Weight Loss Buddies IV

You're on Page 6 of 32
Go to
  • Hey Chicks

Maddiesmom - Congratulations on your husband job!!! I had no idea! Is it something he is looking forward to - meaning is this in his 'career' area? You did awesome on the celebration dinner, and yes, it was a celebration. Good for you and him ;-)

Lindy - Wow, I am excited for you and the upcoming cruise. You are really smart to for trying to exericse 'up' this week and get your metabolism running and then going on the cruise. That will definitely help you through the eating. Enjoy though. A cruise is meant for eating, drinking, relaxing and just having fun!!!!!!!! Hey, and maybe Boston Accents??? LOL........

Dance - Good for you on the looonnnggg walk. I miss my daily walking outside. Your goal list is a really great idea to help stay on track. I may implement one myself.

Neesy - That is so wonderful.....194! Wow! Remember when you wanted to be 199 when your husband got back? LOL........you blew that plan all to he**......LOL...... You go girl!

Burgund - Ok, its a race! LOL...........I was up a pound today, which really bumbed me out, but hey, I ate quite a bit for dinner last night. Hopefully tomorrow it will be back off again.

Staccie - You soooo deserve that vacation and I am so happy you have it coming soon. Two weeks.......can you even imagine the relaxation you will experience? LOL........ I am so proud of you too, as you seem to really have a handle on healthier eating and your workouts. Good for you!

Well, my feet hurt again........but I know I will adapt eventually. I did buy some insole cushions for tomorrow to see if that will help. The work itself has gotten somewhat better, but next week will be the true test. I work two doubles back to back on Tuesday and Wednesday....UGH! Tuesday is a monthly day sale they have, and literally hundreds and hundreds of customer attend. Its a mad house. Now if I survive that, we are good to go! LOL...........
  • Hey girls! So.. I have the best problem in the world. All my clothes are too loose on me. They just hang.. or fall right off. Haha. So.. I had to buy more scrubs for work.. size small pants and medium tops!!! Let me just say wow. I was in XL pants a year ago. I put them on.. and it was amazing to see. I may post pictures. I went shopping today and got some new pants and tops too. I bought size 14 jeans. They fit perfectly. It's so much nicer going into a store and actually finding your size. I was wearing size 18.. pushing 20 at my highest. So... I have to get more clothes. I tried on everything almost in my closet today.. even my jeans that I use to think were small.. are too big now. So, I have to spend more $. Oh the dilemna haha . Oh.. i have yet to find the perfect outfit for grad day. I just don't know. I may just end up wearing jeans and a nice shirt. Who knows. It's going to be too cold for a dress. It was freezing today! Well.. I'll talk to you girls later

Oh. and did i mention.. I can't wear my wedding ring anymore. It falls right off. As soon as I put my hand to my side.. it falls off. I need to get it resized. I may just wait until I get to my goal though.
  • Quote: Hey girls! So.. I have the best problem in the world. All my clothes are too loose on me. They just hang.. or fall right off. Haha. So.. I had to buy more scrubs for work.. size small pants and medium tops!!! Let me just say wow. I was in XL pants a year ago. I put them on.. and it was amazing to see. I may post pictures. I went shopping today and got some new pants and tops too. I bought size 14 jeans. They fit perfectly. It's so much nicer going into a store and actually finding your size. I was wearing size 18.. pushing 20 at my highest. So... I have to get more clothes. I tried on everything almost in my closet today.. even my jeans that I use to think were small.. are too big now. So, I have to spend more $. Oh the dilemna haha . Oh.. i have yet to find the perfect outfit for grad day. I just don't know. I may just end up wearing jeans and a nice shirt. Who knows. It's going to be too cold for a dress. It was freezing today! Well.. I'll talk to you girls later

Oh. and did i mention.. I can't wear my wedding ring anymore. It falls right off. As soon as I put my hand to my side.. it falls off. I need to get it resized. I may just wait until I get to my goal though.
    I don't know if the "buddies" thread is open to anyone but I came across this one and thought... "I could have written this email...almost exactly!!" (except the scrubs and grad stuff LOL)

I had the clothes falling off (or looking rather tent like) thing going on too and I finally had to go shopping last week. In February, I bought several size 22's and the odd 24. Last week I went shopping and bought size 13 jeans...from a non-plus size store!! My bra? Once a 44J now a 40C. Holy smokes!

And I also had to stop wearing my weddings rings for fear of losing them. I bought a little plastic "resizer" but it isn't very comfortable so I only use it when I really want to wear my rings. I was wondering too....how much more will my fingers shrink? Should I resize now or wait until I am at or closer to goal?

Hope it's okay to chime in like this...
  • Ok that class kicked my arse - literally! It was TOUGH!! But I was surprised at how well I did and I wasn't even too self-conscious with all the skinny girls. I do hate being the biggest one in the class though - but at least I am trying to change it. It's a nice cardio workout because I get really bored with just doing the usual things so I may just incorporate a bit more of that into my workouts!! Glad I faced the fear and went in. Now I am beyond exhausted and I have to do some work but I might just say 'to with it". I have spin class in the am.

Neesy - WOW WEE!!!! that is so awesome for you - ensure you get rid of those clothes quick!!! Buy a few outfits that will get you through the next little while. I got goosebumps when I read your post!

Sandy - poor footsies...hopefully the extra support will help and that you have really great shoes (that can make all the difference). But you sure sound like you are doing awesome and adapting well!!! I bet everyone enjoys your awesome smile and so awesome too that the pounds are melting off.

Burgandy - I am happy that you didn't have to purge the evil!!! I hope you are ok after a nice relaxing night! And congrats on day 7!!!! You are rocking hard girl.

Lindy - your cruise sounds DIVINE!!! And imagine how awesome you are going to feel with your new body and attitude. Cabana boys - woo hah!!!! Hey, and I say go for the tan, it makes everyone look healthier and skinnier!! And that way if you get a really good base one, you will bronze nicely on the cruise.

Dance - well I feel kinda dead lol but in a good way, great shock for my body and I sweat a litre of water I felt like! As for my vacation, my friends and family are about 1.5 hours away by plane (just in the next province) you would think I would get home more often!! But I never want to come back! I just can't wait for the Olympics to be over so I can settle into my new life, home, job, etc. I don't like the temporary thing - I've never felt settled since I lived here and I think that contributed to a lot of my depression and binging issues. Now that I know the end is coming I finally get off my arse so I look good and have a lot more confidence when the time comes. Five months for today will be the last game - kind of freaky!!! I've been working on this project for almost two years. But my resume is gonna kick arse!!!!

Well I have to do at least 1/2 hour of work I suppose or I have to get up extra early. I am almost considering that with how tired I am. Will check in tomorrow and hope everyone is dreaming of bikini's, cabana boys and/or whatever else makes you happy
  • Morning girls...its bright and early-545 am to be exact,lol. I was planning on going to the gym but I had an overload of jalapenos in my breakfast burrito, and subway sub yesterday and well, it is not favorable for me to leave my house this morning. So Im wide awake when I could be sleeping and running to the bathroom every 5 minutes, haha...I know TMI, sorry. It sucks because I really wanted to go to the gym but seriously, that would be a BAD idea.

Mygrits- one could only dream for Boston boys on the ship, I will cross my fingers, lol. Getting back into a work routine is brutal and its 10x worst when you have to stand all day...sorry to hear about the feet issues, something tells me that you are going to see some big drops on the scale though. Between moving and grooving so much and the exhaustion (when Im exhuasted I eat less), I think this is going to help with your weight loss in tremendous ways...so you go girl!

Stacie- I saw your jello legs post on FB, I take it the class was beneficial to say the least? Haha.

Neesy - woo-hoo! Isnt it exciting? Ok, so your wearing a size small pants. Do you ever sit there and think of your goal weight and wonder if you shot too low? I am starting to think that because Im in the 160's and already wearing mediums and size 8/10s' and I think....omg, if I get down to 120-130 I might be like a size 2 or something?! I cant even imagine! I am shooting for a size 4, once I get there, I will consider my weight loss journey over.

Ok, well...Ill check in when I get to work.
  • Morning, girls!

Mygrits - good timing on the insoles - hopefully they will help on your double days! Totally agree with Lindy - I think this job, tough as it is, may help you a ton in your weight loss efforts. Hang in there, kiddo!

Neesy - I was just beaming when I read your post. Isn't that the funnest problem in the world to have? It's a good time to hit the clearance racks at your favorite stores and start cruising Ross and TJMaxx for killer deals. That's basically how I've been handling the transition. You need a few well fitting pieces for the season you're in for each size you pass through. The best part is that the smaller you get the more quickly you move through sizes. Not sure if that made sense but it takes less weight to go from a 12 to a 10 than it does from a 16 to a 14. Anyway, super fun! Are you going to give your old clothes away? I hope so - that means no turning back! So excited for you - you are doing great and should be so proud!!

momof5k - welcome! This is a great group - very supportive. Congrats on your weight loss success so far!

staccie - wow on the killer class! You are a stud! I'd love to hear more about what kind of job you're interested in and where you might like to resettle after the olympics. Some people really thrive on stress and adrenaline but it seems like you could have more of a balanced, healthy life with a slightly less crazy job.

lindy - bummer on the tummy distress but I'm sure you'll make up for it with an extra long run tonight. You are doing so well with your exercise and weight loss - those size 4s are just around the corner!

Did great on eating yesterday - just 1250 cals and no problems at all with the munchies. Am planning on another super clean day - long run this morning and yogurt and fruit for breakfast, chicken and veggies for lunch, fish, salad and couscous for dinner.

Here's to a skinny Tuesday! Hope everyone's doing great...
  • I was up at 4AM raring to go for the day. Stupid endorphins lol.

I'm not sore this morning....ummm!! But I might have trouble putting my bra on

I have spin class soon so I am heading out. I love that class - even my arse agrees.

Keep shooting for the stars and those sizes girls! Imagine the day when you fit into a small!!!

I will check in later - me and my arse are heading for some shaving of inches!
  • Dance---thanks for helping me keep my eye on the prize (so to speak)...you know what to say at all the right times! It amazes me how you can continue to have these low calorie days and not gorge a day later. Sometimes I have the will power and sometimes I dont, you consistantly do, way to go!

Stacie - your outlook on things these days is simply amazing! If you arent the pep in our step for the forum as a whole, way to take the reins and lead the way! You and I were on the same schedule this morning, haha.

OK EVERYONE---I want to get your attention and tell you about this great website, its called Nutrimirror.com, someone that my mom works with who lost a TON of weight used this and it is awesome! To create an account, is free. It gives you all sorts of tips, good advice, it tracks your exercise, weight loss, its just awesome. I think Im going to be playing with this for the next few days because Ive never seen anything like it. I HIGHLY recommend that you register, this is a great tracking method.
  • Lindy - just to get your competitive juices flowing, I'm at 167 this morning, right on your heels! How about a little competition until you leave for your cruise? I know you'll kick my butt but it would be good for me anyway

Neesy - you inspired me to do another closet re-org this morning just to get me pumped up (and I got up extra early and it was too dark to run). I've always had a bunch of garbage bags of clothes as well as the whole guest room closet full of stuff that was too small. Now I just have one section of stuff left over from skinnier times and the results of my pre-vacation size 8 shopping for Costa Rica this winter. Such a good feeling!

I may have mentioned it before but a few years ago I saw an Oprah with a pro-organization guy who had written a book called 'Does this clutter make my butt look fat?' and he believed that it's harder to treat your body well when you're surrounded by chaos and disorganization. I think I'm going to take some time this weekend to go through my kitchen cabinets and bathroom drawers and impose some skinny-supportive order. Anyone else find that having other parts of your life organized helps keep you on plan?
  • Dance - heck to the yeah Im down for a challenge. I really need to make sure Im buckling down for my trip. Instead of jogging in the evening, Im thinking of doing rollerblading for 30-45 minutes. According to looking it up it burns 400 calories in 30 minutes! Woo-hoo, sounds good to me, lol.
  • Woo hoo - a great wiggle between Dance and Lindy - you go girls!!

Spin class was tough - I didn't get enough sleep - I need to keep that in mind.

I can't wait until I get to do the clothes cleanse. Things are moving slow on the scale but the changes in my body are definite. Tomorrow is 21 days and I am taking a photo to see the changes. I guess the older you get, the harder it is to get off....grrrr.

I don't want to go to work...too much drama. I have a strong, assertive personality and I can't stand it when people are sulky and pout. I have no tolerance for that. Oh well, what can you do!

I will check in at lunch - and yes Dance organizing things keeps me on track, like keeping my room clean and my fridge decent - even having a messy desk at work contributes to me snacking more. Strange heh?
  • Grrr....Im so flippin hungry. I left my lunchbox at home today and left my wallet at home too so I would stop eating Cheez Its, where does that leave me?! STARVING!!! The soonest I can get food is at 330, after I pick up my daughter. Im trying to drink lots of water but its hard. My goal today is to not binge eat because of my stupidity. I did good because one of the girls at work got McDonalds and she asked if I wanted anything and I declined, so yay me for that move. 2.5 hours- I CAN DO THIS. Then tonight I have my run, I know I said I was going to rollerblade instead but my mom wants to go running and doesnt want to go byherself, so...looks like running it is.

How is everyones elses day going?
  • Ok, so I have to vent---kinda. Im not angry just motivated as all ****. I work with a very -- very honest and opinionated co-worker. At times it can suck but for the most part, I can appreciate her brutal honesty. When I dyed my hair blonde, she flat out told me she hated it and that I looked like a bimbo, haha...she also referred to me as "beast" on some occasions because when I was heavier I breathed heavy and didnt realize it, ok...this one was a little hurtful but I carry a thick layer of skin. Well, today we were talking about my weight loss and I told her how I wanted to be a size 4, she proceeded to tell my that there is no way in **** that I could physically get that low because Im destined to be a chubby girl, she also threw in a compliment that I am one of those women that can be a knock-out even at 220+ pounds, but still...it got me a little rawled up. Then we were talking about my cruise and I told her I needed be careful so that I didnt gain, then she told me she "guarantees" that I gain 10+ pounds, that I dont have that much self discipline, I told her I budgeted a 4-5 pound weight gain and she was like "no way in ****, there is no chance, you will gain so much more than that". Oh---its on! So now we have a friendly wager, I am bringing inmy scale on Fridya and weighing myself in front of her, then bringing it in again, when I get back. If I stay under 10 pounds in weight gain, she will treat me to lunch, if I gain 10 or more, I treat her. This is a great incentive and I cant wait to prove her wrong. I know she sounds like a mean person but honestly, I rather someone be honest than lie to my face and people putting me down doesnt afffect me because I consider myself a pretty confident girl. Sorry for the long babble post, I just had to tell you girls about my new incentive. Oh...and my hunger pangs, gone! I borrowed .50 from a girl at work and got some almonds from the snack machine...good choice I think.
  • I've had a sh*t day too long to go into details but I am really angry (because of work) and feel really unmotivated. But motivated to eat a good dinner and go to Yoga cause I need to relax.

Lindy - I am so glad that you had .50 for some almonds...and you didn't indulge in some other activites! And good incentive that is - I hope you rub it in her face! What a horseface!!!

Ok I am going to log in when I am less mad
  • dancerindenver: Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to pop in once in while if I am not intruding