The first thing you want to do at goal

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I'm not sure if there is a thread like this already (and if there is, sorry) but since I was thinking about this on my elliptical today (sometimes if I think about why I'm doing it, it makes my harder days easier) I figured I'd make a post and see what some others have to say.

I gained the weight during and after my pregnancy almost 4 years ago. So being extremely unhappy with myself I have almost no pictures of my daughter and me. My family has no pictures of my family and myself to have in their homes that that makes me very sad.

So that being said the first thing I want to do when I reach my goal is go and have some very nice family shots taken. Some really nice ones of my daughter and myself, my husband and myself and all of us together.

I can't wait!! And the thought of it is something I hold onto on the days I have a hard time getting up the momentum to 'just do it'.

So, what are you looking forward to most at reaching your goal?
  • I think that's a lovely thing to look forward to- I'm not sure what I look forward to most- but I'd probably get a really nice haircut and some new clothes
  • I want to reward myself that will encourage me to stay active. I was considering maybe a luxurious gym and spa membership for a while? A cross-country bike trip? A "bikini" holiday?
  • I want to be able to slip easily into a pair of Calvin Klein shorts I've had hanging in my closet for about 10 years. After that I want to go shopping and buy a brand new wardrobe.
  • That's a great goal!

Mine is pretty superficial--clothes clothes clothes clothes!!! (and probably some clothes, too!)
  • Shout from the rooftops that I did it!
  • Shop for new clothes, of course.
  • First thing I want to do is go SHOPPING! Ooh I cannot wait!
  • My mother always told me "You can't have short hair being chubby, it just makes you look chubbier" I have always followed that "rule", I have never had hair above my shoulder. So, I want a sassy haircut at least to my chin!!!
  • Haha, these are all great! Of course clothes are on my list too . . I mean, I'm going to need a new great outfit for those pictures aren't I. :P
  • For me it's about the clothes too! There's nothing else that I'm waiting to do when I reach goal, I'm doing it all now!
  • My husband is in the AF and just hearing about everything he's had to go through with BMT and tech school and all the training he's gotten is so inspiring and I admire him so much for doing it all. I'm tired of working at Subway and any other fast food joint or retail job that all you have to do is fill out an application. I want something that will challenge my mind as well as my body and take me to see the country and other parts of the world! So.......When I reach my goal, I am marching in to the nearest AF recruiter's office and signing up! I can't wait to be at BMT! My hubby is excited about it and thinks it's a great idea. He's been cheering me on!
  • That is awesome Eve!!!
  • Quote: That is awesome Eve!!!
    Thanks Michelle! I can't wait.
  • The first thing I'll do is announce it on 3FC. You folks are the only ones who know my starting weight and you'll be the ones who will know the ending weight.