Chinese Chicken Soup

• Chinese Chicken Vegetable Soup
    4-6 servings

Here's what we call Instant Chinese Chicken Soup. The only "work" is grating ginger and chopping garlic. The add-ins can all come from the salad bar at the grocery store when you're pressed for time, and Trader Joe's supplies the rest to keep at hand. I can throw it together in less than 10 minutes.

2 boxes low-sodium chicken broth, if I don't have homemade in the freezer
    A good amount grated fresh ginger--at least 2 teaspoons
    A few teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
    a shot of dry white wine
    several minced garlic cloves
    1 cup shredded carrots (salad bar)
    2 cups broccoli florets (salad bar)
    1/2 cup Red pepper strips (salad bar)
    1/2 cup pea pods or green peas (salad bar)
    1 cup fresh spinach (salad bar)
    1/2 bag TJ's chicken and vegetable dumplings (frozen aisle at TJ's)
    rice wine vinegar, chili sauce

Put everything in a pot except for the spinach and dumplings, and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add dumplings, and cook 2-3 minutes, until dumplings are cooked through. Add spinach, let wilt, add a few drops of chili sauce and vinegar to season to taste.
  • Very easy to make. Perfect for quick serving.
  • Really good, but I used Costco chicken potstickers instead of the dumplings. (No TJ here) I also added several drops of sesame oil just before serving.
    It put it over the top yummy!!
  • Hi,
    I saw your recipes so it's really good.so i like it. I have Chinese Chicken Soup recipe. the Ingredients and method of Chinese Chicken Soup recipe are given below:-

Ingredients

400g tinned sweetcorn
    1 chicken stock cube
    1 tbsp light soy sauce
    2 chicken breasts
    1 eggs
    2 tbsp cornflour
    water
    salt and pepper to taste
    sesame oil

Course: Soups
    Cuisine: Chinese
    Serves: 3
    Cooking-Time: 0hrs 15 mins

Method:-

First, grill your chicken breasts in a little sesame oil.
    Then, pour some water and a chicken stock cube into a saucepan, and bring to the boil.
    Add the sweetcorn to the pan and simmer for 10-15 mins.
    While you wait, whisk an egg in a bowl.
    When the chicken is cooked, finely shred it and add it to the soup.
    Then, add the egg: slowly pour it into the soup, stirring it gently with a fork. This will make it go nice and stringy.
    Finally, blend the cornflour with a little water and stir it into a paste. Then add it to the soup.
    Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.

(You can garnish it with sliced spring onions to make it look pretty if you want)

Tips:-

The recipe actually works better with 'cream style corn' rather than actual sweetcorn, but I've never managed to find it in a shop (in England). You can buy it online though.