Hi, I'm New

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi,
    I hope it's ok for me to post here. Have been lurking for a couple of weeks and working up the courage to post.
    I'm a 36 year old SAHM from the UK and have been a yo-yo dieter for about 14 years I've done Slimming World (was even a consultant for a while), Weight Watchers, Rosemary Conley, starving myself etc. Have successfully lost weight lots of times, and sometimes lost lots of weight, all for it to go back on and more, because I didn't deal with the issues behind my eating.
    I have had a look through the UK forum but as I need to lose over 100lb I feel like this forum is the place for me as I feel like everyone here is in the same boat.
    Until last Christmas I worked full time but was made redundant, something which I thought at the time was the worst thing to happen. It turns out it was the best... My marriage I realise now was at that time very rocky, I was near to a nervous breakdown from stress at work and my home, marriage and daughter suffered. Since then my life changed totally as I've adjusted to life as a SAHM. Financially things have had to change massively, but in all honesty we are actually doing great, my marriage is stronger, my relationship with my DD(6) is so much better, and I'm finally taking the steps to start loving myself.
    On the 27th July I decided to again try to start eating better, no specific plan, just cutting out the junk. On the 28th July DH, DD and I went swimming at the local pool and I saw an offer for gym membership which was to run out on the 31st July. I don't know why I decided to go for it and join that day, but I did... Since then I've been to the gym on average 5 times a week, combining cardio work, swimming, aqua aerobics and eating better, and have so far lost 19.5lbs with my next weigh in tomorrow morning.
    My fitness has increased massively since I started and I am learning to push myself with each workout. I can see my shape changing before my eyes and am actually starting to not hate everything I see when I look in the mirror.
    I'm also learning how to deal with my depression in different ways, not binging whenever I feel down like I was doing every single day, but instead exercising and giving myself something to be proud of.
    Although I still have bad days where I could definitely eat healthier and I feel like my resolve is crumbling, overall I am so proud of what I've achieved so far. I really feel that this could be the time I finally overcome all my demons and lose the weight once and for all, and more importantly, keep it off.
    I'm hoping by becoming a part of this forum I can gain more motivation and try to help others do the same.

• Welcome, we are glad to have you here at the 100 pound club. I too like this club because it is a group of people who understand the issues of those of us who have 100+ pounds to lose.

It sounds like you have gotten off to a wonderful start. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing your posts!
  • Welcome Lovingme...

You've come to the right place. Everyone here is so supportive and it definitely helps to have so many people around who understand what we are going through.

I know what you mean about living with too much stress. I think it's easier to lose weight when you are in a generally happy place to start out with.
  • Welcome to the group and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Glad you're joining us! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Welcome to 3fat chicks it is a wonderful place here . We are glad to have you here.
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome!

I too am a stay at home mommmy, I can just imagine how horribly my life would crumble around me if I had to go out to work. Yes money sucks, but honestly my family is way more important than my bank account.

Sounds like you are off to a great start and I am sure you will do great things this time, because it sounds like you are on the right track mentally!
  • Welcome! I'm glad you found us here!
  • Welcome! This is a great place to get support, vent, celebrate and commiserate with others who know what it is like to have that much weight to lose.

So glad you are here!
  • Welcome! Congrats on the weight you've lost so far. This place is very friendly and helpful. I hope that we can all help you reach your goals.
  • Hi. I'm new here myself. Congratulations on getting a good start on changing your life. It's funny how what seems a disaster at first can turn out to be a good thing. It has been so helpful to me to have some place to go where all these women (and once in a while a man) are plugging away, day after day, being successful at losing weight and even maintaining that loss. I need to know others are going through the same thing I am and coming out on the other side successful. It's so inspiring.
  • Welcome welcome to our little home on the web!
  • Welcome! This is an awesome site. I know you will do great with your weightloss!
  • Welcome!