Weight Loss Buddies V

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • aj - can you pm along neesy's email to the rest of us that need to send her gift certificates? Thx!! I may switch to eggs in the morning instead of oatmeal to up my protein intake. I know oatmeal is supposed to be crazy healthy but maybe I'll go back to it once I'm off to a good start again.

neesy - congrats again and we're looking forward to seeing pix of you in the new exercise outfit (or whatever) you purchase!
  • AJ-going thru the 11th on the challenge works for me. I will be in Alabama until the 5th so that gives me a few days to get back into a routine at home.

Tiff-you will look great in your bridesmaid dress by the time it rolls around. I am going to AL in Dec. so I need to step it up and get my sister on board to help me while I am there. Always good to have some kind of motivator to help you along the way. I want to catch up to my sister, she is in the 160s or 150s, not sure which, but I cant wait to get there too. I am drowning myself in water too, almost 60 ounces down, gonna try to get 30 more in today.

mygrits-I am ready for this challenge too!!! Lets do it.

Lindy-thats a good bday incentive, to get to goal. You are gonna rock it with the free training, you lucked out there girl. How long have you been doing 30ds? I have been trying to stay around 1400 calories and if I drink 90 oz of water that is a little over 11 cups.

Dance-I did the same thing yesterday, it was a cheat day and now I am right bacn in this. Sometimes we just need it. I need to go get some fruits and veggies. Wish it was still farmers market weather.

Luv-we're excited to have you and see your results in this challenge, you can do it.

AJ-what plan are you on now, I need to do something to kick start my losses again. Can you send us all neesys email so we can get her gift cards to her, thanks.

Neesy-dont feel bad, you deserve it!!! We are all winners, you just get to buy some great stuff.

I was supposed to work today but at the last minute she decided to take the boys shopping with her, she is a brave woman taking those 2 out. So I stayed home, worked out, gonna make some dog treats in a while. I am gonna give Tae Bo a try tonight. I already did a Biggest Loser DVD, maybe I can keep up with tae bo, I have no rhythm.
  • Luvmy3- were excited to have you here. In case you cant tell, this is actually a forum of girls who have been together for about a year, give or take a few months, so its a pretty close nit, good group of girls. Im sure you will fit right in. PS- we do not keep anything a secret in here, we are very open, so feel free to jump in.

AJ- yeah, new guy, lol. I was going to take a break from dating but I figure -- hey, if a good one comes along, why pass it up, I could be missing out on something. That being said, Im talking to 3 guys right now but nothing serious or plans to be serious, just enjoying my time and all the attention, hee-hee. I have also been there with the ex gf, where you compare yourself to them, its just force of habit but there is obviously a reason on why they are the ex, lol.

Dance- I found egg whites to be more filling than Oatmeal, just my opinion. I like Oatmeal but it does not fill me up like everyone eles raves about. Egg whites and some turkey bacon definately get me there, along with some grapefruit, yum.

Neesy - GIRL, you know you deserve it good and well! Ill get your email from AJ, any ideas on what your gonna get?

EVERYONE:
    Im so glad to hear that other girls are just as pumped up about the cruise. Ideally I would like to do it around tax time so we can just pay it off and be done with it. What is everyone elses thoughts? Is anyone struggling financially where it would be beneficial to push it out further? IDK...just trying to get feedback. Is it agreed upon that a cruise is the way to go? Is everyone interested in a roomie situation or would you want your own cabin? Any plans to bring kids or hubbys? I myself would like to go solo, I can leave Gab with my mom but I dont know if everyone else has that luxury? Are we looking at a short 3-4 day cruise, 5 day cruise? Lets take a poll (copy and paste the response like we did with weigh ins):

Would you prefer a cruise or mountain cabin retreat in Tennessee?

Lucky: Cruise
    Mygrits:
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy:
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance:

Anyone else that is interested is welcome to add on, these are just the originals that had showed interest. And if your no longer interested, just say "no interest".

If cruise:

3 Day
    5 Day
    6-7 Day

Lucky: 5 day (Mexico would be fun)
    Mygrits:
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy:
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance:
  • Lindy - glad you're getting everyone organized. Unfortunately, I'm still thinking I won't have enough vacation time for a cruise as we have a couple of things booked already and my company's kind of stingy that way.

Mygrits:
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy:
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance: Can't this time

burgundy - I used to do a bunch of tae-bo (back when it was on vhs and I was much skinnier) and really liked it. Hope you do too! Thanks for the reminder - I may have to get some of his stuff on dvd.

Does anyone have zumba on dvd? I hear the classes are fun but the dvds aren't great. Would love to hear your thoughts if you have any.
  • I would probably go alone. I won't be working around that time (end of jan/feb) because we'll be moving and I'll be switching jobs so I'll be free to go anytime... I think for the cruise.. a roomie situation would be better as it is cheaper. The tennessee thing might be cheaper if anyone is in a financial bind. So.. I'm open for either really.

Would you prefer a cruise or mountain cabin retreat in Tennessee?

Mygrits:
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy: Cruise
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance:

Anyone else that is interested is welcome to add on, these are just the originals that had showed interest. And if your no longer interested, just say "no interest".

If cruise:

3 Day
    5 Day
    6-7 Day

Lucky: 5 day (Mexico would be fun)
    Mygrits:
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy: 5 day- anywhere!
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance:
  • Hi Chicks,

Wow, busy board today. I was only gone a few hours running errands and there are 3 pages of chat! It sounds like everyone is very pumped, which is so great!

Neesy, I am being different, and would appreciate you emailing me your mailing address. I found a cute card and decided to just mail the monies to you with a note. I hope you don't mind. If I mail tomorrow you should have in a couple of days. I am so proud of you!

Ok, I was all up for a trip, but now with the new job, I am not sure if I can swing it, especially a five day cruise. I am so sorry and hate to be a downer for you all. I could maybe swing a few days in Tennessee, since that is close, but please don't let me change your cruise plans.

Oh you all had asked about Bubba (husband) and how he was doing with his weightloss. Well, he is down a total of 32 pounds and hopefully still losing. He wants to get to 230, which is where he was when we met and is a good weight of him. So he has 50 to go.

OK, I walked today!!!! Woo Hoo! I haven't exercised since I started working two months ago because of my feet. This morning I basically said 'screw it' and went out the door. It felt sooooooooooooooooooo good. I work 10 hours tomorrow, but I am walking before work. Food has been good and calories are right on schedule. I am making a pack to not eat anything after 8pm - NOTHING.

My goal is to be 190 by 1/11/10, which will be 27 pounds total.

Oh, Burgund.............Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Would you prefer a cruise or mountain cabin retreat in Tennessee?

Mygrits: Can't do 5 day cruise. Could maybe do a few Tennessee days.
    AJ:
    Burgundy:
    Neesy: Cruise
    Tiff:
    Maddiesmom:
    Stacie:
    Dance:
  • Oh---I know that financially a trip wont work for everyone, so no one should feel bad at saying no, trust me, no biggie. I would love to do Tennessee just as much, so I am totally open, just preference wise, a cruise would be fun. Even if its 4-5 of us, it would still be a blast and I have no issues sharing a cabin with several people bc honestly, I am NEVER in the room, lol. I stroll in 2 am and am back out by 8-9 am, lol. Anyway, lets see what everyone else says.
  • mygrits - I'm so happy to hear about your hubby's progress - that's great news!! And on fitting in a walk! I know it must be super tiring standing all day but I think regular exercise gives you more energy in the long run. I'm looking forward to helping you celebrate 190 so you better keep showing up around here
  • Dance, thanks so much and yes, push me - big time! I am doing good so far, and today has been successful with food. It is after 8pm and I am NOT eating.......lol. I am very proud of Bubba, and pray it continues, because I know he will feel so much better and can eliminate his Sleep Apnea totally. His high blood pressure is already gone ;-)

Lindy, money wouldn't be an issue really, it is the time away from work - with it being a new job. Cruises are fairly reasonable in January-February as the cost starts to escalate around March and then with each month goes up higher until peek season in summer (I use to be a travel agent for cruises). I could probably do a 3 day cruise, but they tend to just go to the bahamas, which may not be as fun for everyone else. The plus is no one would need a passport. Anyway, I can do the next trip though ;-)

Neesy, thanks for the email, I will mail the card tomorrow!
  • Grits- I'd be up for a 3 day cruise or tennesee. The tennessee thing might work better for me too. I wouldn't have to get a plane ticket or passport and my husband wouldn't be jealous of the trip. haha. We'll figure it out. I'd love for everyone to be able to come.
  • Lindy- I would love to do a five but if it works better I would be very happy with a 3!! I have to dig up my passport =) I am flexible. Just to throw this out there... We own a 5 brm house in summit county colorado (In the mountains) and its on a lake with some fun things to do. But April is not great there so it would have to be summer. June is amazing there! Green and warm. Just another thought. But I want the cruise =)
  • Where did some of the new people go? maryshady, SimpleRhythm, PammyFl, alyssamichelle, luvmy3??

I had an okay day. Tomorrow is the big day for the restart so My house is de-foodified and I have lots of meat and veggies =) Water only. I had to empty the house or I would just cheat.

I am so excited. For a cruise... a new challenge. Oh, my goal... 135 by 11th of January. Think that is too much considering how slow the last few can be? I will be maintaining between 135-120 once I feel comfortable. I am a little short girl =) I know you are mostly tall ladies.

I am a short pudgy. lol. Good night girls! Hope today was great.
  • Greetings Everyone!

I'm still here AJ!!! I just apparently post slower than the rest of the crowd;-)

So today was a total bust for me...I know I just need to crack down and tell myself no...but when your in the habit of giving in it is so hard be your own bully! Part of it is that I'm a total stress eater and so when work gets crazy I use it as a license to eat whatever I want...this has to stop! Tomorrow it's going to be back to business...and if I don't post at least once I give you all full permission to hunt me down and pm me until I can't stand it anymore.

I think I also forgot to tell you that I'm going to be running a half-marathon at the end of this month... So as part of my training I'm going to be running10 miles tomorrow also... I'm going to do it!!! I promise!!! And I'll also try to post tomorrow to let you all know how it went.

One day at a time...right?

Reading your posts you all sound like a great group! I know we are all going to be successfull again this time around!
  • I'm here also.Just been a busy day.Trying to get myself back on track.I did some food shopping today so that I have all the food I need in the house.Also bought The Biggest Loser for Wii.I need to get myself moving.That seems to be my biggest downfall right now.I don't get up and get moving.Just happy to be a part of this challenge.I could really use the support of others right now.Thanks again for letting me join in!!