SB Muffin - Question

• OK I know there's a similar recipe in the Ph2 recipe forum, and this one is Ph1-friendly (I think) because it calls for 3 T ground flax. Here it is, and then here's my question:

1 large egg
    1.5 t. Splenda
    1 t. cinnamon
    2 t. plain fat-free yogurt
    1/2 t. baking powder
    3 T. ground flax seeds

Spray a microwave safe ramekin or bowl with cooking spray.
    Mix th egg and splenda until well-combined. Add the yogurt and blend well.
    Mix in the ground flax seed, cinnamon, and baking powder until well combined.
    Pour in ramekin and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
    Serve hot.

Here's my question: Do you think it would be ok to pre-mix this (several servings, like batter) and store in the fridge? I don't have any silicone muffin cup thingies, and I LOVE this thing and want to make it every morning but not have to make the mess every morning.

What do you think?
  • I know Kierie precooks them so she might have an idea. I'd worry about the flax absorbing all the liquid and changing the texture (think oatmeal like) but I have no factual basis to think that. It's just a guess.
  • That's what I was worried about, the absorbingness. I don't want to break down and buy a silicone muffin thingy just for these, but I also don't want to have to go through all that every morning either.

Kierie????? Where aaaaaare youuuuuuu?
  • It would simplify to premix everything else and add your flax seeds daily.
  • Or try Pyrex ramekins (or Corningware) instead of silicone ones...I use mine all the time. You can get 'em at Wal*Mart for very cheap.

I don't think keeping the batter in the fridge would work, but why not double the recipe and try it?
  • Hey Just peekign in 3 hours of meetings today!
    I make a triple batch of the regular muffins
    3/4 cup flax
    3 eggs
    2 is tsp baking powder
    3 long sprays of cooking spray
    Spices/sweeteners to taste

I put them in the silicone muffin pans in a 6 cup size nuke 3 minutes
    Or if you have an 8X 8 Pyrex that works too just add another min for the cooking
    I made almond ones in the oven I'll check the oven time if you want to do that
    Kierie
  • I totally didn't even think of the 8x8 Pyrex! You are SO smart sister!!!! I think I'm going to try a savory one tonight and see how it tastes and then make an 8x8 for the week! You rock!
  • Kierie that's a great idea! I'm going to give it a try too. thanks!
  • a Pyrex Pie Plate works Too
    a yummy thing to put it savory is steak seasoning Parm cheese and some Spinach cooked nd drained