W.O.W. BOO! Halloween Challenge~~INVITATION and WEEK 1

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • summer- i love that quote you put in for your "d"...so true...sounds like your off to a good start, too.

lea-thanks for the tip; i'll give it a try. i've applied with other hospitals in my city but i feel like i get lost in the crowd b/c of the size of the hospitals. i live in houston btw.

jeni- wish i could run 3 miles. i jog for about 5-7 min on the treadmill but am planning to slowly increase my time. didn't do a lot tonight (went to a friends house for about an hour) but it was SO nice just to have the freedom to do whatever.

just checking in- i'm bored and possibly addicted to the internet. lol!
  • Summer, I think the best kind of plan is whatever works for you!

Onestar~I started running about a year ago. I got the urge and just ran until I couldn't anymore. Running is just a part of my normal everyday workout now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I am so tired this morning, UGGG! Every year out town has this festival kindof thingy which ends with a show of logging races (tree falling, long rolling, chainsaw competitions. . . ) which is followed by 20 minutes worth of fireworks. Well the place that it is held is a block from my houes, good when I don't work, BAD when I do.

I am supposed to stop and buy a cake for two birthdays at work today. I really don't want to, I don't really want to stop.

W 80 oz
    E extra laps, gym is closes at 5 so no time to get there before I have to work
    E 1200 clean cals, need to start logging into fitday find out where hidden cals are
    D Do not eat the cake!
  • Wow, lots of post this weekend. Excellent! Welcome Newbies!

MTig- Congrats on 5k. My goal is to run 5K by my bday in mid-Nov

JCat- I need to learn to mix it up rather than give it up when I get sick of a routine.

Nix-How's the visit with the kiddies? I gained a pile of weight too after I met DH. He loves junk and is an amazing cook.

Cheers to all!

Not a great eating weekend. Too many treats. I started week 3 of c25k this a.m and start aerobics tonight. Can't wait!
  • Hi to everyone!
    Thanks for letting me join in and I am sorry I am so slow in responding. I too am looking for a job and getting nervous since I've been doing this for 3 months and have had 2 interviews. I have never had a problem but this economy is worse than I thought. I moved in May from Cape Cod to Central MA feeling quite comfortable that getting a temp job should be possible. Seems it makes no difference about temp or perm - the jobs are few and the people are many! I'm trying to think positive - sometimes it's tough.

I am a newbie to the WEED compitition and am working on a program for myself to follow but for today ......

W - 32 oz of water and 32 oz of other fluids (not a water drinker!)
    E - I will walk for 20 minutes today
    E - I will follow portioned sizes in what I eat today.
    D - I will list 10 things I am grateful for today.

1 - 245.4
    2 -
  • I'm back everyone! I'm so so sorry I havn't been posting this past week. During the last challenge I was in a very small no big deal car accident which was maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago and earlier this week I was just in another one! This one was the worst I was ever in but luckily still not hurt. I was going down a highway in the right lane where the speed limit was 50 and the roads were wet from rain. Some kid pulled out of a gas station on my right. He pulled out through the ENTRANCE instead of the exit and instead of waiting to merge into traffice he pulled directly in front of my car without giving me the chance to slow down! I of course slammed on my breaks and my horn but there wasn't enough time to slow from 50 down to nothing and my whole car slided on the wet road right into the back of his car. Luckily my car did slow down enough not to cause major damage but I was so scared that I was physically shaking and just couldn't talk for a few minutes. The other driver is ok too. This could have been so much worse than it was so I'm very thankful for that.

Because of all this I've just been super stressed out and depressed and just eating none stop. I gained 2 pounds back already and havn't been keeping up with my workouts or any of my goals. I'm not exactly giving up I'm just to stressed out to really think at the moment and I'm hoping I'll feel better in a few days. Any advice to help me snap out of it? Pretty please?

Hi Mrsvegan glad you found the challenge!
    Nursemichelle~ I pretty much make the same foods as everyone else does just without the meat, fish, and dairy. The only problem is that since I've been cooking all my favorite foods lately I've also been eating a lot more of it because it just tastes so good!

P.S. What are personals?
  • Hi all,
    It has been a busy weekend so no real time to post. This will probably have to be quick too but I thought I should stop in.

I am having the absolute worst time right now with the scale. I'm not losing and I was so frustrated this morning I felt like I could cry. I've worked extremely hard for more than four weeks now and I'm still at three pounds lost. I haven't lost a thing in about two weeks. I know that's a pretty short amount of time in the grand scheme of things, but it's difficult to work so hard and see zero results. Also, usually when I am on this regimen I lose 2 per week. Is it possible that something else is going on and I'll see a drop? Or maybe my calories are out of whack?!? Aarrrgh! I don't even know.

Anyhow, I've been keeping on track this weekend despite going to two restaurants so I'm happy about that. I went to the gym today in hopes of doing two classes and realized when I got there that I had the times wrong and the first class was half over (ARRRGH) so I walked for 20 mins on the treadmill until the second class started.

I don't know what it is about today but it feels like the universe would have preferred that I stay in bed!!! I'm sorry to be so negative but I just had to vent.

Hope you are all doing well and sticking with it and having a great weekend!
  • girls!

So I woke up this morning, got on the scale, and wondered how in the **** did I gain 2 lbs when I ate pretty well and got in some good exercise this week?! I wasn't expecting a big loss but come on. I got my answer this afternoon.....TOM. I'm relieved he came this week though since TBL challenge starts next week. Not changing my ticker cause I know it's water weight and I'm going to be good this week so next WI will be good.
  • Good afternoon everyone!

Hi juliebee - sorry to hear about the nasty scale...sounds like maybe you have hit a plateau? Have you tried calorie recycling or changing up your workouts? Are you losing inches? I went through a big weight loss about a year ago and had this exact problem and these are some of the things that worked for me. For me, I had a pair of pants that was too tight and I tried them on every Sunday - sometimes they fit different and the scale barely moved. Everyone is different - but I hope you can find a way to see some results

Hi gypsylove - oh my - two accidents!! Thankfully you are ok!!! I haven't had a chance to get to know you yet but my advice would be to come on here - it works for me (most times). I just went through a huge event that was very stressful and fell off the wagon bigtime - it took me some time to get back on, but I just tried to do things that eased my stress and it worked. Good luck!!

Hi Waterlilli - good luck with the job search...I will be in those shoes in about six months when my contract ends - but make the best of the time by getting in some extra exercise - it will release some endorphins...

jcatron - I envy that you run. I would like to but I just don't like it. I am trying to do interval training on the treadmill to get myself pysched up, because I think I really would like it. I tried to run home from the gym last week and I almost died at about 5 blocks

I met my WEED yesterday - - I really like doing that. I've had four awesome days now and I feel great other than some really sore muscles!!! I am going back to work tomorrow after being off for a bit and I am hoping that I can stay on track - I CAN!

WEED for the week!
    W: Drink at least 2 litres a day - especially at work when I see the coke machine....ahhh!
    E: Stay to my meal plan - 5 small meals all planned out and cooked already!
    E: Stick to my workout plan at the gym - take Wednesday off to recover but ensure I go back Thursday!!
    D: Don't allow work to consume my efforts!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am looking forward to getting to know you all better!
  • Julibee- you and I are in the same boat. I am stuck also. I should be losing right now since it is post TOM, but I'm not. I get very depressed myself. I know in my head I will eventually drop, but it gets very frustrating. Just hang in there and keep doing the right things,. It will happen.

I just did a 3 mile walk today. Eating is on track and I'm still searching for those elusive 170's. It's gotta happen soon.
  • Really quick tonight:

Julie and Mindy~ Im stuck too, Maybe its just September~Lets keep working and NOT get it in our heads that nothing will work NO DEPRESSION! We shouldn't judge our happiness on what the scale says! I mean it. Working out is healthy, it is good for us, WE LOVE IT! WE MUST DO IT THE REST OF OUR LIVES TO STAY HEALTHY!!!! Lets all chant it!

Stacie, I started interval training in July and I lost about 10 pounds or so. I hit a dang plateau again, but I think it is because I just started weight training and it will take a month or two for my body to let go of the weight again.

Today went mostly good, but I had a small sliver of the cake and a very small piece of a danish. I don't know why but I was STARVING when I got home tonight. I think I may be in for a short cycle month, I hate it when that happens, but it is the only thing I can think of.

OK its time for bed!
  • Hey Weedies,

Today went mostly bad with a splash of horrible on the eating front. I didn't exercise, and I FREAKIN SMOKED LIKE A CHIMNEY! WTF? Quit a year and then fall back in... AAAACK!

Tomorrow is a new day... week.... chance....

I had to get here and say I better see EACH and EVERY ONE OF YOU< NEW AND VETS> on the new thread. I have to loose weight and it will take a village!

Happy Sunday... love to ya chickies.
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-week-2-a.html

Okay Ladies, come to this link to post for WEEK 2