What vitamins and or supplements are you taking?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just wondering what are you guys taking I currently on take one a day but I think that I would like to try other things but dont really know where to start. Is there anything that you feel has really aided you on your journey? Thanks in advance.
  • I take a one a day multi vitamin plus 3 omega 3 fish oil capsules a day and 3 biotin tablets a day
  • I take a multi-vitamin, B-complex, C, D, E, calcium, magnesium, and fish oil. I think that is it. My boyfriend, who is a vitamin junkie just hands me a handful in the morning and again in the evening. I don't know if they aid in my weight loss but they can't hurt, as long as I'm taking the proper amounts. I found a great list of what I should be taking on Dr. Oz's website.
  • I don't like man made vitamins. I'm not convinced that they can accurately mimic the complexities of real food. So, I take Spirulina and Chlorella in tablet form. I also take cod liver oil and colostrum. I had great results when I first started taking spirulina. I had warts all over my hand that I was embarassed about. I tried all sorts of things to remove them. But, they sloughed off within a week of taking spirulina.
  • I don't take any. They make me sick to my stomach.
  • Quote: I take a multi-vitamin, B-complex, C, D, E, calcium, magnesium, and fish oil. I think that is it. My boyfriend, who is a vitamin junkie just hands me a handful in the morning and again in the evening. I don't know if they aid in my weight loss but they can't hurt, as long as I'm taking the proper amounts. I found a great list of what I should be taking on Dr. Oz's website.
    Do ya have a link?
  • I don't take any either.
  • Roni -

This is not actually from Dr. Oz's own website but I did find this at Oprah's -

http://www.oprah.com/article/health/...utions_vitamin

Hope it helps
  • The only vitamin I am deficient in, is Vitamin D - the sunshine vitamin. So I take that, which is combined with a calcium supplement. Osteoporosis runs in my family. I more then reach my quota on every single other vitamin.
  • I take a multi, b-12, and slim quick. Slim Quick is a definite help FOR ME. I put for me in caps because I know it doesn't work for everyone. My sister-in-law tried it and although she was losing weight she felt very ill so she gave up and gave me the rest of her bottle since she knew it was working for me. I also used to take a shot of Bragg's apple cider vinegar "with the mother" about 10-15 minutes before each meal (really should get back to it). It is supposed to help with carb digestion to keep you from having blood sugar spikes which then cause you to be starving again later. It also helps you to feel more full with less food. That stuff works, but it is very hard for some people because of the taste.
  • All with food otherwise I feel sick on empty stomach.
    - One a Day multivitamin
    - Fish Oil
    - Calcium
    - Glucosamine and Chronditin (cuz of knee problem)

I doubt any of these pills have aided in any WL but I know my G&C pills have definitely helped with my knee.
  • I just take a one a day....well actually rightnow since I'm nursing, I take a prenatal.. it's pretty close to the women's one a day I usually take but has a bit more of a few things. I also like Whole Wheat Total cereal to help make sure I'm getting what I need (though I don't eat it more than a few times a week).
  • I take a couple of coral calcium pills that have added vitamin D and magnesium every morning. Not sure if it's true or not but I read several years ago that the coral type is more easily absorbed by the body than most others.

I debated on taking omega 3 pills like I used to, but since I'm allergic to certain seafoods I'm limited to the flax type (luckily I have no issues with the coral). But when I realized I could just eat the actual flax instead of taking pills, I switched over. I now put ground flax in my smoothies, salads, and the like.
  • i take 4 iron tablets, prescribed by doctor, so i dont know if that counts!

i also take a b complex and sea kelp, which apparently boosts metabolism. dont know if it helps, i havent been taking it for long enough!
  • I take iron (I'm slightly anemic). You can OD on iron supplements, in case you don't know that. I take cod liver oil (have a vitamin D deficiency too, and the vitamin D tablets upset my stomach). and vitamin C.

A blood test from a physical can identify what you might be lacking in diet, and if you track your food at fitday, they also have a handy breakdown of what vitamins and minerals are in your diet and what percentage.

unless calories consumed are very low, you should be able to get most of what you need from a balanced diet.

(you know you're starting to age when the Oprah vitamin/minerals list for your age group starts to get really complicated! heh heh)