Bad News :(

• I posted this up in the low carb section but for those that do not go there and are wondering how my new job is going it's not!! here is my post:

I called today and as i was on vacation and will be gone the next time they have nursing orientation i can not start till SEptember. I am so upset I NEED to be working this week!!! SO I guess it is back to the drawing board. Unless things work out with my other iron in the fire. which I pray it will.

I really am upset so i hope that food is not my consulation today. but for me it will get me down for a few hours just enought to finish the laundry take a long bike ride and then get off my a$$ and get that resume back in working order. I told them that i just may be working in another place by then as i do need to work. So it just may be their loss!!! LOL But for now i have to hold my head high and tell all my bills they will have to wait. and hope to God that the cars do not break!!! I atleast have $.53 in my checking account!!! I am not in the neg today!
  • Aww hun, I'm sorry... but don't eat... beat a pillow, punch the couch...anything but eat! I hope things get better for you soon!
  • {{{Big Hugs}}} So sorry to hear about that. Just hang in there!!!

BTW - Love seeing your pic!
  • Sorry to hear about the job. But I'll help you pray that the other thing comes through and is even better than this one.

I can totally relate to needing to work now. When I was coming back form maternity leave, I was told that they didn't want me to come back until May. I was supposed to come back in April. That's what I had planned on and that was when my disability was running out. Well needless, to say it all worked out in the end.

Don't eat....you are doing so well! Don't let the ba$tard$ get ya down!
  • Sorry to hear about the job. But I'll help you pray that the other thing comes through and is even better than this one.

I can totally relate to needing to work now. When I was coming back form maternity leave, I was told that they didn't want me to come back until May. I was supposed to come back in April. That's what I had planned on and that was when my disability was running out. Well needless, to say it all worked out in the end.

Don't eat....you are doing so well! Don't let the ba$tard$ get ya down!
  • Don't woory Sweetheart, you have the the greatest backing in the world....I know it feels bad right now but keep in mind that there may be a good reason you are not aware of at this time. The right place is being created for you ,one you can live with until everything else gells for you. I found out along time ago that what seems so awful usually works out to our best bebefit in the end so hang in there and know you are floating on prayers to carry you through. When the doors open we are flooded with the good . God Bless Honey and you know you are in my prayers.
    Pam
  • (((Sue))) Know that you are in my prayers, too, Sue. I think Pam is right. Something better is on the horizon. Maybe the other job would have been really bad!! Have faith. Don't be me...DON'T eat!! Keep that chin up!

Love, Gayle

PS...you poor baby! You don't even have enough in the bank to mail a LETTER!! Thank the Lord email is free!

• *HUGS* Your strong, you know you will get through this. Hold your head up, take a deep breathe and smile. It will all work out.

• Sue - from what I hear in the media, nurses are in short supply everywhere. I bet your other "iron in the fire" comes through. I feel your pain re: the checkbook! For the longest time, I had a cartoon taped to my fridge...can't remember the name of the strip, but it was about a working class black family...Anyhow, it's the married couple main character talking:

Woman: "Honey, we have $7.00 left in the checking account."
    Man: (puzzled look) "Are you sure? Did you check your addition? Subtraction"
    Woman: "I'm sure. I've checked it backwards and forwards. We have $7.00 left in the checking account."

In the last panel, they're both gleefully celebrating with lots of WOO-HOOs...the story of my life

Hang in there,
    Jennelle
  • Sue:

You KNOW that you have my vote of confidence also. You have been here soooo many times with words of encouragement, praise, gratulations, sympathy, etc for all of the rest of us. We are here for you now!!

Here is my shoulder. Just know that we are here for you. That other job (or one that may surprise you!!) is just around the corner.

Chin up,

annie

PS Hope your checking account is interest-bearing. LOL Sorry, that wasn't as funny as I thought.
  • Thanks Annie!! I do have hope. I firmly believe that there is something better out there for me or this would not have fallen through like it did. how many times does a hosptial turn down a experienced well qualified nurse??? that does not happen!! i truly believe that something will come, but it is just soo distressful when i think of the bills.
  • Sue:

You can tell me to mind my own business, if I'm out of place. I don't pretend to know your business or your bills.

I work in an accounting department, which means I get the wonderful job of calling other companies to find out when they plan on paying us. From where I sit, I would be a million times more understanding if someone called me and said, "Look, our company is going through a tough time right now. Could we hold payment for X amount of time, or could we make payments on the balance?"

Sooo, I'm just thinking that maybe if you explain your situation to your power company, for example, MAYBE they will let you make payments (or smaller ones) and/or will skip the interest/late fees.

Just a thought.

Best of luck,
    annie
  • the power and phone company are really great at doing that for me. i have no problem with them it is the little credit cards that i have a problem and the mortgage that i am worried about. they have been waiting and recieving a little at a time but are really behind i felt that starting thai month would get me stable enough to get cought up in a few months but tyhat is out the door now. I just pray that the other things i have in the pot can pan pout for me. i will if i have to go to the NH but i can not stand that but i will have to swallow my pride and do that if this gets worse. infact i have an app for two of them and will fill it out today. but i hate the thought of going back there as it just about killed me last time whe i left there i swore that i would never be a nurse again!! that is how bad it was. I am very frank and tell them exactally what is happening with my life and what the job prospects are many of them are understanding but some times i get one that just makes me fo=eel like crap i know that is their job but i am more willing to try for one who is trying to help me. Iknow where thingsa re and know what needs to be paid but do not harrass me