came out...the perfect length for her...to wear as pants!
  • OK...I'm trying to keep up with all the different threads here...here's my story...I'm currently weighing in at about 257...will confirm that later after I buy the new scale I so desperately need...I'm 5'5"...I weighed 165 on my wedding day and swore I was the fattest bride on Earth...I would give my first-born child...(****, you can have 'em both!) to weigh that once again...

I have successfully (in the past) lost weight (40 lbs) on WW...my current dietary plan follows principles of WW, Fat Flush and Fit for Life...need to pick ONE plan (ANY ONE) and just follow it...yeah, that's what I think I'll do...I'll weigh in in Mondays, specifically because of the weekend wackiness...maybe that will keep me in line...we'll see.
  • Monday is fine by me too. I HATE it, but that is exactly why it is probably the best day to weigh!!!

CAPRIS!! AND I like knee length dresses as ankle length dresses!!!
  • Hello everyone!

Since I am leaving for my trip tomorrow and wont be back until August 13 , I am posting my weigh-in today.

I stepped on the scale, after breakfast and a Tim Hortons Double-Double coffee (Yes, I did say Double-Double ) and fully clothed, and I am currently at 154! Yay! I lost a pound this week despite PMS and 2 extremely stressful days at work!

I got my haircut today, very sexy, very sassy looking-at least that is what DH said when I got home from the haridressers Does lost hair contribute to lost poundage?

I will be back in 10 days with my post-holiday weigh-in.

Take care everyone!