What are your plans?

• Other than the usual things i.e. clothes, boyfriend, not embarassing your kids, etc., in your secret self what is that one thing that you look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight?

For myself, as I lose I'm going to add more exercise until I'm physically fit enough to make a trip. I want to go from west to east on the Trans-Mongolian Express and stop along the way. With a backpack. Wearing jeans. So, some people may laugh when this old woman sets out, but I don't care.
  • I really don't know if there's one secret thing I want to do, I have so many.
    I have always watched the London Marathon and thought that I'd love to do that myself one day rotfpml! The fact that I can't even jog means it's a LONG LONG shot, but I am gaining fitness each week at the gym, and with another couple of stones loss I'm hoping to try that jog, and then I'll take it from there. Maybe a short triathalon will end up being my goal but right now I'm just enjoying progressing with my fitness and finding out I can do more and more. Who knows where it will end?
  • buy smokin' lingerie and wear it for myself. also, learn the flamenco.
  • I feel that I feel more able/willing/motivated to sort my other problems now that the weight is taking care of itself. There are various other things which need sorted (career, some of my relationships) but I kept putting it on the back burner "because my weight is more important and should come first". I am now applying for jobs and considering changes re. relationships. It`s already happening, even though I`m not at gw yet.
  • I want to ride a horse again.
  • I don't know that there is one thing for me either! Just to be able to look down and see my feet without my gut in the way.
  • I'd like to compete in a triathalon, i'd like to take tennis lessons, get back into horseback riding and learn to salsa dance well. Not that I can't do those things now, but it will be that much easier to train when I am not so focused on the scale. My weight loss efforts are a hobby (an expesnive hobby!) within themselves these days
  • Take my daughters pony trecking My youngest is only 3 so hoping to get to goal long before I'm comfortable taking her (5-6 maybe?) but will give me a reason to maintain. Another 15lb loss and I will just about be light enough for pony trecking at the place I want to do it but it's a reward for getting to goal and maybe for maintaining for a while so won't be rushing to do it at the first oppotunity. (Actually another 22lb loss and I'll be back to the weight I was last time I went pony trecking )
  • Hard question for me..I have two small kids so if I go overseas or on a trip..they are usually with me..I want it that way too--BUT, for me I really cannot fulfill my innermost desire or reach that "peak" you are talking about unless I am alone..could be just me

Right now, the closest I get to that is when I am running with my IPOD on..the other time I feel it even stronger is when I am rock climbing--way up high..using every strength I can muster to stay on the rock..

If I was alone and single I would probably hit the road--even for some serious domestic road trip
  • Rollerblade. And find the love of my life.
  • I can't wait to take up figure skating again. I have untouched boots and blades in my closet that hubby and I bought after we got married, since my old ones were just slightly too small. I haven't done it since I was a teen and had to stop due to an ankle surgery, never picked it back up again, etc etc... but I will always remember how that made me feel and how much I loved it. So not this winter, but the next, I am looking forward to skating again (and being a bit annoyed at how much I will suck compared to what I last remember ).

I am also looking forward to cycling up a HUGE hill in this area to a place called Independence Mine. It is a super-steep, difficult vertical climb on a bike and I've never done anything like it, but for me that is like my pinnacle of personal change. When I have done that I know I've 'arrived', for lack of a better word.
  • Go to Australia with my mom and on the Europe city hopping trip with my cousin.

I learned that i love to travel, but i wouldn't feel comfortable going farther then America when I'm still this big.
  • There's one thing about being fat: you never take for granted all the beautiful things you can do in life. And when you can do them it's kind of like a baby taking it's first steps, with all the excitement and thrill of the first time. Pity the poor skinny people who never get to experience this!