Just ONE you can only pick 1!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • LURKERS!!!! COMMENT! I know you have one!

What is that staple in your week that you couldn't keep dieting with out! Share it will me and I will put a list together. Recipes please.

Thanks for submitting and keepin' it HOT!!
  • PIZZA BAGELS!

preheat oven to 350
    spray cooking sheet with cooking oil
    layer mini-bagel with spaghetti sauce (stuff from the jar works!) and sprinkle with mozzerella cheese, and then sprinkle with basil and garlic!
    Put in oven for 15 minutes

MMM, 220 calories, sooo good and baked. I love it.
  • I avoid eating out, and this keeps me from going too crazy. I have to have my pasta each week!

Chicken Puttanesca

Ingredients

* 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    * 4 large boneless, skinless, thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets (4 ounces each)
    * Salt and black pepper
    * 6 garlic cloves, minced
    * 1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes, chopped
    * 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
    * 2 tablespoons capers, drained
    * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
    * 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Warm 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season cutlets with salt and pepper; add to hot pan and cook 2 minutes, until browned. Flip; cook 30 seconds. Transfer cutlets to a baking sheet; cover with foil and place in oven to keep warm.
    2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 10 seconds, stirring. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, until slightly thickened, stirring to break up tomatoes. Stir in lemon juice and basil.
    3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with tomato sauce; serve with cutlets.

Nutritional Information: 496 calories 13 g total fat (2 g sat) 74 mg cholesterol 57 g carbohydrate 38 g protein 11 g fiber 1,003 mg sodium
    Start to finish: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
  • Breakfast Burritos!

Since I started making ahead and freezing these I start off the day so well and on plan with something that really tastes good.

This will make six:

6 Mission Low Carb Tortillas (or whatever brand, just adjust the cals - these have 120 cals each)
    1 package of Egg beaters (the one with the three little individual containers)
    6 slices Oscar Meyer 98% fat free smoked ham
    3 2% american cheese slices

Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Fry up the egg beaters as you would scrambled eggs and let cool. Divide egg beaters into 6 portions. Put one slice ham on the tortilla, 1/2 slice cheese, one portion of egg beaters - fold up the bottom and roll it, baby. Store in zip lock bag in the freezer for when you want/need a quick breakfast!

To reheat: Wrap in paper towel and place in microwave for 1 min 30 secs on high. Let stand about a minute in microwave. Your mileage may vary on the micro time.

195 calories per burrito

Cool idea! Thanks for posting it
  • I love mexican food, this recipe is for 2, my DH and myself.

3 skinless chix breasts,
    1 each, red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers,
    1 small purple onion
    all sliced for fajitas
    packet of fajita seasoning.

Saute chicken in nonstick skillet with pam, toss in veggies and seasoning, when the chix is done, saute until all warm, serve with a side of ff refries and salsa, sometimes I add some lowfat cheddar.
  • I LOVE pizza. Here's a recipe I make at home. Will serve 2 generously. Can be made into a 10" thin crust or an 8" regular crust.

Pizza dough:

3/4 tsp active dry yeast
    1 tsp salt
    1.5 cups flour*
    1/2 cup warm water
    1 tbsp olive oil

1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.

2. Add oil and warm water. Mix until dough doesn't stick to fingers. Add a couple of tablespoons of flour if necessary.

3. Sprinkle flour on surface and knead dough for 2-3 minutes. Place in oiled bowl and cover with towel for 1-2 hours or until doubled in volume.

4. Press on surface of dough to release air. Knead on floured counter for 2-3 minutes. I usually add dried oregano or basil to the dough and work it in.

5. Shape into round ball and let rest for 20 minutes under a towel.

Pesto sauce

1 - 1.5 cups packed fresh basil leaves
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 big clove garlic (add/subtract according to taste)
    salt & pepper
    1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed with all water squeezed out
    1/2 cup chicken stock (low sodium)

1. Place basil leaves, garlic (roughly chopped), olive oil, salt, pepper and spinach in food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are roughly chopped.

2. While processor is running, drizzle in chicken stock until desired consistency.

To make pesto pizza: Roll out dough to desired thickness. Place on parchment sheet on baking tray. Spread pesto sauce on dough. Sprinkle with favorite toppings. Bake at 400 for 15 mins and broil for 5 for a soft, browned crust. Bake at 550 (highest temp in oven) for 8 minutes for thin crust pizza. Just a heads-up the parchment paper will burn at that high a temp, so I cut around the pizza to minimize the odor.

*Can substitute up to half the amount only with whole wheat flour

It's a long process, but it's very easy. The dough doesn't need to be watched while it rises. This can be made in advance and the dough frozen ahead of time.
  • Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad

found this one online somewhere and just LOVE it!

4 servings, 1 cup each
    * 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
    * 1 15-ounce can small white beans, use cannellini or great northern
    * 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
    * 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
    * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

253 calories/8g fat/20g carb/31 protein and 6 fiber per cup

its REALLY good.
  • Wow these are so great! Keep em coming every one! I am excited about the best of the best.
  • Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins
  • Couscous Salad:

Anything you'd normally put in salad: lettuce, tomato, red pepper, cucumber, etc.
    1 cup couscous (whole wheat better)
    1 oz feta cheese
    4-8 kalamata olives

And the dressing is the best, best part:
    1 teaspoon evoo
    lemon juice, garlic powder, lawry's seasoning salt, and dried mint to taste.

Super filling, with staying power, and really good (especially on a hot summer day!--maybe better for the Aussie's among us, as we Americans are getting out of that season!)
  • This is a pretty good replacement for creamy pasta cravings...I make it often

Ingredients
    1-1/2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
    3 cups of fresh broccoli florets
    1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
    1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) 1/3 fat cream Cheese (fat free works too)
    1 cup 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
    3 gloves of chopped garlic

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli for the last 3 min.

MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat
    Add chicken; cook 3 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently
    Stir in broth and garlic; simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done
    Add Cream cheese; cook and stir on low heat until cream cheese is melted
    Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella

DRAIN pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
    Spoon mixture into 8-inch sq. baking dish; cover.

BAKE 15 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese

Bake, uncovered until the cheese is melted. Let stand 5 min.

Makes: 4 servings, 1-1/2 cups each
    Nutrition Information:
    Calories 390
    Total fat 12 g
    Saturated fat 6 g
    Cholesterol 90 mg
    Sodium 480 mg
    Carbohydrate 28 g
    Dietary fiber 4 g
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 43 g
  • Mine looks so sad compared to all ya'lls!

haha I still love my barely-baked pizza. hahaha
  • Can I add another pizza recipe?
    NAAN PIZZA

1 piece of tandoori garlic naan
    1/4 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
    your favorite toppings (i add turkey pepperoni, mozzarella, spinach or pineapple)

pop into the oven until the cheese melts and it's warmed through (usually takes less than 10 minutes)

eat and enjoy! It's so good! I think getting garlic naan instead of regular naan makes the world of difference. It's pretty filling, and is about 400 calories.
  • Quote: Can I add another pizza recipe?
    NAAN PIZZA

1 piece of tandoori garlic naan
    1/4 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
    your favorite toppings (i add turkey pepperoni, mozzarella, spinach or pineapple)

pop into the oven until the cheese melts and it's warmed through (usually takes less than 10 minutes)

eat and enjoy! It's so good! I think getting garlic naan instead of regular naan makes the world of difference. It's pretty filling, and is about 400 calories.

That sounds better than store bought pizza!!
  • Cheesecake bites

1c fat free cottage cheese
    1 Tbsp vanilla extract
    3 Tbsp Splenda granular
    12 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened at room temp
    1 c egg substitute

Put all this in a mixing bowl and with a mixer blend at a high speed so that you get a smooth texture (it will mix those curds out of the cottage cheese). Bake at 350 for 35 min in a 12 cup muffin pan then put in the fridge for around 2 hours so it tastes like "cold" cheesecake.

Serving size: 3 muffins=160 cals. I usually topped with blueberries & ff coolwhip. Make sure to spray muffin pan really well.