A little vent...all the horrible, awkward, embarrassing things I hate

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Thank you all so much for your responses. I really didn't mean it to be a negative thing at all, and I'm sorry some felt depressed by it. I meant it to be, as Whip says, a way to realise that we're not alone - we all suffer these inconveniences and embarrassments. I thought maybe we could all laugh at the little oddities - in a way that's not self deprecating and embarrassed.

Remember - it sucks, but we're moving on up, moving on out. And we're not alone on the journey.
  • yeah i didnt find this thread depressing at all. it makes me feel better to know im not the only one who deals with these secret embarrassments and to be able to share them with a group of peers who know what im talking about.

i actually laughed a LOT reading these.
  • OK...I don't think I saw any mention of what I call "side meat" (I know, sounds gross!).

I HATE it that I can't seem to find a bra that fits on the sides, under the arms...KWIM? I can find the cup size all day, but the width of the band is what I'm talking about.

And who in the ~~~~ decided that EVERYONE can get away with an empire waist??? All I seem to see anymore in the shops are empire waists. Just call ALL of the attention to my spare tire, OK???

Sheesh!

ETA

Another thing about bras...why, oh why, in this universe or any other, does a DD bra exist with only slightly wider straps than a shoestring?????????????

A, B, or C cup, yes. maaaaaaaaybe even a D cup, but a DD????? If I wanted to slice my shoulders open, I'd use a ~~~~ knife!

S
  • Aw, I agree with all of these! I'm REALLY embarrassed about sweating. Especially because it has been so hot here. I always look so flustered when I'm out running errands. I feel really embarrassed when I go up to the cash register after shopping... and I'm sweating badly.
  • Count me in on the dark spots on the skin! And I HATE the droopy tummy. I am too young for a droopy tummy! It makes wearing cute underwear so tough.
  • Thanks, again for the responses....so good to know I'm not alone.

Thought of another - never being able to leave the house without a bra. I'm sitting here (watching the Leafs get hammered by the Penguins) and I need to run to the store - which means I have to put on a bra. I remember being slim and trim enough that I could get away without one just for the odd little things...I miss that.
  • Oh yeah - these are some great ones!!!

My most unfavorite ones is squeezing into an airplane seat - don't need the larger belt but to know my butt is in the next person's seat is never fun!

Eating in front of anyone - anywhere...even something healthy - people look and it's like - what the **** - just cause I'm fat doesn't mean I can't eat anything!!

Trying to find a button up shirt when you have big boobs...well for that matter - anything with buttons!!

Oh and the pants....oh and the pants!!!
  • Quote: I hate being bigger than my husband. I hate sitting next to him and my thighs spread all over the place. I hate that when we're standing he's taller than me but when we're sitting I'm taller than him because of all the extra padding on my bottom.
    OMG, I was just thinking about this the other day when we were at dinner....we had an added bonus of a mirror next to us. I kept glancing over and thinking why do I seem taller than him when Im a bit shorter than him in the first place?
    Suprise suprise....its my big butt cause it. I can relate with the thighs too.
    I just keep telling myself the fat will be gone soon...lol

Another thing for me is going to sixflags and them having to use this block for all the "large guests" to measure the gap between the lap bar and the car to make sure you actually fit in the seat enough. Or ya know...when they spend what seems to be 2 mins pushing your over the head thing down to squeeze you in there.
  • I have been wearing my husbands jeans that are too big for him because my jeans are too small for me! There I've said it. Thanks for giving me a space to tell my secret.
  • I agree with so many of these! Eating in the car, even if it is celery, seeing pictures of myself after thinking I look ok, trying to find something to wear to an event, and the biggest for me is actually wondering if I'm going to fit places lol, like at amusement parks and things like that!!! Trying to put the seatbelt on when I went to a carnival in town this summer was SOOO humiliating!!
  • looking like a mammaw in a swimsuit with a skirt.
  • Ooh, ooh! Bra shopping is a nightmare.
    I always need the extenders. lol
  • I hate when I put on a pair of jeans that fit fine at first but then I sit down, my thighs expand, and by the time I stand up they are loose and it looks like I have a saggy butt. I also HATE shopping. I always feel like im a small size and won't except that im a large or sometimes extra large. I wish I could buy cute clothes and feel comfortable. I always wear such frumpy clothes and im still young! I want to wear cute things and be fine when I look in the mirror.
  • Quote:
    hate when I put on a pair of jeans that fit fine at first but then I sit down, my thighs expand, and by the time I stand up they are loose and it looks like I have a saggy butt
    Totally!
  • Quote: Totally!

Ha! I remember when "stretch" jeans first came out and thinking that the lycra content would make them "snap back"...

NOT!!!