No Fat Chicks - Exercise tips for overweight beginners

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Stumptuous.com is a great site with lots of info but there was an article posted titled "No Fat Chicks" on it.

The article basically says that most exercise isn't meant for overweight beginners. It has some advice and a beginning workout plan.

http://www.stumptuous.com/no-fat-chicks

If you don't know where to start, it is a great place to start. Even if you aren't overweight, it has some really good tips and Stumptuous.com definitely deserves to be read by anyone interested in fitness.
  • Thanks for link to that article Nelie great advice and article...
  • Great thread.i was in search of this only,now i ll start from this thanks for advice.
  • Thank you so much for posting that! That is a wonderful, common sense article that addresses issues too often overlooked. Especially:

In addition, a body which is carrying a lot of excess fat is already working hard to move itself around. Overweight people who are avoiding moving around aren’t lazy, they’re sensible. It’s a lot of effort to get going when you have excess mass to carry along with you.

I guess I'm like a lot of people. When I'm not trying to lose weight, I tend to avoid facing the harsh reality of how overweight I am. Then when I finally get up the gumption to try again, I'm frankly horrified and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible trying to do too much, too fast. And most of the weight loss advice is exactly as this article states: not for very overweight people who are just beginning to exercise.
  • That article is fantastic! I remember feeling great in high school when we went to the weight room in gym for two weeks... that was two years ago, but I think I will try lifting again. Thanks for the link!!!
  • Great article, thanks for posting it!!!
  • I find myself perpetually sore from working out and this info. is very helpful.
  • Thank you for the link. I am still trying to add the exercise part to my program.
  • Thanks for the link! I find that if I skip one day it's over with........I say Oh well I messed up. I'm way better off when I can stay focused & exercise everyday!
  • Great link.
  • That site ROCKS! Thanks for sharing
  • that was really great article, I just don't know if I can see myself lifting weights.
  • LOL "overweight people shouldn’t weight train!?"
    Quote: Stumptuous.com is a great site with lots of info but there was an article posted titled "No Fat Chicks" on it.

The article basically says that most exercise isn't meant for overweight beginners. It has some advice and a beginning workout plan.

http://www.stumptuous.com/no-fat-chicks

If you don't know where to start, it is a great place to start. Even if you aren't overweight, it has some really good tips and Stumptuous.com definitely deserves to be read by anyone interested in fitness.
    That was a great article!

I've often thought about the same things. Every time I tried so hard to keep up with yet another pilates dvd I had bought. I realized that I was having to work so much harder than this woman on the tv whose only body fat was on her tiny breasts!!!

When I realized that most of these people CANNOT do these exercises if you say PILE 8 10LB BAGS OF POTATO'S ONTO THEM!!!!! I realized I would have to customize, customize, and customize!

Due to my osteoarthritis and 70lbs to lose I designed an exercise regimen that doesn't cause me injury. If you're interested I have posted them here on a blog.http://osteoarthritisexercises.blogs...ning-buns.html

The part that made me laugh out loud was when I read "overweight people shouldn’t weight train because it will build muscle that will push the fat out more"
  • Thank you so much for posting this! Awesome link.
  • great article! i'm excited to start up the gym now!