bar food

• So I thought I would do good last night, went to a bar. I usually eat dinner around 11 and then go to bed by 1 or 2. Last night I ate dinner at 9 (before going to the bar at 10) and drank water while I was there but dinner was small and I was hungry by 12.

Normally I'd have been in bed 3 hours after eating so I wouldn't have realized I was hungry. Being vegetarian I though great, all I can get here is fries. but we checked out the menu and they had several veggie options. I ended up getting hummus and pita bread. which is also what i 'd had for lunch so even t hough I went a smidge over it wasn't much and it wasn't on fried greasy food! woot!
  • Good for you! Many people don't realize what options are available to them on bar menus. I work for a company that owns several bars and restaurants and our hummus is to die for! I limit bread, so I sub the bread for red pepper slices, broccoli, carrots, and celery. This ends up being a pretty satisfying lunch.

Even if I just need something to snack on when I'm not at one of my bars I will just order some celery and carrots (or whatever other veggies they have) and some dip.
  • oohhhhh, good ideas, thanks!
  • Way to go
  • Good job seeking out something that is not only good for you but that will also fit into your good eating plan!
  • Quote: oohhhhh, good ideas, thanks!
    Sure!

Dip or ranch dressing isn't exactly calorie friendly, but if I am careful about my "dips" it's not a bad way to go.