LA weightloss #50

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Pilates
    Joy -

Do you take a Pilates class? Unfortunately, I can't afford gym membership or a class right now. Maybe there are books/websites I could look at to learn some of the postures. It's kinda like Yoga, right?
  • Pilates Information
    Joules,

I can't afford Pilates classes or a gym membership either...especially after paying for LAWL

I simply do the tapes at home. I found some very good ones at Target and on eBay. I don't like Yoga, but Pilates is similar to it in some ways. It's based more on classical dance (ballet) movements with some yoga and strengthening techniques. I love it!

If you have a Target nearby, you can pick the tapes up for $6.99 to $9.99. If not, you should be able to find them on eBay for less than $10 as well.

There is a popular set out now called Winsor Pilates, but I haven't purchased it yet...a little too pricy!

Joy
  • I have heard of the Cheshire....I think it is in Clayton, a kind of trendy area. I would love to go see the band, but I have soooo much to do this weekend. Next week is the last week of the semester!

I have weigh in tomorrow....and I am a little scared. Although I have stayed on plan I have had lots of frozen stuff this week...and meals out. Thankfully after next week things will be a lot less hectic and I can cook more!

Diane-- how are things with you??

I also have AOL-IM....my user name is Jibbelle.

I will post after weigh in tomorrow.
  • Good Morning all!

I didn't do so well this weekend, i'm really just trying to ween myself off food instead of cutting it off completely and then going stir crazy. I ate pretty much everything I wanted over the weekend and just tried to stay in moderation.

I've been doing a lot of emotional eating for practically the whole month of July. My fiance of 8yrs decided he didn't want to be in our relationship anymore and decided he wanted his space, and I haven't been dealing with it very well. He keeps saying he's confused he wants to be together and then he doesn't want to and it just breaks my heart to know that i'm going to have to be the one to just cut my loses. This has actually been going on since May, that's when he decided to leave, by June it was settled that we would stay broken up and then for the month of July, he's been back and forth. He's just playing these mind games on me and I just am using food as a way to cope.

This morning I had a NYC size banana nut muffin and I plan to have a turkey burger (made my me, no bread) and a salad for lunch and somekind of meat w/a salad for dinner, with my LA lites in between. I'm just barely hanging on here, but I feel good today. Today I feel like I can take some control of my eating and make it work.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great day!

Kathy
  • Gaining Again!
    Well, I'm back up to 173.5, and I'm as frustrated as ever! I haven't cheated in 3 weeks except for 4 hushpuppies!

Please, if anyone can help, let me know. I would really like to try the two or three day express, but my center doesn't seem to push these. I know it can be done with the 48 hour diet or 2 oranges. If anyone has the details of the plan, PLEASE SHARE. I know it's been posted before, but I've scrolled through the posts, and can't seem to find anything. I really appreciate it.

I just need to get over this hump. My goal is 145, and I only have 8 weeks left before I have to pay for more. Any advice is appreciated. I am so discouraged right now. Thanks!

Joy
  • Hi Joy,

I don't have any wise words to share, but girl you know i'm right there with you! I definitely feel and understand your frustrations.

I've never done the 2-day express with the oranges, but I have used the hollywood diet drink. I did the vegetarian diet I had:

Breakfast- 4 egg whites and 2oz juice mix w/ 2oz of water
    Snack- 1 LA lite bar
    Lunch- 4 egg whites, 1serving veggie, 7oz juice mix w/ 7oz water
    Snack-1 LA lite bar
    Dinner-4 egg whites, 1serving veggie, 7oz juice mix w/ 7oz water

The vegetarian option is a total of 12egg whites or 6eggs for the day, 16oz of juice mix w/ 16oz of water for the day and 2servings of veggie with 2 LA lites BARS ONLY for the day! I chose this option cause it allows me to eat more, you can have everything above the same with regular meet with the allowence of meat for the day is only 3-4oz which is very small.

1/4tsp Mortons lite salt, but since your having the hollywood diet you don't need it cause it has potassium and the LAWL drink does not, I think that's the only difference. 2cs of coffe allowed, not diet soda, no crystal lite, no butter or fat, basically nothing else allowed.

Let me know if you need anything else. I've done this diet 2x and have lost 4# each time I do it for the 2 days. Good luck!

kathy
  • good suggestion
    I think I'll try Kathy's suggestion next time instead of the express I did. I lost 2lbs, but I kinda fudged on one of the days. Here's what I did:

2 veggies
    1 fruit
    3 la lites
    1 regular protein
    1 "express" protein (someone posted the list earlier. I used 2 eggs or a tbsp of peanut butter)

And, of course, lots of water.

I went back to the center today because the job from **** is finally over and I'm back in MA. I'm (thankfully) on schedule, but I cheated bigtime the night before I left New Hampshire. It was the night before graduation for the kids and we had an ice cream party. I think I made myself sick

So, here's my assignment for the next few weeks: I'm going to find the best fat free, no sugar added frozen yogurt/ice cream/sorbet. My criteria: no fat, less than 110 calories per serving, tastes good! I'd prefer chocolate, but we'll see about that. This week, I'm trying Breyer's.
  • OH!
    OK, I meant to say that I'm trying Breyer's VANILLA flavor. 90 cal/serving, 0g fat.

AND I picked up Denise Austin's Pilates video and Power Yoga/Pilates workout. I'm going to check it out today, so we'll see how out of shape I really am!
  • THANK YOU
    Kathy and Joules,

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try it with the juice or oranges at the end of the week, and I'll let you know the results. Thanks again!

Joy
  • I AM ON A POSITIVE HIGH RIGHT NOW!

Hi all,

I feel so good right now. 100% better than I felt for the past month! I actually stuck to my lunch plans instead of eating fast food. I am so eager to workout later when I get in from work. I am just so happy!

Joy and xYTx, I really think the vegetarian 2-day express diet is the way to go. I really see results that way and if you do, do the drink mix it up and stick it in the freezer for a little while, it collects these ice chips on top that just make the drink taste even better!

Have a good one everybody!

kathy
  • A quick ebay update. If anyone is taking Trimax...someone has a buy it now for $49 on ebay. I think they are $79 at the center. I bought one this weekend. I also got 4 boxes of vanilla and 4 boxes of strawberry shakes for $43 including shipping! That is $5 a box....what a deal!!! Keep you eyes open here gals!

xYTx-
    Edy's makes a fat free/sugar free chocolate with fudge swirls ice cream. It is yummy! Even my boyfriend eats it. Blue Bunny makes a few really good ones too and they go on sale often. The other think I use is North Star fat free sugar free fudge popcicles. They have less than 100 calories and are yummy too!

Semester is over Wednesday! WOOHOOOO

I went for my yearly at my OB/GYN yesterday and she was so proud of me for losing 50 lbs. It felt so good to hear her say the things she did.
  • It's a New Day
    Jibelle, Thanks for the updates on eBay, and congratulations for the loss. 50 pounds is awesome!

All, I am trying the 2-day Express today as suggested. I picked up the Hollywood 48 Hour juice from Wal-Mart last night for $13.00. That's much cheaper than I thought it would be. Anyway, today is the first of the two days. I'm praying for a miracle here. I need to lose at least four pounds just to get back to where I was this time last week. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement. I've got to do this!

Joy
  • Good Morning all!

I had a great night! I didn't exercise because it was too hot here in the city, but I did stick to my eating plans. I've been allowing myself any kind of breakfast that I want and having just protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. I think tomorrow I can go back to my regular breakfast and then I will truly be BACK!

Joy- I'm going to do the express diet, 2wks from now. Good luck on yours. How's it going so far?

Kathy
  • Oh my GOD, that Pilates tape is a killer!! I managed to motor through the whole 40-min-workout, but it really got me nice and sore. Looks like this will do the trick. Some of the postures were a little tough for me because they require supporting my weight on one arm, and one of my arms is still recovering from being broken last summer. It's still not strong enough. I think this is something I could do 3x a week. I can't believe how much I sweated during that thing... LoL.

My boyfriend was no help. He's blessed with this high metabolism that keeps him skinny as a rail, so he is beside himself when it comes to my weightloss. His idea of dinner is a box of twinkies and a beer. I tried to encourage him to work out with me, but no go Ah well.

Kathy, I think I might try your vegetarian express for a couple of days. It's so hard not to cheat on the other one. I did pretty well yesterday, but I didn't see a loss. I'm off to buy some juice!
  • xYTx- what pilates tape did you do? Denise Austin's or Winsor? What were you doing yesterday? An express day or just your regular diet?

The folks at my center gave me the option of the vegetarian diet. I notice that not all centers give out the same info.

Kathy