Weight Loss Buddies V

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Simplerhythm- Wow!! A half marathon is huge! I do the same thing as far as stress eating. Any thing to give me a pass to eat. I think it has to be all or nothing. It is so hard to not say well just one of this today and two of this tomorrow. I am recommitting to myself tomorrow AM!!

Luvmy3- I did the same today! Thats what I had to do to stay on. Bad food out of the house. Good stuff in. What kind of plan are you on? What do you eat in a day?
  • Simple- Im amazed at your weight loss thus far and a half marathon, awesome! That is my goal, to be able to do HALF of the Disney Marathon here in Orlando Florida. I am far from getting there now but by next year, I should be in good shape. You know what you need to do to get to goal, look how successful you have been up to this point....common girly, maybe its time to switch it up. BTW- and you may be being redundent but Im lazy zatch up reader, lol...what is your program?

Luv- I have my occasional bad days but I try to offset them with some killer workouts. Do you have the liberty of doing that. Like AJ asked, what plan are you on?

AJ-OMG-I WOULD LOVE...LOVE....LOVE to go to Colorado. I have been dying to take a vaca there, Im like you totally easy going but if anyone was game for a Colorado trip, I would soooo be down to go, lol. How have you been doing with exercise lately? I love to here that you did a clean out of your cuboards. What is your hubby saying through this whole process? Is he a healthy eater, does he mind eating healthy?

Now, as for me. I got some much needed sleep yesterday. I decided to skip the run and gym and sleep till 730, omg..it was soooo nice. I plan on going on a 4 mile run tonight bc it is absolutely GORGEOUS here in the evenings. Its in the 70's with a nice breeze, although I need to get my butt out the door right when I get home bc of daylight savings time. Food wise, Im killing it! No sugar and feeling ok. I had a miled headache this morning but I think Im going through Pepsi withdrawal, just like I did last time when I stopped drinking soda. Its cool, just need to get over the hump. I am soooo pumped up again, I love it.
  • Ok Ladies, I need an intervention. Me, like Simple, have stres related eating issues. We have a huge training at work this week, which includes me organizing events, travel, etc for 30 country managers. So, I am totally stressed, tired, and my day started at 6:45 and will go until 6:00 tonight. That's less time with my family and a lot of pressure to get things done since the officers of our company will be attending the events. Halloween candy has been my food of choice. I was so tired this morning that I had to stop at Starbucks. Then, last night for dinner, I had buffalo chicken poppers with veggies. I have to start anew today. I've been doing so well, I don't want to fail now. I'm half way to my long term goal. HELP!! (Plus I think TOM is coming, I crave chocolate. I'm usually able to say no, but with the stress, I'm eating too many sweets.

AJ: love the Colorado idea! I've never been. It would be very cost effective and we'd be in charge of our own meals, etc. and I think we could share recipes and make different foods. I think that would be fun. I don't think I could do a cruise having a little one. And...I don't think your short and pudgy (I think that was the term you used), you are a cutie patootie!!

Ok, I'm at work with lots to do, I will try and comment on everyone else later. Just needed to get my frustration out!
  • Good Morning Everyone!

Alright...so the past is the past and today I'm planning on cracking down and setting up a plan and some goals for this challenge. Afterall it is my day off so I should be able to devote some serious time to the endeavor.

LUKCY: My "plan" is a combination of WW and counting calories with The Daily Plate. I also get a good amount of exercise between hiking, bike commuting and working out at the gym. This last year that I maintained I know the exercise was the only thing that really kept me from blowing up. Kind of ridiculous actually...

LUV: Glad to hear you are also cracking down and committing to this challenge! It is exciting to see so many motivated people in one place!

MADDIE'SMOM: Sorry to hear that your work situation is bananas right now... Just try to make the best choices you can and just don't throw the towel in because you've already messed up. You'll be back on the healthy living train in no time...and hopefully I'll be there to welcome you ;-)

Good Luck Today Everyone!
  • Don't have time to read entries, running late for work. I will catch up tonight when I get home. I am down 2 lbs. Woo Hoo!

Bye for now.
  • mygrits - 2lbs! Already? Wow - That calls for a happy dance: !!! Keep up the good work and you'll blow us all away in this new challenge!! And so glad to hear about your hubby's high blood pressure being gone. It's just more reinforcement that this is something we all need to do and that our bodies will thank us for it!

simple - love your Maya Angelou tag line. And let me join the chorus of oohs and aahs about your running achievements and goals!! You might be interested in checking out the november runners' thread in the exercise forum.

maddiesmom - We're here for you! You've been a weight loss rock star (and workout queen) and you will be again - a few off days won't undo ALL that incredible progress, that's for sure!! As long as you don't use them as an excuse to give up - which of course you're way too smart for!! Sounds like you need some simple solutions that are just as easy as junk food - can you stock up on lean cuisines (or similar) for dinner and keep a bunch of those progresso light soups in your desk for when you don't have time to pack a lunch or go out for something healthy? I bring a yogurt, fruit and carrots with me to work almost every day and that keeps me from snacking on the bad stuff. I think it's rocknrobin (or maybe one of the other longtime success stories around here) that often talks about the importance of the COMMITMENT - there's a lot to this weight loss stuff that we don't do because it's fun or easy but because we're committed and there's no way you're going to let stress eating get in the way of your commitment, right? Do you need to do a fridge/pantry cleanout of candy and other temptations to make it easier? It's much harder for me to cheat when there's nothing around. Come back and tell us how the day is going if you get a sec.

lindy - I went to bed early last night and got oodles of sleep too - boy does that make a difference in your outlook and energy! Good luck with the pepsi withdrawal headaches - they go away after a few weeks in my experience. Looking forward to meeting up next week - if it's not too dark, maybe we could sneak in a walk before dinner.

luv - that's excellent about buying healthy food and the exercise program! Now, what are you eating and how much exercise are you getting today? Tell all!

neesy - can you let us know who you've received amazon gift cards (or paypal or whatever) from to make sure none got lost in the process?

Doing well so far this week with eating - I think green tea must surpress appetite or something. Anyone else noticed that? I had a couple of cups of green tea yesterday morning and wasn't hungry hardly at all for lunch which is so not normal for me. Am going to try it again today and see if it helps.

Hope your days are skinny ones!
  • Ok, first-

Neesy- I noticed that Aj was going to send money to your paypal account, since you had one and I do too, I sent your $10.00 via paypal as well. CONGRATULATIONS again, hopefully you get something cute to wear or fun to exercisise with.

Maddiesmom- SNAP OUT OF IT GIRL!!! Go to the gym and work that frustration out! Bring some healthy snacks to munch on, what about the peanut butter sweet and salty bars, those are just like candy bars and oh so yummy. Or some strawberries dipped in fat free chocolate pudding. Where is Mr. Hot when you need him, lol? Dont sabotage what you've worked so hard to accomplish. Its so much easier to put it on than it is to take it off, we all know this.

Simple- sounds like you have a good plan in place. I did WW once before and was pretty successful, I just dont have the patience to count points these days, lol. So Ill stick with my calorie cycling.

Dance- yeah a walk sounds great. Hmmm...are you familiar with Orlando at all? There is this awesome lake called Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando, and there are tons of restaurants around there too, its about a 15 minute drive (off I-4) from the area you will be in. I can always come to you too, like we agreed, just throwing out some ideas. As far as the green tea, yuck...I cannot drink tea if my life depended on it, so unfortunately I have no comment on that, lol. What?! For once I have no comment?! Thats crazy! lol

Today is going well, Im really hungry today but holding up ok. I was so ready to give into a sushi day, but I have designated Friday's as my indulgent lunch day, any other day I will have to pass on. Time to buckle down. Sushi is not horrible but there are so many other better choices.
  • Lindy- Sounds great! Atleast that way its just flight and food. No accommodations... I am up for anything. I am only walking really. No real work outs. I need to focus on food right now. I can't get that straight and when I work out I say.... "well I worked out so I can fudge". Boooo. And my hubby is supper supportive but he won't eat anything green unless its pickles on a hamburger. lol. He tries to go out for food and he doesn't talk to me about it. He will eat what ev in the AM then eat out the rest of the day.

VICKY!!- INTERVENTION! No more. Yuck. Stop now why you are still ahead. can you take some pre cut veggies and snacks with you? I love love grapes while others are eating junk because it keeps my hands busy. I am the same way so letting myself eat but not junk is the only way I can handle it.
    AND I would love to get together in the mountains. So fun!

simple- I lost 30 lbs on weight watchers many years ago and kept it off for a long time. Its a great plan. Dance loves to run as well BTW!

Sandy- Have a great day at work!!

Dance- Green tea helps me at night when I crave starchy things!! I am never in the mood for it but after I drink it I feel great! Is a vacation to Summit County like a joke to you?? lol. I know for you that isn't getting away at all.

Today is the restart day. I can do this. I am very hungry and grumpy while in this phase so if I disappear, I did not fall off... I am just cranky and isolate myself =) Funny how food controls my moods.
  • Lindy - Lake Eola sounds great and I love the idea that you were left without a comment - too funny and definitely out of character!

aj - going up to the mountains is always great (you know how often we went hiking this summer!) - I'm sure it will be a blast!! I think I'll get some decaf green tea for nighttime drinking - I like your idea for fending off the munchies but the caffeine (little though it is) would probably keep me up. Best of luck with the restart - do you let yourself have any "free" foods - like, say, carrots or pickles or cucumber salad, that you can eat as much as you want of so you don't get too hungry? If you're having a hard time, come tell us about the cute clothes you're planning to wear when you meet goal and the other changes you think it will mean in your life!
  • Dance- Lol. My motivation for all of my weight loss... well now that my BP is down, is a single pair of true religion jeans that an old boss gave me for xmas and I have worn them twice maybe. That is my goal. I just want to look good in those!! I never have.

And I get hungry but more from boredom and because I am a starch addict. I can eat all I want. Any meat cooked anyway with no skin and not fried. I can eat any veggies that are green so I eat a lot of cucumbers, bell peppers, green beans and salad. I know this works. I lost 7 lbs that week and it isn't long term. Its just to tell the body that you are in loss mode. Its just hard because I love a good bowl of cereal or a piece of bread!! But I will fit into my jeans on new years so its worth it. And now that I know it works... Its not as hard as the first time I did it in July.

Any body else have a good/bad day?
  • Hello all! Busy day yet again.My one daughter is off school today due to Election Day.She's 11 and has an additude that I've had enough of for today.
    As far as my plan I have been trying to count calories.Just not too sure if I need more or less.I take in about 1400.Exercise is another story.I recently cut my hours at work.I work Thursday and Friday nights 5-10.Paying for childcare for my 2 year old was just too much so we decided I would work 2 evenings and stay home with him.I love being home with him but I have no motivation to move.I just want to stay in my comfy bed and sleep.I joined a gym back in June.My Aunt paid for a year membership for me to help me get healthy.Then my car broke down so i put a hold on the membership for now.I just got my car back but still have to take the hold off the gym.I love doing the Wii fit and have yet to even take The Biggest Loser game out of the package.I just need to figure out what has me in such a funk.I think once I get moving the weight would come off without having so much of a problem.

Sorry so long but thought I'd give you guys a little backround.So what program are you guys on?Any advice?I'm just sick of trying and failing.This time failing is not an option for me.I am 39 and don't want to be fat and unhealthy on my 40th Birthday which is in July.I don't have the best genes as far as health is so I need to do this so I can be there for my children.
    Thanks for listening.
  • luv - I've heard a lot of folks having success with Walk Away the Pounds (google for lots more info!) when they're getting back into exercising or are having a hard time getting motivated to do other workouts. If it's not too cold out, can you take your 2 year old for daily walks? Just 30 min - that's it. Once you start seeing the results on the scale, I'm sure there will be no stopping you!

aj - sounds like a great way to get things kick started again - I may have to do that too, but maybe the week of the 16th when I'm not traveling and hosting dinner parties. Do you skip fruit altogether? And allow eggs? Can't wait to see a picture of you in your TR jeans!
  • luv - forgot to answer one of your questions - my guess is your calories are on the low side for your ht/wt, which may be why you don't have tons of energy. I like the following calculator:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

ETA: Just plugged in your info on that link and it says you can lose weight on 2100cal/day for your ht/wt/age! So yeah, more calories may speed up your weight loss dramatically - your body is probably in starvation mode right now and is hanging on to every ounce.
  • luv- I am a multi personality dieter. I cahnge plans back and forth when I stop seeing progress. I am on a plan called slim4life and I calorie count. I am not an exerciser but I love to walk. It clears my head and makes me feel better. I also have started to like running because of Dance. I am still not a "runner" but it grows on you.

Dance- I only get one orange. 1/2 with breakfast and 1/2 with dinner. Its hard! Esp for me "the fruit queen." I am excited though because I am allowed to cook the meat how ever I want so I can have steak three times a day grilled/skillet/broiled... I am so over baked chicken. lol!!
  • aj - I'm thinking I should be able to run outside tomorrow and I'm shooting for my usual 4.4mi loop. Any interest in some friendly mileage matching? Making each other do it as virtual exercise buddies? (Walking/running/combo whatever)

Anyone else interested?