No, you don't want to "lose" weight...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • .... you want to GET RID OF IT!

I mentioned to a lady in a shop the other day that I was "losing" weight and wanted to "lose" some more. She had a great insight. She told me that I shouldn't think of it as "losing" weight, because deep down in your mind if you tell yourself you have "lost" something, you will want to find it again! Amazing way to think!

So she says I should think that I am "getting rid of weight" and in my subconscious it will register as a permanent change. I just thought this was a brilliant revelation. The mind is a powerful thing, so just by shifting that one thought could make a big difference.

What do you guys think? A load of baloney or a genuine piece of wisdom?
  • I think it is wise because the words we select are significant and affect our perception. I am thinking of it as "shedding pounds".
  • I like it! I'm getting rid of unwanted junk!
  • *LOL* I do like that. Im going to start thinking of it like that.. Very Positive
  • I like it . Getting rid of the junk in the trunk !
  • Very good, getting rid of weight, never to return!!!!
  • I like it too I am now officially getting rid of weight. Thanks
  • That is so awesome!
  • Why cant I come up with witty stuff like that?! lol Thats great!

Good riddance fat!
  • Awesome perspective.. I'll really take this to heart, to be honest. I'm serious like that.

Thanks for sharing that, it really lifted my spirits after a long day.
  • Wow, what a lovely positive thought Thanks!

It shall be my new mantra!!!!!

Sarah
  • its so true... im gonna think of it as getting rid of old .. kinda like cleaning out my closet for new clothes lol yes this is the shopaholic in me thinking lol
  • I like it! Never finding that weight again!
  • I'm so glad you guys liked this thought! It really resonated with me. Every time I've tried to "lose" weight before now I've ended up finding it again!

But now I'm getting rid of it FOR GOOD. We all are!
  • WOW....LOVE THAT!!!! Thanks for sharing Aussie_Nikki. Also, I love your quote in your signature about choosing your "hard". I always say life is about turns and choices, when it's your turn choose wisely!!!

Take care!

B