Weekly Chat--october 12-18

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Surprise! First time I've started the weekly chat in ages. Good morning, Chickies. I'm at DS's keeping the grands today. They're still asleep, so I have a little time here.

My plan for today is to enjoy the girls and stay op. Life is good. I hope you're all having a Magnificent Monday. I'll be back later.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I just had my blood work done and am waiting until it's time to go see Jenny. I think I had a gain this week. There's no reason for it either....darn it.

Then I come home and eat lunch and go for my hair appointment. Then I'll have to come home for a nap since I was up until 2:15 this morning. I couldn't sleep. I was fretting. Sadly, I'm good at that.
  • Good Morning Ladies

I had a bad night and couldn't sleep last night,after hearing Leo hacking away. Stayed in bed until 7:30. Got on the scale and I stayed the same,luckily after having such stressful week.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,Have a great time with your granddaughters.Spoke to one of mine on the phone yesterday,she told me all about her new pierced earrings and while my DD sent me a pix on the e-mail.She loves the color aqua and she had a matching outfit & nail polish to go with them.Oh to be young again.

VICKIE-Hope your blood work is fine and sending your [[[good vibes]]] for your W-I.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikahrae View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am more wondering if I eat enough sometimes too. I am more wondering exactly what a portion size should be ?
    if you are not measuring , how do you know ? Do you just eyeball and go with how your body feels ?
    WELCOME to the chat MILAHRAE I'm the one that uses the black plastic frozen entree trays. I have a large 3 section one for dinner and the small 2 section for lunch or supper. I found them helpful in keeping my portions small. Now I just have to figure out how many calories my body needs to lose and I will be in business.

Bring this post up to the new week
  • i gained .6. The JC counselor is kind of disgusted with me. She lowered my calories to 1500. I'll try.
  • Good Morning:

Thanks for starting us Sandra.

Today is Thanksgiving here, as I mentioned. I enjoyed my evening with my godson and his family but am happy to have today to myself. The friend I'm staying with made a big pot of chicken-veggie soup before she left for the weekend, and I am really enjoying that. It, and chicken, will be my T Day lunch.

I went to a special spinning class this morning: turkey burn it was called. It went for one hour instead of 45 minutes and I spun off over 800 calories. WOW!

Mikahrae. WW says that a serving size of meat is about the size of a deck of playing cards. Fill your plate and tummy with veggies. You might find it helpful to use a food scale to figure out what 4 ounces of something looks like. The hardest part for me is realizing that I'm full and stopping, and that is the trick, if there is one.

Have a great day, all...BBL,
    Rhonda
  • Vickie, that upsets me about your JC counselor. She shouldn't get upset. You're doing well. Stress alone causes people to gain--and you're under a great deal of stress right now. I hope you get a good report from your bloodwork. Let us know what you find out.

Maryann, congratulations on maintaining. That's as good as a loss any time.

Rhonda, enjoy your holiday.
  • Hi everyone -

I decided that I will try to put more focus on fruits and vegis .
    Im not sure if this is a good thing but my goal for the day would be 8-10 vs 5 servings total .
    I also decided that Im going to try to have starches in 3 of my 5-6 meals .
    I think this will help

My meals this week :

1= strawberries with egg whites and picante sauce
    2= about 2 cups of steamed veggies , grilled chix and teriyaki sauce 2 T (1 point)
    3= split pea soup
    4= fiber 1 with ff milk
    5= ?

ARE WE ALLOWED TO START A JOURNAL ON HERE ?
  • Hey chicks! I started the first of my "fall break projects" today. I sanded and prepped my dining room table top for paint. I bought it this summer at Pier One. It had been 400.00 but had damage on the top, and I got it for 100.00. I am painting the top black and leaving the legs stained. I also bought 8 black chairs to go with it, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it all set up. Tomorrow I plan to get my exterior doors ready to paint. I'm also hoping to make my bed room drapes this week, so I have a lot to do. I have been op today and was op all day yesterday. That is a miracle right now. I also started a tally of wpa's for the week. I'm hoping to be worthy of the wagon when it passes through Tennessee.

Sandra, I hope you enjoyed your "girls" today.

Rhonda, happy Turkey day!

Maryann, I hope you get some rest tonight. I'm praying for Leo.

Vickie, how can a JC counselor show any negativity toward a client? I don't think that's good business! I think you are doing great. Don't let a decrease in calories get you down. You just do what you know is best for you, and she can either be nice or be quiet!!!!

Mikah, your plan sounds good. It will be trial and error for a while.

I'm off to my Monday night Bible study, so I've got to get off here. I hope you chicks have a great evening!!
  • Micah, you go, girl. Sounds like a good plan for sure.

Sloan, I'm with you on the JC counselor. That's not right.

Enjoy your time off. Sounds like you're being productive.

I had fun with the girls today. Now I'm heading to the kitchen to make dinner. Life is good.
  • [QUOTE=sloanie;2967488]Hey chicks! I started the first of my "fall break projects" today. I sanded and prepped my dining room table top for paint. I bought it this summer at Pier One. It had been 400.00 but had damage on the top, and I got it for 100.00. I am painting the top black and leaving the legs stained. I also bought 8 black chairs to go with it, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it all set up. Tomorrow I plan to get my exterior doors ready to paint. I'm also hoping to make my bed room drapes this week, so I have a lot to do. I have been op today and was op all day yesterday. That is a miracle right now. I also started a tally of wpa's for the week. I'm hoping to be worthy of the wagon when it passes through Tennessee.

QUOTE]

I love that you are refinishing ! Thats a great bargain and I bet it will look very good !!!! Im not a good fixer-upper , but I might get better when I by my own house! Im saving for my down payment right now !

Do you redo alot of your own furniture ??
  • Vickie...the others are right, and I like Sloan's comment...she can be nice or be quiet.

Nobody needs her "bad mother" routine. Tell her we said so!

I should be asleep; I have to be up in the park in 5 hours?! I've been reading Three Cups of Tea...it is a "must read".

Rhonda
  • Thanks Chicks! You all are the best. I stuck to it yesterday but who knows. 200 calories down is a lot. I don't think that 1500 calories is enough for someone who weighs 272, but she is supposed to be the expert. I don't know if she is evaluated on whether or not people lose. I know she gets commission on the food sold.

If she keeps it up, I'll be back on WW sooner rather than later.

I'm going to try to walk today even though my hamstring is still a bit sore. Any website suggestions for gentle stretching exercises before walking on the treadmill. I can't do anything really heavy duty because of the hiatal hernia. I can't lift more than 15 pounds and am not supposed to be on the floor with situps or crunches or anything like that.

Talk to you all later.
  • Mornin' chicks! I must admit that I am a little sore from the sanding project yesterday. I've already done my stretches and have a plan for the day. I'll spend an hour de-cluttering the family room (it has turned into the "catch all" room) then I will have to break down and work on some school work This afternoon when DH gets home, I plan to work on the table again and possibly remove the paint from the exterior door trim. Boy, was my Bible study last night convicting. Trust, trust, trust !!!!! I'm not always good at that

Vickie, look at the stretch on this site. It has lots of very good info on all sorts of muscle issues http://www.somatics.com/hamstrings.htm. My DH has extremely tight hamstrings, and I was thinking he might have to use some kind of strap around his foot at first to help him reach. I think the directions say you can do the stretch in several different positions. I like this guy's philosophy of work opposing muscle groups at the same time. Let me know what you think. Also, you need to google some calorie calculators for weight loss. I looked at some, and I put in my stats with your weight (I'm 51 and 5'2"), and all of the calculators I looked at put the calorie needs for losing 2 pounds per week at over 2000 calories. I'm with you, I'm wondering if this chick gets compensated for her clients' weight loss.

Rhonda, my neice is reading the same book. I'm gonna check it out.

Mikah, I have refinished several pieces of furniture. It is not difficult but is time consuming. If you need some advice, let me know.

Sandra, I'm glad you had fun with your girls. Do they live very close to you and Curtis?

Maryann, I hope you and Leo are okay. You are usually on here pretty early. Is everything okay?

I've had an nsv. I've stayed on core for the last two days! It's been a long time since I have done that. Maybe I can do it again today! TTFN
  • Rhonda, I just reread "A MENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: WITH WINNING IN MIND." I've read it about half a dozen times. Every time I read it I come away refreshed.

Sloan, the grands live about 8 miles from us. We had a great time yesterday.

Vickie, 200 cal less is a lot. I'm thinking you know your body better than she does. Do what you need to do.

I gained about a pound this week and earned every ounce. I'm still 1 pound ahead in my 1 per week goal. Life is good.