Got a home gym.... now what?

• So while out yard saling on Saturday we found an older Weider 265 home gym (not the weight bench with the same model number). It's in perfect shape, just dusty (go figure) for $60, we bargin always and got it for $40!!! We don't have room for it at our current house, so we took it to my inlaws (whose house we are buying, they are building a new one that should be done by Nov.). I don't have the first clue about how to set up a program for using it, and maybe I'm clueless on terminology too, but google got me nowhere. Any ideas?

Oh and a funny.... being a holiday yesterday, we all slept in some, so I didn't get up to exercise. I felt horrible all day about it so before bedtime hubby says "Put in your video and we will do it together." Even though we are on this journey together I really didn't want to, I have embarrassment issues in front of the kids! I sucked it up and put in Walk Away the Pounds for Abs 2 mile. I think I burned an extra 500 calories just laughing at hubby... that poor man has no coordination! Afterward he said "Man, I don't know how you do that EVERY morning, and you always seemed to be moving more than they were." It felt good to have him tell me that he was proud of what I was doing but it was the laughing at how silly he looked (except when he got his side steps backwards and we came to the middle together and he stepped on my toes ) that made it all worth while.
  • I'm afraid I don't have any tips on your home gym (apart from good on you for getting one!)...but I have to say that is such a CUTE story about you and your husband! How cool that he got up and did the video with you!
  • Hehe Salsa, he is a good guy (even if he will never be able to be taken out in public to dance).

I just noticed we started our journeys about the same time (I started 7/20) and at about the same weight You soooo have me beat on the height though! Very cool.

In other news.. someone has to have a website or something to go to that will tell me how to set up a program with a home gym system.
  • LOL! Well, the men can't be perfect

Best of luck on finding info for your new toy!

How cool that our stats are similar - other than our height then. I quite like my height, actually - I like being quite tall, but not too tall.
  • hehe.. he is about as close to perfect as a man can get, so I will keep him.

I did find the manual to the machine online, but other than telling me how to set the pully and weights up so they weigh this much and that it doesn't tell me crap. I guess what I may do is start with x number of reps y number of times on each thing at z weight setting and slowly work my way up? I'm guessing that is what I would do if I was at a gym.
  • Congrats on both finds, your new gym and a man that will do a workout dvd with you
  • Thanks Fit. I'm hoping to try to work going to the new house (currently the inlaws) a few times a week until we can get moved (man why hasn't their house gotten finished yet?).
  • I don't know exactly what kind of gym you got but try www.freetrainers.com you give them your information and they give you an exercise plan based on your preferences.
  • Thanks Jade, I will definately check it out!