You've Got To Be Kidding Me Baseball Thread

You're on Page 11 of 19
Go to
  • Bill do you remember when Sandy Koufax and Don drysdale held out for the un-heard of $120,000 and $100,000 a year?
  • Some interesting moves today.
  • Quote: We agents are a little sensitive about money. Gotta ask you to divide 100 by 9 again ... this guy will get about $11,000 per inning, or $3,600 per out.

We're not talking plumber, or lawyer, or neuro-surgeon here, LOL.

..... Good Grief Charlie Brown... I knew I should have used a calculator... how embarrassing...
    that's why I need you Bill... lol... BTW I'll take the plumber...
  • Nice pick up of LACKEY NATION!
  • That was an interesting trade trio with Halliday. Fun stuff.
  • Quote: Nice pick up of LACKEY NATION!
    Yabba - Dabba - Do
  • So, I'm sitting here staring at left field with tears in my eyes and Theo "re-gifts" us Lackey from the Angels.

Think I'll just celebrate for a bit and assume no one hits toward the green monsta', LOL.

• Bill you got a decent outfielder in Mike Cameron today too...
  • I remain in denial...

BtW: What's a Boof Bonser ?
  • Quote: So, I'm sitting here staring at left field with tears in my eyes and Theo "re-gifts" us Lackey from the Angels.

Think I'll just celebrate for a bit and assume no one hits toward the green monsta', LOL.

Are you at Fenway ice skating Bill ??
  • So Nation people I'm hoping you can't afford Mr.Holliday?

Mind you I don't know if we can afford him either!!
  • Martinez Jersey for sale
    Quote: Bill you got a decent outfielder in Mike Cameron today too...
    Quote: BtW: What's a Boof Bonser ?
    Gotta give Theo credit, he's doing something. The mind boggles a bit.

Alas, Sweetcaroline has the right idea. Just go to Fenway for the FREE ice skating that is being provided to the public - really guys, it's happening. The owners of the Red Sox love us.

With all this trading each season, I wonder if the public is going to catch on and quite buying those expensive jerseys with the player's name on the back. I've still got a "Martinez" that's drifted to the bottom of my closet, LOL.
  • Quote: So Nation people I'm hoping you can't afford Mr.Holliday?

Mind you I don't know if we can afford him either!!
    Clydegirl, its like a human auction... I'm really not liking this stuff this year...

Bill... I'll never retire my Lowell jersey...
  • Hi all. I know nothing of what is going on in baseball. I will try to keep up better after Christmas is over. I just wanted to say hi to my baseball friends!
  • I'm getting tired hearing the name Holliday.

Make up your mind. Stay or move on.