The Halloween candy is in the house...

• Probably the scariest thing about Halloween in our house is the candy. I had to stock up today, because living remotely, the store has a limited supply and it was getting to be slim pickings. So I got one bag of assorted candies. Now to just keep my greedy mits off of it till its gone. I wish I could give it away right now.
  • evreyone is diffrent but for me the idea of being off limits is very tempting to want something maybe you should have bought yourself some low calorie treat so you dont feel like your being void of the pleasure of halloween?

just an idea

some of the things you may want to keep in mind are
    sugar free popcicles
    low calorie fudgsicles
    yoplait 100 calorie thick and creamy
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
    kettle cooked popcorn ( its Slightly sweet )
    sugar free hard candies
    sugar free gum
    mints
    i belive a blow pop has around 80 calories depending on how active you are about eating it you could make it last a while !
    cadbury fruit and nut chocolate is about 250 calories for half the bar you could budget for that ...
    yogart covered raisens
    fat free gummy bears
    i <3 SUGAR FREE JELLY BELLIES !!!
    ( these are just some suggestions btw. i know im a bad speller .srry )
  • Good for you for taking so long to buy any! My kids always feel a little "left out" because we don't do the whole Halloween thing. So tonight I went and bought a bad of chocolate mix for them to chomp on this weekend.

Munkey - great suggestions. I'm like you - if I "can't have it" then I'll want it all the more. I need a substitute as well.
  • I'm not buying any this year. We'll be taking the kids out, so we won't be home much anyway. Some years I've given out fruit leather. A lot of parents were appreciative.
  • I bought ours yesterday. I love chocolate so I made a point not to buy any of those bags of little candy bars. I bought all "sucky candy" - dum dum pops, nerds and sweet tarts.

My kids are excited to go and I am glad it is on a weekend this year. I just wish daylights saving time was tonight so it would get dark earlier - the earlier we start the earlier we can get done.