WOW 200 calories makes so much difference (thanks onderchic and others!)

• so recently i asked for opinions on calorie intake. i had been aiming for 1000 to 1100, but most days ending up around 950. onederchic, and others recommended that i bump up to 1200. i just have to say THANK YOU. you wouldnt think 2-300 calories would make a huge difference, but it REALLY has. i used to eat 3 small meals and then like a skinny cow at night. i was hungry all the time and literally counted down minutes when i got like an hour away from my next meal. with the extra calories, ive been able to add two snacks to my schedule and it has helped SO much.

when i first started dieting i did 5 small meals a day to avoid getting "starving", but as i dropped my calories, i cut that out within the last month. BAD idea. im not fixating on food any more and thinking about when i get to eat next. even if this does slow the scale, i think its worth it. thanks so much!!
  • I am so happy for you!
  • oh my gosh i feel SO much better. 2 or 300 calories doesnt sound like much, but it is! i was so desperate to see the scale drop that i think i wasnt eating enough to fuel my body. thanks!
  • You're welcome
  • Yeah at your weight you were definitely eating too little! You could probably even go as high as 1350 a day and still lose weight
  • At your weight you could eat 1400-1500 a day and likely still lose. Especially if you're eating mostly fruits and veggies, you should not have to feel hungry to lose weight (in fact, feeling consistently hungry will make it much harder to lose weight in the long run, as you'll be waging a never endig uphill battle against an army of chemicals in your brain and body, desperate for you to eat more). Cutting back hard may be good for dropping a few pounds for a wedding, but sustainable changes are needed if you want to comfortably keep the weight off.

Eat healthy food until you are comfortably satisfied a few times a day, within a calorie budget reasonable for your weight and activity level, and you'll be golden
  • Yay!!! I'm glad it worked out for you! I used to think JUST like you, that I would need to starve in order to lose weight. That was before I came on here and saw all these chickies EATING (good food) and still managing to lose weight. I saw the light. hehe. I'm glad that you're not so hungry anymore. Been there, DONE with that. I hate that feeling of hunger. Anyway, woohoo!
  • I'm your height and weight, and I lose on about 1500-1700 per day. I think I would fall over and die at 1000 or even 1200. I stopped losing when I was at about 1400-1500 and exercising a lot. I had to up my calories to see the scale go down.
  • I have to have 2100 a day at my weight
  • Okay so I've done all the calorie calculators and I'm supposed to have A LOT of calories but I can barely eat 1,000. How on earth can I eat the amount of calories I need for weight loss on a tight budget !?!?!?!

So frustrated on healthy food prices
  • i have the same problem, we are also on a tight budget. FOR ME, it was about "healthier" choices. buying all fresh veggies and meat or organic anything is a fortune. look at labels, try to pick the best things you can on your budge. swap your lucky charms for a box of life cereal or some bran flakes. sure, maybe its not the BEST thing you could eat for breakfast, but 1 cup of bran flakes beats the 3 bowls of lucky charms id end up eating!
  • Maybe check out this thread here for some ideas

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...ys-1-less.html
  • For my weight and height I vary my caloric intake daily from between 1,400 to 1,900. If I eat 1400 for a few days in a row I immediately stall in weight loss.

Seriously people, how can you eat 1200 a day and remain standing let alone find energy to exercise and work?
  • Thank you for the link and the advice girls

lol @ Wannabeskinny..... Probably because my stupid body goes into starvation mode and turns it all into fat