Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009

You're on Page 2 of 40
Go to
  • [QUOTE=torchlaker;2996925]What does your coach/doctor say? (I think your weight loss in really good tho....how long have you been on IP?)

QUOTE]

Thanks Torchlaker! I started doing IP at the end of September but had started low carb on my own about a week earlier. Prior to that I lost about 15 lbs on my own but just yo yo'd back and forth. I've lost about 13lbs in two weeks this time which I am thrilled with. In all honesty, my coach/doctor is worthless. They have a receptionist doing and the doctor is "around." She doesn't really have any ideas beyond what is printed on the materials which is frustrating. I go in at 8am before the rest of the staff is around or I would ask to see someone else. if i dont get a loss this week I do think I am going to ask for a little more guidance.
  • I started Friday and have had, surprisingly, no problems EXCEPT- no real way to put it delicately- constant diarrhea. I noted in some of the old threads people discussing having the opposite. Anybody have my problem? does it ease off after a while?
  • Echobaby: I had this problem in the firsts weeks - then it changed to the opposite! A good thing would be to keep writing what you eat and talk about it with you coach.

• Thanks, SylvieG
  • BTW, Sylvie, do you have to take anything for your opposite problem?
  • Quote: I started Friday and have had, surprisingly, no problems EXCEPT- no real way to put it delicately- constant diarrhea. I noted in some of the old threads people discussing having the opposite. Anybody have my problem? does it ease off after a while?
    I tend to be plugges a little but have had a couple random loose stools...my boyfriend however who has been eating the same dinner with me, but with rice or potatoes almost looks sick after eating lol...his body is in complete vegetable shock I think. Hes used to eating soemthing liek a huge plate of spaghetti and half a loaf of bread..of course hes skinny though.

I weighed in today, lost 6.6 lbs on my 2nd week. it feels like its been forever. I cheated on halloween, i was up way to late and got hungry. I had about 2 slices of cheese. The doctor said thats one of the best ways to cheat if necessary, so I stopped beating myself up for it

Made salmon for my boyfriends family last night and they LOVED it...salt, pepper, and dijon mustard on top. Stick it under the broiler til its light brown and kinda crusty... just like my mom always made
  • I will have to try that with the crepes, Harmonymom. Trying to flip that crepe in a tiny crepe pan was the pits! Have you ever tried WF pancake syrup? That is what I used instead of butter....I actually like the syrup. I drizzle it on my oatmeal, too! Sometimes on my puddings!!

Good info about the Phases. Seems such a long way off yet.
  • I just tried something new that I thought made a world of difference...I made the leek soup with zero fat no preservative chicken broth instead of water. Less than 1 gr. carb and 5 cals per cup. . With some garlic and onion powder and black pepper, the soup was actually sorta good. I also steamed my vegetables in it. WAY better. Any of you do this?
  • another wonderful discovery via my boyfriends mom that has been given the ok by my counselor.
    Perrier sparkling water or Pellegrino mixed with crystal light...1 packet for every 16 oz
    Not supposed to have it as your primary water source but totally ok...and wonderful
  • Quote: I will have to try that with the crepes, Harmonymom. Trying to flip that crepe in a tiny crepe pan was the pits! Have you ever tried WF pancake syrup? That is what I used instead of butter....I actually like the syrup. I drizzle it on my oatmeal, too! Sometimes on my puddings!!

Good info about the Phases. Seems such a long way off yet.
    One of the things I love about the crepes is that they are unsweetened. I'm not a Splenda fan, so it's nice to have something without it, that's also filling.
  • Just got my tracker signature...checking it out......
  • Quote: New Postee
    Hi my name is Marina. This is my first post. My husband and I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments & suggestions. I joined IP a week ago. At my first weigh in I lost 9.6lbs. I found it quite easy. There were a couple of days of hunger but I just drank more water or had a cup of tea to help me through that. The headaches have been an issue but today I broke up my 1/2 tsp of sea salt between my three meals and it seems to help.
    Halloween was a breeze, and even went to a pot luck at work and I stuck to program. The only food on program I haven't liked so far were the cereal, and the drinks with the odour to them.
    Looking forward to the support and suggestions from everyone
    Marina
    You may find like I did that the drinks are really good if you make sure to mix them with very cold water and drink them through a straw so you won't smell the odor.
  • wish I had a coach!
    I am 61 yrs young. Have been on IP for 11 days and lost 6 lbs. Since I am on IP to Go, I don't have a coach. So I weigh myself, measure myself and keep a diet record. I really appreciate what you all have to say, it is helping me. My daughter-in-law tried IP and couldn"t get past the smell. I can handle the drinks that have an odor,I just drink it quicky. The only thing that I can hardly eat is the banana pudding. uck! I love the chocolate drink and the cappuccino drink. I put the cappuccino in my coffee (I learned that here) I have a question. Has anyone noticed a difference in their sleeping habits since starting IP. I have trouble getting to sleep. I have my 3rd packet after dinner in the evening. Could this be the problem?
  • A little bummed today, week 4 weigh in only lost .2 pounds...but my measurments say I have lost over 15 inches in a month....so not all bad. Only 13 pounds though and I have been so faithful and am not even on the restricted foods yet.
    This might help some of you.....Try 'NOW' brand psyllium capsules for the constipation or diahrea problems. Mix the drinks in icy cold water and drink through a straw and the smell isn't noticable (as much)
  • Hi all, I am very new to this IP way of life. Today being my first day. I am used to eating an unhealthy snack in the evening so I think this will be my hardest time. Also, I am used to drinking Coke Zero in the afternoon - any suggestions on anything caffene realted that might help besides coffee. I have a book club meeting tomorrow night at a resaturant and kind of nervous about that. Part of me doesn't even want to go but I will eventually have to handle social things. Any suggestions to help get through those situations?