Metabolic queso dip?

• I'm cooking the queso dip and did not realize how MUCH it makes. I was wondering if anyone has tried freezing it? and if so how did it turn out? Also, how do I count the veggies that I put into the dip?

Does this count toward my creamy and HNS too? Recipes for some reason confuse me as to what I need to add with them and so on.. The whole recipe calls for 2 pkgs of cream of chicken soup but the recipe serves 8 so I'm not getting the full creamy..Grrrrr I'm so confused. I won't be making this recipe again.
  • Quote: I'm cooking the queso dip and did not realize how MUCH it makes. I was wondering if anyone has tried freezing it? and if so how did it turn out? Also, how do I count the veggies that I put into the dip?

Does this count toward my creamy and HNS too? Recipes for some reason confuse me as to what I need to add with them and so on.. The whole recipe calls for 2 pkgs of cream of chicken soup but the recipe serves 8 so I'm not getting the full creamy..Grrrrr I'm so confused. I won't be making this recipe again.
    I wouldn't count it as a creamy, unless you eat half of it. I would treat it just like they do the vanilla shake that you could use as creamer for coffee. How does it taste?
  • Quote: I wouldn't count it as a creamy, unless you eat half of it. I would treat it just like they do the vanilla shake that you could use as creamer for coffee. How does it taste?
    It was good, but to me not worth the effort put into it. I had to measure out 8 servings in individual containers and figure out how to count it. A lot of work for not too much satisfaction. I added it up just to see the cost of cheese dip and the price was $8.20. For 1/2 a cup cheese dip per serving, just not worth it..lol
  • Would you mind sharing the recipe with me? I LOVE cheese dip!!
  • Quote: Would you mind sharing the recipe with me? I LOVE cheese dip!!
    Yeah no problem, here it is....

Metabolic Queso

12 oz Muenster cheese

2 pkgs. cream of chicken supplement

12 ounce water (more if needed)

1 diced tomato

Chopped jalapenos

Mix all ingredients together. Heat in crock pot or microwave.

Replaces protein.

I eat this dip with any veggie we can have. It is good, but I found myself stressed out because it made soooo much and I didn't quite know how to count it.
  • Thank You so much! I cant wait to try it. I wonder if you can substitue the Muenster cheese for another kind...mmmm. Might be good variations. I love Muenster so works for me!!
    Thanks again!!
  • We had a Mexican cooking class this week at our center and the cheese dip was made...it was really good...and best of all I asked if I could freeze it and she said yes!
  • Quote: We had a Mexican cooking class this week at our center and the cheese dip was made...it was really good...and best of all I asked if I could freeze it and she said yes!
    Yeah, I went ahead and froze it (b/c it makes 8 servings) and it turned out just fine. I actually made up a recipe for it in the recipe sticky and it was delicious, you should try it.