I'm blah...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just blah.

Weight loss as a standstill.

Added in weight training, calorie cycling again, added more cardio. It's not the TYPES of things I'm eating either. It's been almost a month of bouncing between 221 and 222. Accounting for all licks, bites, tastes... (which have been... none.)

No hidden calories, no new foods no nothing.

It's a plateau. For real. My first one in a year... and coincidentally it started at almost EXACTLY my one year and 155 lbs lost mark. Very strange.

So I'm not really looking for advice... although if you have something earth shattering by all means try me... just want someone to pat me on the head and utter "poor little bunny" lol!

and yes I'm having a wee pity party.
  • sorry honey. This will pass. You have been doing great,and things will even back out and start moving again. Maybe your body just needs a little break. Getting ready for winter and all that.
  • *hugs* hang in there girlie! If you are doing everything you need to be doing then you can out last your body being stubborn
  • You've already accomplished so much! Congrats! Keep your head up, this plateau wont last. I read on another post that one woman finally lost after a plateau by taking a couple of days off from cardio, so Shannon in ATL might be right . Good luck!
  • I plateaued for awhile. I just recently broke through it.

Unfortunately, I contracted some flu/food poisoning-type illness. I'm sure there are easier ways to get through it! And you WILL get through it!
  • Poor bunny wunny! Keep the tape measure handy. The scales are fickle.
  • It'll pass before you know it even though it may seem like its taking forever now. Keep going strong! You're an inspiration! =)
  • Stay the Course! You are tougher than any plateau!
  • But didn't you just barely start the strength training? *Lots* of people don't lose for a week or a few weeks after starting strength training (but can tell the body is changing), but then the scale joins the party again. Hang in there, I know it's not fun
  • You are doing amazing... You will get through this in no time. Just stick with it... I know that's never what someone wants to hear. I myself have been bouncing up and down the same 5 pounds for a month now... WE CAN DO IT!
  • just hang in there. you have done soooo well. and remember with the strength training, people cannot usually tell what the number on the scale says, but they can tell when you have knock out arms, legs, and butt!
  • Oh boy. I am sorry you are going through this. I know, I just know that you are going to get past this. With a nice big woosh to boot.

Try to stay calm as stressing over it can be of no use. Try to think of it as practice for maintenance, when you're eating well, exercising, taking care of you, but the scale remains the same.

Would it be of any help to you to avoid the scale for a week? 10 days? Try to make a game of it?

I feel for you. This is going to pass. This is going to pass. THIS IS GOING TO PASS. Tell yourself this over and over again. Because it WILL. You'll hardly remember this when you DO hit your goal (& you will). It'll be a tiny forgettable blip on the screen.

I know in a very short time we're going to be celebrating you BUSTING this sucker.

Until then - hang tough, tough lady.
  • I still lost size on my plateaus...what's your tape measure say?
  • Do you think it might be time to drop the calorie level? Aren't you eating somewhere in the neighborhood of 1700-1800? Could it be time? (Just a thought)