Omg ! Homamade Granola

• I jest made some home made Granola . I got the receipe from Sparkle People. ( Thats where I log all of my calories and Exercise). I took it out of the oven a little bit ago and tried a pinch and it is wonderful. I can tell I will love this . I will have to share it with my girls.

The next time I make it I may add some dried cranberries or something like that. But it still good.
  • I love granola! I just wish it wasn't so calorific, I could eat a whole cup in a sitting!
  • Could you post the recipe? Sounds wonderful!
  • Vanilla Scented granola

Nonstick Vegetable oil Spray
    4 cups old fashoined oats
    1 cup sliced almonds
    1/2 cup (Packed) Golden Brown Sugar
    1/4 Teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
    1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
    1/4 cup Honey
    2 Tablespoons Sugar
    4Teaspoons Vanilla

Makes 8 Cups
    1 Serving = 1/2 Cup
    Preparation
    Position rack in the middle of oven and Preheat to 300 degrees. Lightly spary large baking sheet with non stick spray. Mix the Next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine oil, Honey, and Sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat stir in the vanilla. Pour hot liquid over oat mixture stir well. using hands, toss mixture until throughly mixed.

Spread Granola on prepared Baking Sheet. Bake until Golden Brown, Stirring Occasionally about 30 minutes. Transfer sheet to rack . cool Granola Completely. ( Can be made 2 Weeks Ahead.Store in airtight container at room temperature.)

Number of Serving 16

Nutritional Info
    Fat 7.8g
    Carbohydrates 20.8g
    Calories 160.7
    Protein 2.7g

I am gonna use mine With My yogurt. Since I seem to only get to 1200 to Maybe 1500 calories daily I figured this would give me a little boost.
  • Sounds yummy! It will totally give you a calorie boost since you need to be eating more than 12-1500 calories at this time. I might have to make this... I wonder if I could substitute raw sugar and aguave nectar?
  • This sounds fabulous!! But, granola is something I've always overeaten. That combo of carbs, crunch, oil, sugar... It's one of those things I just can't do in moderation. It brings on that horrible gotta shove it in my mouth affect. 1/2 cup serving? Haha.
  • Aren't serving sizes funny. I would read this recipe as 2500 cals a serving

Recently I bought a small jar of cocktail sause that said it had 35 serving?!?
    For who? Kebler elves.

Cfmama-
    You can absolutely sub out/ eliminate the sugar.
    The only time it gets a bit tricky is with baked goods like cake, etc.
    in my kitchen, I would omit the sugar all together, keep the honey, maybe increase by a tblspn, add a bit of molassas for that 'brown sugar' flavor, add some water if the mixture needed to be wetter before baking
    Tada
  • I with Robin, I would eat the whole thing at once. I have to be very careful about snacky foods that taste as good as that recipe sounds.
  • You know I thought I would have that problem with granola - take one bite and the batch is gone - but I don't. I mix it with yogurt and fruit and I love the crunch, but a little bit does me just fine. I probably don't use more than a couple of tablespoons at a time.

Now trail mix is another matter entirely... salty and sweet and GONE!