Snacks..

• I am in Phase I of the Extreme Fast Smash diet. I have done very well in just a matter of 5 days and haven't been all that strict, dropped 5 lbs. My actual 'real' start date is Monday and I intend to follow the program exactly. I am really starting to see where my problems with getting rid of the weight have been. I am the type of person to get up at 6 a.m. and not eat a thing until 10 a.m., then 2 p.m, then 5 p.m., and typically I'd eat too much at lunch and dinner. I am forcing myself to divide it all up into smaller meals and span it over the course of the day. Even eating when I'm not even hungry, because Ian says you are to eat.

Anyway, this is my question. In Phase I it gives you 2 snack times. Can you get those 100 cal snack packs at the grocery store, you know, crackers, shortbread cookies, whatever... whatever and have those?
  • Chubby
    Sorry no one has responded I'm not familiar with extreme FS but I think an apple or an orange would be healthier than those snacks filled with chemicals
    I hope someone responds soon that's on extreme FS

JJ
  • Snack
    Hey,
    I have done fat smash and am starting again Monday (we can be buds).
    Yeah, apples and fruit and all that are healthier options. But the plan doesn't say that you have to have those types of foods. I take the snakes as a time to indulge and I eat the 100 cal snacks that you can buy (twinkies, oreos, pudding).
    It's the only way I can stay on this diet.
    let me know how it is going
  • ok. i am certainly no expert, but i believe that those snack packs are a no-no. it isn't necessarily about the calories you are eating as it is about the types of foods that you are eating. i think that "they" (those damn experts on everything!) are wanting you to eat only whole foods.
    but again, i am no expert.
    good luck to you!!!
  • well, the extreme fat smash diet is not exactly a lifestyle change and is more of a calorie restriction diet for short term weight loss. That being said, aside from the heightened glycemic index some of the snack packs might have, 100 calories is 100 calories. If you look at the snacks listed in the "snacks" section, there are lots of un whole foods (nonfat ice cream, hershey kisses, choco chip cookies)
  • Quote: Hey,
    I have done fat smash and am starting again Monday (we can be buds).
    Yeah, apples and fruit and all that are healthier options. But the plan doesn't say that you have to have those types of foods. I take the snakes as a time to indulge and I eat the 100 cal snacks that you can buy (twinkies, oreos, pudding).
    It's the only way I can stay on this diet.
    let me know how it is going
    Thanks Dingo... I agree. I look forward to those snack packs and I'm doing really well. I broke the 200 mark and am 199 as of this morning.
  • Hello Chubby,

This is my second time doing the Extreme Fat Smash Diet and I usually choose from the snacks listed in the book, however, I do not think those 100 calorie snacks will hold you back, but if you are anything like me - I have to stay away because I just can't have one. I usually do the graham crackers, angel food cake, frozen yogurt, smoothies, and popcorn depending on my taste - if I have a taste for something sweet or salty. I also found those kellogs K2O protein drinks and the All Bran fiber drinks very helpful to substitute for snacks as well and still get my liquids in.
  • I started yesterday and the book gives you a list of snacks you can eat so I'm sticking to the list.