For the days where running is so hard...

• Today was just one of those days where I didn't feel like running; my legs felt so heavy and impossible to pick up. I can think of lots of reasons why: I was sick for a couple weeks, the air was cold, I climbed a lot of stairs today, blah blah blah. What do you do when your body doesn't physically cooperate with you? I didn't run, but I did powerwalk and climb up and down the Metro stairs. Any advice? Even my super powered playlist didn't help!

Could it be I am running too much? I do 5 days a week for 30 min, switching between walking and running(C25K).
  • Somedays I run anyway if nothing hurts and I am just sluggish. Somedays I call it a day and try again tomorrow.
  • I'm like Ennay, some days I do it anyway and just go slow. Somedays I don't. Depends on the day I guess.

I personally can't run every day, it wears me out. I see other people who do it every day easily. It probably depends on you. Do you rest on the other two days each week?
  • Personally, I think it's 90% mental. If it's worth it to you to run, I'd push through it.
  • I've often head that the hardest part of running is putting on your shoes.

Perhaps you could alternate running with weight lifting to give those muscles a different kind of workout.