Random question about pregnancy/childbirth

• Based on a recent conversation, I would like to ask all of you for your opinions, and I thought this was a good place to start.
    It's basically NOT on the subject of weight loss, at all, but I am still curious.
    My aunt has recently told me that she's heard of a direct correlation between severity of a woman's menstrual cycle, and the amount of pain (or complications) she endures during childbirth.
    If you don't mind, can you give me your thoughts? There are very few females I'd feel comfortable asking.
    Thanks!
  • I've always had horrible cramps, heavy periods and had surgery for endometriosis twice. I was actually on my way in for a pre-op physical for the third surgery when we found out about baby number 4. I have had easy labors and deliveries. Actually my 4th baby (born in May) was the most difficult yet. Just a really big baby, my back was bad, getting older, and the baby before that was only 14mo old when I got Pg again!

I've never, ever, heard that correlation before.
  • i haven't either, though i'd fit the profile. awful periods most of my life, awful labor and delivery. periods did get better post-baby...wonder if that means something too?
  • Painful periods & easy pregnancies and births for me.

And mine got better post-baby too
  • It would hold true for me. My periods have alwasy been easy breezy. I never have any cramps and aside from some bloating - they are 4 days total from start to total finish and very regular. All of my 3 pregnancies and births have been very easy up until this last pregnancy. I think that is attributed more to me than anything though. I never let my body rest in between babies since my son was only 3 months old when I got pregnant this time - oops.