Challenging all fellow 3FC members to a weigh in on Halloween! Prize Included!

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Cheerio's & Idealmuse: Thanks for checking in. I know this can really be a "challenge" losing weight, can't it? I believe the next few days are going to be a real challenge for me, 'cause PMS is any day now! I'm glad that tomorrow is Pay Day. I really need to get some tasty, nutritious food in the house again! Let's all make a promise to one another to stay away from all that tempting Halloween candy coming our way, okay? (I promise I'll try really hard!) Idealmuse: Congrats on the 7# loss! It won't be long and you will be at your final goal weight! Cheerio's: Congrats to you for jumping back on the wagon again! Just brush yourself off, and finish the challenge! If you keep yourself accountable, you should see some positive results come Oct. 31st!
    Well, that's it for now! Good Luck to you all!
  • EEek PMS...

Hmm promising to stay away from all the Halloween candy seems impossible lol. I'll probably have like a few pieces then head to the gym the next day mmmm chocolate! I'm so excited about Halloween and yes not so much about the weigh in though cause I must admit I slipped a few time =( And i did try making it up by going to the gym all week last week I made it but missed one day lol and now I am just heading to the gym every other day and yesterday i burned a 1000 calories in 2 hrs on the elliptical machine =) I think that is the most calories i burned in a day lol once again I hope everyone is doing well and congrats on losing the 7lbs idealmuse
  • Cheerio's:You are doing awesome at the gym! Keep it up! I couldn't last more than 30 min. on the elliptical trainer. The one I use to go on, you would have to change direction and pedal backwards for awhile on it. Is that how yours is? My trainer use to have me hooked up to FITLINX, so it was really intense! Well, I'm getting tired just thinking about it right now. I'm going now, have a great weekend!
  • Hey everyone.Slow going here also.I start off doing so well and then stall.Only one week left and I wanted to hit a weightloss of like 10-12 pounds if not more.I'll be happy with anything though at this point.I need to motivate myself and count those calories.I've been trying to do it in my head but sometimes happen to forget that cookie I ate!!I need to be accountable.Learning how to do this is the hardest part.Good luck everyone!!
  • luvmy3: I started out so good, and am trying to END so good! (It's the middle that I'm worried about!) We have to keep positive and know that we have a week left! Once this challenge is over, we can start another one, sound like a plan? I hate counting calories, but I do try and watch my fat grams and carbs somewhat. I'm really starting to crave carbs with "TOM" around the corner. It's sometimes the pits being a woman, isn't it?
  • Freckleshe middle is my probelm too.I'm just not giving up.I'm sick of starting and stopping.It's such a vicious cycle.There is no giving up this time.Another challenge is a great idea.Having this site to come to has been so helpful.Just looking for updates from you guys makes my day.It's so good to know that I'm not alone!!
  • hmm the eliptical machine i use only goes forward would be interesting if it went backwards too

halloween is comming up so giving up is not an option for me geez i am kinda getting nervous about stepping on that scale lol
  • Luvmy3: You definitely are not alone when you have us! It looks as though the majority of us are in the same boat right now.
    As the song goes: "Hold On, For Just One More Day and Things Will Go Your Way." Well, we might have to hold on for more than one day, but we'll get there. If you get a craving, go brush your teeth if you have a chance. Sometimes hunger pangs are due to being dehydrated, so go drink a nice big glass of water then. Cheerio's: You are so lucky that your elliptical machine only goes forward. It's a real challenge when you have to keep on changing direction. The one I used to use at the "Y", worked both the front and back muscles of your legs, which was a bonus I guess. (It depends on which way you look at it though.) My advice for you girl... If you have the time, go and burn some extra calories! To Everyone: Here's some more Will Power Dust-I think we could use some of this, don't ya think? So, did it work? Have a great weekend everyone!
  • hmmm it's pretty late right now but i am not sleepy so i'm take the will power dust and head to the gym WhooOPeeee! Good thing there's not a lot of people around this time.
  • Okay only 2 more days!!Is everyone ready?I sure am not!!I really thought I would have done better but I really have been having a tough time.But over the last month I learned alot about myself and my eating.So even if I don't win a scarf I have won control of my life back.(Although I'm still hoping for a scarf LOL).Hopefully we can start another challenge after this one.I think having small goals is a great motivation and having you all here to support me has been really great.I have support here at home but unless you've been there like us it's hard to really understand.So although I do appreciate the support from friends and family they have no clue where I'm coming from.I really wish I could find someone in my area who is having the same problems.Maybe get some walking in together.Well anyway good luck to all of you!!We're all winners in my book!!
  • Hello, Everyone!

Wow! Only two days 'til our first challenge ends? For almost a week, I was doing really well with my diet & exercise. I was getting a minimum of 30 min of walking in per day. I also was eating low-cal, low-fat and NO SWEETS! Then, I came down with some kind of bug. I don't think it's the swine flu, thank goodness! I had a flu shot, so who knows what I got. I ache all over,including my head & tummy. I have "TOM" on top of this crap too! I've also been running to the bathroom a lot. No picnic here! Thank goodness I have no appetite, 'cause I sure in the heck don't feel like burning any calories right now.
    Cheerio's: Which GYM are you a member at? Any common chain, or just a local one? Have that scarf packed up for someone yet? Who knows, maybe you will be the winner and it can stay put! Luvmy3: I hear ya in reference to getting in control of your life. Since September 23rd, the light bulb moment really kicked in and I really think I'm in control of myself this time. After this weekend, I'm up for another challenge. I'm on a roll and really want to get rid of this excess weight. Not just for looks, but for health reasons also. So, perhaps we could go with either a Thanksgiving Day challenge, or extend it longer, perhaps 'til Christmas? Let's all think about this and get back to one another, okay? I'm glad that we're all sticking together in this journey, as it's much easier with a Buddy! Well, my tummy is really burning right now, so I'm going to go lay on the couch for awhile. Bye!
  • Well, it looks as though I'm the first one to reveal my results of the challenge.
    I'm down at least 10#. I was down to a 12# loss a few days ago, but hopped on the scale this am and was showing a 10# loss. I've been sick and not eating too much the last few days and of course not burning much calories either! I've been a couch potato for the most part the last few days. The good news: I've noticed that my clothes are starting to fit better. My face is starting to thin out, thank goodness! My bras are more comfortable to wear, woo hoo! My pants are getting more baggy, which makes them drop down further causing the length of my pants to be at a perfect inseam! I tried on a pair of pants that used to be too small to zip up and can now comfortably zip them up! Another 5# they should be a perfect fit! I'm ready for the next challenge! How about the rest of you?
  • Congratulations all of you! Sorry I did not chat more, I am new to the whole contest contest thing. So I am down to 209 lbs! 16 pounds down. What a rush!
  • crzymom6: Congratulations on the big loss! That is so awesome! I will have to read your blog to find out more on how you are doing it. I created a blog, but for some dumb reason the post didn't take. I spent over an hour creating it, but it came up blank! Oh well, I will try another time. I'm also going to try and figure out how to post one of those graph's to show how much I've lost. Wish me luck!
  • Happy halloween all!!Busy day today so I thought I'd just pop in and post my results.I'll come back later to see everyones results.So I started 279 and weighed 275.8 this morning.So a little over 13 pounds.Better than I thought.It seems like this challenge did us all some good.Congrats to all on a great weightloss.I'm ready for the next challenge when you are!!