Five More Pounds!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Some of the folks who've been around a while have heard my stall story, but probably a lot of you haven't.

I began my journey 8/14/2008 at 360 lbs. Later I bought a good scale which weighed me at about 9.5 lbs higher, so I changed my starting weight to 369.5. Wow, that's almost 400 lbs.

I lost 60 lbs the first three months, then 39 more the second three months, for a total of 99 lbs lost in 6 months. Then I stalled. And stalled. And stalled! Finally the weight loss started up again, and by my first anniversary I'd lost 118 lbs. Although the scale didn't move in a linear fashion, for the first 12 months I consistently lost about a size every six weeks. I went from a 30 top/32 pant to 16 top/18 pant in a year.

But no scale losses in months. So I quit getting on the #$%! thing.

Well, today I decided I should hop on, since my 18 jeans are falling off and my 16 tops are blousy. (I can wear new 16 jeans, but my older 16s are still too small.)

Five pound loss! Somehow five pounds have mysteriously vanished!

So, all you stallers, don't worry about it. The weight WILL come off if you are consistent. It comes off on its own timetable though, not on yours. Be patient. What's the alternative, gaining it all back? Not this time.

I deserve a dancin' carrot today: woot
  • That is SO AMAZING!!!

Good for you. It's inspirational for me to see how you've stuck with it, since I'm still in the "honeymoon period"

I am the same height as you and I could only dream of fitting into size 18s!!!

You go, girl!!!
  • Wow! Thanks! I'm stalled too...for about a month and people have been telling me to just wait. I'm doing everything right so eventually my body must comply.
  • wow, congratulations!!

thanks for posting that, too. I thought I beat gaining on my vacation, then the weight showed up the next week, just a couple of lbs, but the see saw I've been on has not been that fun.

I was just about to go below 240 before I went on vacation, then there was the time I spent on vacation, then my weight went back up the week after vacation, now I'm basically back where I started before I left, sheesh.

Ah, well, I never give up. I at least got right back into the routine the minute I got back, which I give myself credit for.
  • Quote: I deserve a dancin' carrot today: woot
    Nope. You deserve FIVE dancin' carrots:

Congratulations for sticking to it! It's a good reminder to me. I went under 200 a couple of weeks ago and have been bouncing around between 198 and 201 since then. Today is official weigh-in day and I'm UP. But I had a LOT of sodium yesterday and despite my weight going up, I lost another inch on my waist this month. So "Keep on keepin' on" is my motto, too. Yay!
  • Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Great story!! Great accomplishment!!
    I'll meet your and raise you!
  • Great Job on hanging in there dc!!!
  • Woo more dancin' produce.

I also took measurements last night, they are unreal given my weight.

44 - 36 - 46.5

So I almost measure a perfect 16...somebody tell that to my 16 jeans that are still too small, please.
  • Girl you rock! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • Fantastic! Thank you for the reminder that the scale is not always the best measuring stick.

• Congrats girlie!!!
  • Way to go!!! Awesome job for sticking with it, even when it seems like it's endless!
  • Awesome!Patience and perseverance really pay off!