Ohh no! NO scale :)

• deleted
  • Good luck, Meryem!
  • Good luck meryem! I went thru half my weightloss journey without stepping on the scales. I knew that I would revert to my number-obsessed behaviour. I now use the tape to keep myself in check.
  • Good luck Meryem! I NEED a scale because I'm addicted and I admire people who don't use one daily. Go you!
  • Quote: Hey! My name is Meryem and I am 18 years old. I've recently started college and I dorm. I've already gained 5 lbs since starting (its been a month). Before I gain anymore I would like to lose! I am currently at 252 lbs and am NOT happy. Anyway getting to the point, I did not bring a scale with me to my dorm. I did this for two reasons. One because I would weigh myself every two seconds, getting upset if I didn't lose. And two because it would give me incentive to stay on track until the end of the week, when I can go home and finally see how much I lost! I already cannot wait until Friday because I KNOW I will lose this week and I'm excited to see how much Good luck all!
    Chickadee... you have completed the first step to your new future...
    You know yourself!!! Excellent self-awareness !!!

I know you can do this thing - you are not living in a trance, you are aware.

You know yourself, know you need to see victories, by not scaling every day
    You have a better chance to see the scale move..

- want to see the future? cast your vision on the mirror today, unknown
  • Congrats!! If you can get out of freshman year losing instead of gaining, you are doing great!!
  • I understand that fear of the freshman 15. I just lost mine (ok, freshman 20 in my case...) and its hard, even more so when living in a dorm situation.
    I think your scale idea is a good one if you can't make it home, does your school have a gym with a scale? You could always use that one...and hey, if you're there, might as well get a work out in
  • It's good that you're starting now. I'm still trying to lose my freshman 45...lol. I was 200 when I left for college, and 245 when I came back. I wish I had done then what you're doing now =/

Good luck to you!
  • Good luck, YOU CAN DO IT! I totally know what you mean about the scale, I got rid of mine because I was obsessing about a pound here or there, weighing every day and not understanding the results. I ended up losing 90lbs without a scale, so it can be done! I used my clothing to determine how much I had lost, I couldn't believe it when after the first few pounds my jeans didn't hurt me any more - I just thought digging into your stomach was a part of wearing jeans. Now I can fit both of my legs in one of those jeans legs!