BASEBALL 2009 ~ The PLAYOFF RUN

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • A little quiet please
    Can you keep it down around here? The Yanques and Red Sox are tied 2-2 after two innnings, and I suspect that Sweetcaroline is busy trying to pull this all together.
  • Quote: somebody please shut Joe Morgan up!!!! does he ever shut up?
    NOPE !!!!!!!!!! and once you notice it .... its really bad ! I heard all of these stats last night so its a repeat to boot..
  • Quote: Can you keep it down around here? The Yanques and Red Sox are tied 2-2 after two innnings, and I suspect that Sweetcaroline is busy trying to pull this all together.
    LOL... oh... I'm sorry Bill... if I sit in front of the TV they do not do well, so I have to sit over here at the puter... maybe not.. I'm over here and the Yankees just scored...
    I think they just called Damon a scrapper...
    I can transcribe the whole game if you'd like... LOL
  • Joe morgan can repeat anything and I mean ANYTHING...a bazillion times!
  • Hang tough
    Just keep up the good work, Sweetcaroline - the heavy bats will kick in anytime now.

P.S. Who is this Joe Morgan person that you-know-who keeps yelling about?
  • obviously BILL is listening to the game with the TV on mute...is that possible?...listening to the game on mute?
  • LOL... yup... Gary we just turn on the local radio station... and listen to Joe Castiglione, its the only way to not lose your mind...

there are 3 of them tonight... not a moment of silence...

Bill... wherever you're sitting, get up and move please...

Clydegirl... I'll trade you a Penny for a Smoltz...
  • We will keep Smoltz.

I just put the game on. I think I will be watching Project Runway from the other night
  • ohhhh thanks for the reminder Clydegirl I love that show but can't get used to it being on Lifetime...
  • Booo... why can't the Red Sox beat the Yankees anymore??

The Mets can't beat anybody. Yesterday they had a great comeback attempt, down 6 runs, and got it to within 9-6 going into the 9th. Then they scored 1 to make it 9-7 and had 2 on, 0 out.... looking like they might pull out some dramatic win. And then...they put on a hit and run, and the batter hits a line drive up the middle.... right to the 2bman who was covering the bag for the steal attempt, he catches the liner, touches 2b, and tags the runner coming from first... triple play game over. Should have been a 9-8 gm with runners on 1st and 3rd and 0 out, and ends up being game over, we lose. So many crazy losses this yr.

And today (after losing yet another game) they announced Johan Santana is going to miss his next start and is going to see a doctor b/c of pain in his elbow. This season keeps getting worse. Oh and Jeff Francouer who had been playing well for us since acquired in a trade from ATL tore a ligament his his thumb. Somebody must have a giant Mets voodoo doll out there.
  • RAZZ... Poor Mets... I know they are having a miserable season.. But you are a die-hard fan... seems no matter what they do (or don't do) you still support them... Very Very cool... You are a true fan ! Hang in there !!

Believe me, we would love to beat the Yankees for you but I don't think anyone is going to catch them, but we 'will' be playing and beating them in October !
  • I can't tell you guys how good it is to have our regular announcers back.. Thank goodness !
    It wasn't bad enough to drop 2/3... to Yanks.. but had to listen to those idiots !

Enjoy your games everyone...
  • No game for us tonight.

Popcorn and pizza looks good.
  • Diane how about that walk off grand slam last night!!
  • That was an amazing game. I have to admit that I missed the last of it. I have some kind of flu and only made it to the 12th inning. Who knew I only had 2 more to go! ha! My husband said it was really fun to watch.

Now we have to face Gary's Dodgers. I hope my guys got some rest last night!!