Has anyone tried Ourlife Fresh Meal delivery?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Way to go, 2furbabies! I am telling you that you are going to love Ourlife Fresh meals. Can't wait to compare notes with you!
  • can you please confirm that there are no substitutions allowed? That would be a deal breaker for me. But I'd love to know if it's not true.
  • They allow substitutions. U just type in your requests in the notes field b4 u place your order.
  • Apparently for allergies and dietary restrictions only, though. But if you don't eat red meat, fish or whatever, apparently not. The website states:

"Yes, we will make substitutions for dietary restrictions and food allergies. In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we have designed the Ourlife Fresh menus as a chef’s choice offering and therefore cannot accommodate individual requests due to taste preferences. Our ultimate goal is to improve your eating habits using a variety of food for good nutrition."

Has anyone making subs based on likes and dislikes? This is a deal breaker for me.
  • What I would like to know, is why do they only send 5 lunches and 5 dinners? I guess you have to do breakfast yourself? For that price ($11.50 per meal), breakfasts and 7 days worth of food should be included. And judging by their calorie counts that would be an extremely low calorie diet.

I gotta be missing something here.
  • I can't wait to hear your review! I've been on Jenny Craig since January and am getting bored.
  • Yes, you can make subs on likes and dislikes. I have to say, though, that I was not a big seafood fan before trying Ourlife Fresh but, as Ruby says, the food changed my palate so I am open to trying new foods as I stick to this diet.
  • Hi. I've tried a couple of days of my order and I have to say that it was okay. Would I order again? Probably not. I guess I am extremely picky about my food. Like in my salad for example, the lettuce was starting to turn around the edges and the grape tomatoes were rotted, the shrimp was fine. So I feel like before I take a real bite of anything I'm doing a teeny tiny test first. I also tried a blackened catch of the day.. It made me nervous because I couldn't figure out what type of fish it was and it also wasn't cooked all of the way. After I chucked the fish I tried a chicken dish. The chicken was good. The sauce was tasty along with the pasta and spinach. So, in my opinion, some things are good and others are just okay, for that price I don't think it is worth it, but I'm glad I gave it a try.
  • 2furbabies, Everything I have eaten has been unbelievably fresh tasting and perfectly cooked. Plus for the money, I think it is very good quality...Wonder if you just had a one-time glitch?
  • leeway
    I was looking into this as well - I'm on Diet To Go right now. I went on to the website for OurLife Fresh & the menus looked great & Ruby's success is inspirational. The price seemed reasonable as well but I couldn't find any info on shipping charges. Well, there's the catch for me - I emailed & they replied promptly but the bad news is that the charge would be $50 to my area ( New Orleans) since it has to be shipped overnight. That puts it higher than my current plan with 1/3 less meals. Oh well, I'll stick to what I'm doing - it's a good plan for me so far.
  • I just ordered this program for a week, so I should be getting the meals on Saturday, even though I will being saving them for the work week. I am on diet-to-go but I was having such problems with excess water due to the food being frozen. I hope this works out for me!! I don't care about the substitutions, cause I am not a picky eater, I just want the food to be somewhat good.
  • Trouble with excess water Iin DTG meals.
    Emily,
    I have problems as well with the excess water in the Diet to Go meals. I have kind of been able to eliminate some of it (if not all) by not covering or only partially covering the meal when I microwave it. It allows a lot of the water to evaporate as the food heats up.
    I guess this tip is a little too late since you have switched to OurLife Fresh. Hope that works out better for you - good luck with the new plan!
    all the best,
    Lee
  • I received my shipment on Friday, and even though I will eat the meals starting on Monday, I had to taste one of the meals to see if I wanted to renew for the next week (deadline is Monday).

I decided to try the crab cake meals, and overall, I thought it was excellent. The crab cakes were very high quality with not a lot of filler, and the vegetables were crisp and tasted fresh. Overall, I am very impressed. Will give more details as I try out the rest of the meals this week.
  • Hi y'all - I ordered Ourlife Fresh after reading about it on this thread. My first shipment arrived today and I tried my first meal for dinner - the Salmon Rockefeller. I loved it! Was it the best meal I've ever eaten? No. But it was a really good meal with a large serving of protein. It tasted great and it filled me up!

I went with Ourlife Fresh over the competitors out there for several reasons. I like the "fresh" aspect. I do WW so the fact that points are printed on the packaging makes this super easy. And, the food sounded the most like the food I love to eat. Lots of whole grains, seasonal veggies, and a variety of proteins, including lots of seafood. The meals actually are pretty close to what I order when going out to a "nice" restaurant. Or what I cook when I am feeling really ambitious. The ten meals per week also really work for me. It leaves me 4 meals for eating out and occasional cooking so it fits into my lifestyle pretty easily.

Anyway, I give it a preliminary thumbs up!
  • Had the first salad today and the lettuce was . . . tired and wilty. Everything else was great but both salads looked like the lettuce was tired and wilty and turns out it actually is.

It's not a deal breaker for me - I certainly ate every bite. But I'll also be prepared with a bag of salad greens next week.